ImageImage

Kostas Papanikolaou

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Kostas Papanikolaou 

Post#1 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:01 am

We haven't had the best of luck with Greeks here (VSPan, JakeT) but now that Parsons is a Maverick I think we need to bring him over. I think his buyout is only $500k? We traded TRob to get him and we traded PPat to get TRob so he's really like our #14 pick from 2010.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Re: Kostas Papanikolaou 

Post#2 » by MaxRider » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:37 am

depend he wants to come and play in nba or not
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:58 am

MaxRider wrote:depend he wants to come and play in nba or not

He does. He just doesn't want to get Spanoullied by Morey and McHale.

Houston Rockets have his NBA rights and during the season they tried to sign him. His answer was negative. Our question is really simple. When he will go to the NBA?

“Nothing changed in my thoughts about the NBA. If I get a good chance, I will go. However, I am new in this team, they have treated me with respect and I only think about Barcelona. A team that helps me evolve my game and be better. So, I don’t know what will happen, if I will end up in the NBA this summer or the next one.

I will need a balanced combination between the contract I will be offered and my role in a NBA team, in order to sign there. I don’t mean of course that I will demand the same kind of money that I get from Barcelona.

For sure I am ready to sacrifice some money in order to get there. You have to make sacrifices in order to make your dreams a reality. But the way I will be approached, will play a pivotal role in my decision. I play in one of the best teams in Europe. I don’t want just to sign in the NBA without having a place in a team’s rotation.

I don’t want something like a guarantee, I know how things work in the States. But I want to be sure that I will get an equal chance and they will trust me in order to get there, fight and establish myself in the NBA”.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/05/one-on-one/48256
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#4 » by MaxRider » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:04 am

texasholdem wrote:
MaxRider wrote:depend he wants to come and play in nba or not

He does. He just doesn't want to get Spanoullied by Morey and McHale.

Houston Rockets have his NBA rights and during the season they tried to sign him. His answer was negative. Our question is really simple. When he will go to the NBA?

“Nothing changed in my thoughts about the NBA. If I get a good chance, I will go. However, I am new in this team, they have treated me with respect and I only think about Barcelona. A team that helps me evolve my game and be better. So, I don’t know what will happen, if I will end up in the NBA this summer or the next one.

I will need a balanced combination between the contract I will be offered and my role in a NBA team, in order to sign there. I don’t mean of course that I will demand the same kind of money that I get from Barcelona.

For sure I am ready to sacrifice some money in order to get there. You have to make sacrifices in order to make your dreams a reality. But the way I will be approached, will play a pivotal role in my decision. I play in one of the best teams in Europe. I don’t want just to sign in the NBA without having a place in a team’s rotation.

I don’t want something like a guarantee, I know how things work in the States. But I want to be sure that I will get an equal chance and they will trust me in order to get there, fight and establish myself in the NBA”.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/05/one-on-one/48256

he'll get his opportunity if he can play
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#5 » by MaxRider » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/488910001755258881[/tweet]

he's coming

if dmo is our most experience bench then ...
houston we have a problem
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant
And1: 629

Post#6 » by Aaron Brooks » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:10 am

Euro LBJ
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#7 » by rocketsballin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:41 am

his 6 years of euroleague experience will make up for his zero nba experience. happened with beverley. your backup sf for next season

but yeah, we need more vets. jameer or brooks at pg is a good start
Greek
Starter
And1: 449

Post#8 » by Greek » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 pm

According the Greek media his negotiating 2 years contract and most probably will come over. I believe that Parsons absence making him to feel that he well get his chance
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#9 » by Freefloater » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

is he any good at d and 3p?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by texasholdem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Good news.
Ariza/Papa(r)
Jones/Motie
Howard
Harden/Daniels
Beverley/Johnson(r)/Canaan

5 roster spots up for grabs
Greek
Starter

Post#11 » by Greek » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:36 am

Freefloater wrote:is he any good at d and 3p?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

He is 42,5% career shooter in the Euroleague, but last season only 36%. His main weakness is his handling. Other than that, very nice all around game, very confident scrappy player. He will make the big shot, he will give you the big block, and he will get a crucial rebound. Great motor, he always giving them all. He will make plays that doesnt shown on the score board.Really nice addition for you
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#12 » by Mr. E » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Greek - wasn't Joey Dorsey his teammate? Do you have any insight on how he looked over there?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by texasholdem » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Mr. E wrote:Greek - wasn't Joey Dorsey his teammate? Do you have any insight on how he looked over there?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phRaRWVcloQ[/youtube]
Looks like a mini Dwight.
Greek
Starter

Post#14 » by Greek » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Mr. E wrote:Greek - wasn't Joey Dorsey his teammate? Do you have any insight on how he looked over there?

Dorsey has his best year as a teammate to Pap but not in Barca but on Olympiacos. Great defensive player. Really strong, he moves his feet well, and he could switch on pick and roll. Good rebounder. Above the rim player. The bad now. He cant score outside of dunks/lay ups. No range at all. Questionable attitude. If he keeps his mind he can give you 10-15 good minutes from the bench. You could do worse with that money you gave him, but not expect any huge numbers.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by texasholdem » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Wow Dorsey's FT% is even worse than Dwight. 37.3% 45.7% 42.9% 35.8%
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#16 » by MaxRider » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:44 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ndpapaioannou/status/489550703556587520[/tweet]

no deal
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#17 » by BaYBaller » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 am

Greek wrote:

Dorsey has his best year as a teammate to Pap but not in Barca but on Olympiacos. Great defensive player. Really strong, he moves his feet well, and he could switch on pick and roll. Good rebounder. Above the rim player. The bad now. He cant score outside of dunks/lay ups. No range at all. Questionable attitude. If he keeps his mind he can give you 10-15 good minutes from the bench. You could do worse with that money you gave him, but not expect any huge numbers.

Yeah if he can defend the PnR, set picks, protect the rim and rebound that's all we need from him honestly.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Mr. E » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:06 am

MaxRider wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ndpapaioannou/status/489550703556587520[/tweet]

no deal

That's too bad. I was hoping to see him over here.

I will now turn my attention to Clint Capela. Being of Swiss ancestry myself this dude is going to be my guy! :lol:
- Winston Churchill
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by texasholdem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 am

We traded T-Rob to Portland for this guy and he's probably never coming over like Llull.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Mr. E » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:47 am

texasholdem wrote:We traded T-Rob to Portland for this guy and he's probably never coming over like Llull.

To be fair, we traded Robinson for cap space. Getting Papa would just be gravy.
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Rockets