Moderators: ken6199, TMU

MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Re: Game 65: Rockets @ Utah 

Post#21 » by MaxRider » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 am

panarama wrote:
MaxRider wrote:
panarama wrote:I understand we are struggling to score tonight but our defense tho! SMH

dmo can't play center

D-Mo's becoming irrelevant defensively after the all star break for sure at the center spot.
Though, I really don't mind him playing SF for us once Dwight comes back.
At this point we need a center who can protect the rim ASAP since the league is putting a heavy emphasis on defensive game since the playoffs is getting nearer.
Hopefully, when Dwight comes back pre-injury Orlando(x3 DPY) healthy!...
Okay, NVM, Dwight, just play at least 50% of Orlando level for us once you come back!!!

dmo can't even guard pick and roll and you want him to play sf :o
panarama
Sixth Man
And1: 59

Post#22 » by panarama » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:26 am

MaxRider wrote:
panarama wrote:
MaxRider wrote:dmo can't play center

D-Mo's becoming irrelevant defensively after the all star break for sure at the center spot.
Though, I really don't mind him playing SF for us once Dwight comes back.
At this point we need a center who can protect the rim ASAP since the league is putting a heavy emphasis on defensive game since the playoffs is getting nearer.
Hopefully, when Dwight comes back pre-injury Orlando(x3 DPY) healthy!...
Okay, NVM, Dwight, just play at least 50% of Orlando level for us once you come back!!!

dmo can't even guard pick and roll and you want him to play sf :o

He has regressed tremendously while playing as a center esp. from the defensive end. Yet, I've seen him playing resilient defense and nicely guarding P/R plenty of times from 3/4 before Dwight's injury occurred. I'm sure he will be alright once he goes back to his natural position esp. next to Dwight and TJ who has size and is becoming better at defense.
But as for my previous post, I was thinking of how the team needs his scoring outside Harden more so than his adequate defensive capability.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#23 » by texasholdem » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 am

How many bad games has Harden had this year now? 11? 12? MVP chances slipping away. I think LeBron gets his 5th regular season MVP. Not that he hasn't had bad games as well but fans are booing Harden for his offensive flopping so I'm sure the writers and broadcasters who vote for the award probably are doing the same.

And I said it before Brewer > Ariza. It's too bad we'll probably lose Corey as an unrestricted free agent because of Ariza's contract. It's fine if Trevor only had 4 pts tonight if Hayward hadn't gone off for 29.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,109

Post#24 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:08 am

It seemed to me that your team was allowing the Jazz to shoot a TON of open 3s. Was that your impression? Or did it seem like about an average game in that area to you?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
panarama
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by panarama » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:09 am

texasholdem wrote:How many bad games has Harden had this year now? 11? 12? MVP chances slipping away. I think LeBron gets his 5th regular season MVP. Not that he hasn't had bad games as well but fans are booing Harden for his offensive flopping so I'm sure the writers and broadcasters who vote for the award probably are doing the same.

And I said it before Brewer > Ariza. It's too bad we'll probably lose Corey as an unrestricted free agent because of Ariza's contract. It's fine if Trevor only had 4 pts tonight if Hayward hadn't gone off for 29.

Ariza and J. Smith got to go, they bring bad energy to any teams they have ever played for and are continually doing so with the Rockets.
Other honorable mention Bad Energy Dudes in the NBA: JR Smith, Nate Robinson, Metta World Peace.
Bad Energy Dudes: Mentally Handicapped yet Physically Talented which can lead them to frequent Tunnel Vision.
panarama
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by panarama » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:27 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:It seemed to me that your team was allowing the Jazz to shoot a TON of open 3s. Was that your impression? Or did it seem like about an average game in that area to you?

As of right now we are the type of team that needs to score to get motivated to play defense.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#27 » by MaxRider » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:16 pm

panarama wrote:
He has regressed tremendously while playing as a center esp. from the defensive end. Yet, I've seen him playing resilient defense and nicely guarding P/R plenty of times from 3/4 before Dwight's injury occurred. I'm sure he will be alright once he goes back to his natural position esp. next to Dwight and TJ who has size and is becoming better at defense.
But as for my previous post, I was thinking of how the team needs his scoring outside Harden more so than his adequate defensive capability.

he's better defending the post than pick and roll, he still can't guard center
seem like people already know his move so his fake don't always work anymore
look like to me tjones is running pick and roll with harden better than dmo
now i just see dmo spotting up while tjones set the pick
why not mix it up a bit?
if i'm the scout for other team
i will tell my team to let dmo shoot the 3 and foul him don't give him any layup/dunk
let tjones shoot the 3 as well
so is harden and beverley
both can't shoot
harden can't shoot when he didn't do his step back
panarama
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by panarama » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:31 am

MaxRider wrote:
panarama wrote:

he's better defending the post than pick and roll, he still can't guard center
seem like people already know his move so his fake don't always work anymore
look like to me tjones is running pick and roll with harden better than dmo
now i just see dmo spotting up while tjones set the pick
why not mix it up a bit?
if i'm the scout for other team
i will tell my team to let dmo shoot the 3 and foul him don't give him any layup/dunk
let tjones shoot the 3 as well
so is harden and beverley
both can't shoot
harden can't shoot when he didn't do his step back

Defensively, D-Mo did a superb job for us filling in for Dwight until recently but his body isnt built for either PF or C position to handle a long haul NBA workload. I was thinking the same thing with TJ in that regards until TJ proved me wrong just recently by bulking up while staying active in the paint area so it's nice trade off from D-Mo's recent defensive shortcoming from the team's stand point.

Offensively, D-Mo relies on his finesse game, utilizing his underrated footwork with that odd looking hook shots which I think will serve him well in SF position.
D-Mo also has pretty good jump shot yet he isn't a slasher nor a player who plays above the rim nor able to shoot any type of floaters to be successful P/R player along side Harden. In that sense, yes, TJ is a far more superior player to play P/R with Harden when compare to D-Mo. Yet, we aren't known as a P/R team. Of course I would like to see P/R implemented as our reg. plays but there is no point mixing the P/R game as a part of game plan. I missed maybe watching 2 games out of our past 8 games but I haven't seen any meaningful points coming off from P/R from this team.

Return to Houston Rockets