Moderators: ken6199, TMU

texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: Terrence Jones vs Donatas Motiejanus 

Post#21 » by texasholdem » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:06 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Definitely, but he's not ready to start at PF yet. In fact, still trying to determine if his best position is SF or PF.

Personally, I'd take Jones at PF and let Gordon/Hezonja handle SF duties. Not a big fan of Harris. yeah, he's young and talented, but sometimes a player just doesn't fit with what you're cooking.

Assuming no Oladipo, Payton, Vucevic, Gordon or Hezonja...Jones for a 100% unprotected first rounder?

Our GM isn't dumb enough to make that deal. Jones is a nyce player but with some serious injury history. I could see 2017 top 10 protected? Truthfully, I suck at establishing trade value on draft picks. If you're asking price is a unprotected #1, think that's too rich for us.

Well you guys resigned Harris so would you be willing to trade Jones for AGordon since you guys have Harris, Harkless and Hezonja at SF.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#22 » by Sherlock » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:21 pm

Terrence Jones is getting a lot of love on the Raptors board. What would it take from the Raptors' roster for T. Jones?

The proposal we're seeing the most is Terrence Ross for Terrence Jones. We need a PF and you guys need wing shooting.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#23 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:26 pm

Phil A Xiao wrote:Terrence Jones is getting a lot of love on the Raptors board. What would it take from the Raptors' roster for T. Jones?

The proposal we're seeing the most is Terrence Ross for Terrence Jones. We need a PF and you guys need wing shooting.

Don't think Ross would get enough time here with Ariza, Harden and Brewer back. Plus Dekker and possibly McDaniels.

Jones for Delon Wright and a top 10 protected first?
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#24 » by Sherlock » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:49 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Phil A Xiao wrote:Terrence Jones is getting a lot of love on the Raptors board. What would it take from the Raptors' roster for T. Jones?

Don't think Ross would get enough time here with Ariza, Harden and Brewer back. Plus Dekker and possibly McDaniels.

I think the Raps would probably consider that deal if it were a lottery-protected first. We've got our own picks in 16 and 17, plus the Clippers pick in 17 which is lottery protected, so I'd assume that any of those could be traded as long as they were lottery protected.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#25 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:57 pm

Phil A Xiao wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

I think the Raps would probably consider that deal if it were a lottery-protected first. We've got our own picks in 16 and 17, plus the Clippers pick in 17 which is lottery protected, so I'd assume that any of those could be traded as long as they were lottery protected.

Be part of a deal that brings Ty Lawson to Houston.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#26 » by RightToCensor » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:59 pm

Other teams love Terrence Jones for his ability in transition and shot blocking ability. He's a developing stretch four, and I think if he gets that down packed he could be a really good starting PF in the league.
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#27 » by Flight33 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:29 pm

rocketsballin wrote:that depends on how fooled other teams are about jones. in reality dmo is the better overall player on both offense and defense. underrated defender. but jones has been the starter for two years and dmo just had a breakout year but got injured at the end. hopefully teams are big on jones so we can package him in a trade. thats what im hopin for

That's what I'm hoping for too :wink:
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#28 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:56 pm

RightToCensor wrote:Other teams love Terrence Jones for his ability in transition and shot blocking ability. He's a developing stretch four, and I think if he gets that down packed he could be a really good starting PF in the league.

He's a great hustle/utility type guy and has improved each season. If he gets a consistent 3 ball, he'll be dangerous.

A good season of health would be great for him as well.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#29 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Which of these two guys gets the starting PF job?

I say Jones.
Makaveli2
Junior
And1: 56

Post#30 » by Makaveli2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:46 am

Due to the last year injuries to both dmo and tones and losing Josh Smith, the rockets don't have the flexibility at pf to trade tjones, unless it's for something of really good value which hasn't been presented.
RightToCensor wrote:Other teams love Terrence Jones for his ability in transition and shot blocking ability. He's a developing stretch four, and I think if he gets that down packed he could be a really good starting PF in the league.
DonHouston
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#31 » by DonHouston » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:06 am

I think DMo should start. He's one of the best post players in the league.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#32 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:19 pm

DonHouston wrote:I think DMo should start. He's one of the best post players in the league.

Except Jones has won the job over him every season so far. I think Jones will/should continue to get the starts with the departure of Smith.
DonHouston
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#33 » by DonHouston » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
DonHouston wrote:I think DMo should start. He's one of the best post players in the league.

Except Jones has won the job over him every season so far. I think Jones will/should continue to get the starts with the departure of Smith.

I don't really agree with that logic. Jones has been better in past seasons but I think DMo has improved and has developed into a better player.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#34 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:01 pm

DonHouston wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

I don't really agree with that logic. Jones has been better in past seasons but I think DMo has improved and has developed into a better player.

Based on what? Yeah, Motie has a better post game but he's not as explosive as Jones. He's not nearly the ball handler. Both are ok defenders, Jones is a better rebounder.

Basically I haven't seen enough for Motiejunas to displace Jones as a starter.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#35 » by inquisitive » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Chuck Hayes should start over both of them...cuz he is the Blake Griffin STOPPER! :wink:
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#36 » by Nebula1 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 7:30 pm

Don't forget Jones is Harden's boy.
gcates
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#37 » by gcates » Fri Aug 7, 2015 8:08 pm

I like them both, and they both bring different things to the table, but I have an affinity for Jones. He's a good rim protector and the stats back it up (http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/), and he also crashes the offensive glass effectively and has a knack for scoring without the ball in his hand. I like how he runs the floor, can handle the ball and can shoot a bit from the outside (obviously we'd like more consistency there).

Don't get me wrong...I love DMo and want to see him play 25 mins a game (or somewhere in that neighborhood), but I just feel like Jones does more for the team and deserves the starting job. Really felt like his injury issues derailed a real breakout season for him.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#38 » by Nebula1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:09 pm

gcates wrote:I like them both, and they both bring different things to the table, but I have an affinity for Jones. He's a good rim protector and the stats back it up (http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/), and he also crashes the offensive glass effectively and has a knack for scoring without the ball in his hand. I like how he runs the floor, can handle the ball and can shoot a bit from the outside (obviously we'd like more consistency there).

Don't get me wrong...I love DMo and want to see him play 25 mins a game (or somewhere in that neighborhood), but I just feel like Jones does more for the team and deserves the starting job. Really felt like his injury issues derailed a real breakout season for him.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see if both guys can maintain their improved outside shooting.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#39 » by moofs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:27 pm

I would have said "Amir Johnson," but it looks like that bird flew the coop.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#40 » by Nebula1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Terrence Jones had a decent showing at the USA Basketball scrimmage

http://www.usab.com/news-events/live-stats/2015/08/box-score-2015-showcase-game-blue-vs-white.aspx

Return to Houston Rockets