ImageImage

Kostas Papanikolaou

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Re: Kostas Papanikolaou 

Post#101 » by Guy986 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 pm

I would be pleasantly surprised if Papa gives us better production than Omri Casspi last season.

18 minutes, 7ppg, 3.7 rebounds on 42%FG, 35%3pt

Thats the benchmark to beat.
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#102 » by Greek » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Guy986 wrote:I would be pleasantly surprised if Papa gives us better production than Omri Casspi last season.

18 minutes, 7ppg, 3.7 rebounds on 42%FG, 35%3pt

Thats the benchmark to beat.

He will also give you toughness and hard D. Casspi is soft compared to him...
Greek
Starter

Post#103 » by Greek » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:44 am

So whats your impressions from Kosta after the preseason? how many minutes do you expect to play and can you see him in more than one position?
Senior
And1: 51

Post#104 » by 000001 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Greek wrote:So whats your impressions from Kosta after the preseason? how many minutes do you expect to play and can you see him in more than one position?

in 5 games he has look great in 2 and average in the other 3

i see alot of luis scola in him, not the way he plays but the attitude he has giving 110% in every play you can see his desire to help the team win ,is good to see , not star potential , just like luis scola a great role player in the making

i think hes gonna play back up 3 and back up 4
fire morey please ,the sooner the better.....ryan Anderson is a 3 not a 4
Greek
Starter

Post#105 » by Greek » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:14 pm

000001 wrote:
Greek wrote:So whats your impressions from Kosta after the preseason? how many minutes do you expect to play and can you see him in more than one position?

in 5 games he has look great in 2 and average in the other 3

i see alot of luis scola in him, not the way he plays but the attitude he has giving 110% in every play you can see his desire to help the team win ,is good to see , not star potential , just like luis scola a great role player in the making

i think hes gonna play back up 3 and back up 4

If he gets a similar career to Scola i will be stunned. Thats a borderline all star player!
Guy986
RealGM

Post#106 » by Guy986 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 pm

He's playing the way i expect him to play. He's meeting my expectation. Papa is just like his scouting report says. Savy, crafty, smart, good size, good motor.

He appears to have trouble hitting the NBA 3. Some of his attempts barely graze the rim. I dont think he's going to be a consistent 3pt shooter in his rookie year. And because he's a rookie(even if he is seasoned) he's going to have trouble defending. He's gonna be in foul trouble. He's gonna have terrible nights. So.....Around 18-20MPG. Backing up SF and situation PF.
Greek
Starter

Post#107 » by Greek » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Guy986 wrote:

He's playing the way i expect him to play. He's meeting my expectation. Papa is just like his scouting report says. Savy, crafty, smart, good size, good motor.

He appears to have trouble hitting the NBA 3. Some of his attempts barely graze the rim. I dont think he's going to be a consistent 3pt shooter in his rookie year. And because he's a rookie(even if he is seasoned) he's going to have trouble defending. He's gonna be in foul trouble. He's gonna have terrible nights. So.....Around 18-20MPG. Backing up SF and situation PF.

What about his athleticism? its up there to the standards of the SF position? He is no way elite, but at least is good enough?
Guy986
RealGM

Post#108 » by Guy986 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 am

Greek wrote:
Guy986 wrote:

What about his athleticism? its up there to the standards of the SF position? He is no way elite, but at least is good enough?

Athleticism wise its below average but fortunately he has good length. His layups are of the below the rim variety. I think he learned that those don't fly in the NBA. He's gotten blocked a few times going at the rim already. He'll adjust. Like the game against Pelicans for example. Papa kept trying to shoot over Anthony Davis and those shots got rejected. So he shoots under and around him.

He's smart and makes winning play so he'll be in the rotation for sure.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#109 » by Freefloater » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:51 am

Perhaps he dont look athletic but sometimes its seems hes the most athletic guy on th e floor

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#110 » by Nebula1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:13 am

I am loving this dude
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#111 » by Mr. E » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 am

Nebula1 wrote:I am loving this dude

I was a bit concerned after Game 1, but it's clear now that he just had opening night jitters.

He has much better on-court awareness than I anticipated. Also quicker on his feet than I expected.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#112 » by Freefloater » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:04 am

Finals MVP...book it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
Greek
Starter

Post#113 » by Greek » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Ive got impressed with his floor game considering that handles was one of his main weakness, and his passing.

The guy who said a new Scola maybe is not that far off. Great signing for the Rockets. Funny thing that with aging VSpan our best players (Greek NT) will be SF's, and we have an other upcoming SF too, Charalampopoulos.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#114 » by inquisitive » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:19 am

his D is better than i thought
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#115 » by Nebula1 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 1:24 pm

Rockets could use a good run from this guy over this tough stretch of games:

@ Miami
v SAS
v GSW
@ Minny
Lorenzomax7
Rookie
And1: 243

Post#116 » by Lorenzomax7 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:11 pm

He will be a solid 12-6 player in 4 yrs.
Watch NBA since 1998. Huge fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Spurs & Tim Duncan, Yao Ming & Linsanity, Brooklyn & Coney Island. Former Brooklyn Chinese resident.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#117 » by Nebula1 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:17 pm

We have to wait 4 years??

I think he'll be much better by the time the Playoffs come around as he adapts to the NBA speed. Some of what I've noticed is him trying to sneak in passes, etc. that underestimate NBA reaction time, that might work in Europe.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#118 » by jwise44 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:54 pm

Greek wrote:Ive got impressed with his floor game considering that handles was one of his main weakness, and his passing.

The guy who said a new Scola maybe is not that far off. Great signing for the Rockets. Funny thing that with aging VSpan our best players (Greek NT) will be SF's, and we have an other upcoming SF too, Charalampopoulos.

Charmalampolous?

Greek last names sound like Pokemon characters to me

I don't mean to offend, I love the greek people, but Jesus yall have crazy last names!!
Greek
Starter

Post#119 » by Greek » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:27 pm

jwise44 wrote:
Greek wrote:Ive got impressed with his floor game considering that handles was one of his main weakness, and his passing.

Charmalampolous?

Greek last names sound like Pokemon characters to me

I don't mean to offend, I love the greek people, but Jesus yall have crazy last names!!

Haha, is a big name even for us. Actually the name of Papanikolaou is 2 words, papa=priest Nikolaou from Nicholas.

He is SF/PF, more likely PF since the last report says that he is 6'9 with 6'11 wingspan, and not great athlete, but very high IQ skilled, and complete player. A small video from him

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYR-8IBf3YE[/youtube]
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#120 » by Nebula1 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:45 pm

He was not good last night but I liked the aggressiveness. Just wish a 3 would have dropped for him.

Return to Houston Rockets