ImageImage

Wood to Dallas for #26 and filler

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Wood to Dallas for #26 and filler 

Post#1 » by vtime » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:53 am

And what happened to this board? I remember in the not doing distant past when it was lively.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Wood to Dallas for #26 and filler 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:58 am

Houston FO must be on drugs, such a bad trade IMO
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant
And1: 629

Post#3 » by Aaron Brooks » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:30 pm

vtime wrote:And what happened to this board? I remember in the not doing distant past when it was lively.

I would also like to know
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
desi tmac91
Junior
And1: 292

Post#4 » by desi tmac91 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:40 pm

Aaron Brooks wrote:
vtime wrote:And what happened to this board? I remember in the not doing distant past when it was lively.

We got the old. :(
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#5 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:42 pm

They sold low because they needed the third frp to package them for #1 and jump over OKC for Chet
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#6 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:47 am

I just don't think he had much value, unfortunately. Hopefully he fits in and plays well, wish him the best but Tim MacMahon said they'd been trying to get someone to give them a FRP for him since the deadline and no one would bite until the Mavs finally did.
Young guys didn't like playing with him and vice versa. Rockets had to move him. Could easily see him outplaying that value in a contract year playing off Luka but he wasn't going to play his way into more value on this team playing like he did this last year
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#7 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Apparently they were trying to get a first since last year's draft, actually, and never could, which I find surprising. League has never been high on him it seems
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#8 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:26 am

Aaron Brooks wrote:

The Rockets have one of the more successful and thriving fansites in the league over at CF. The overwhelming majority of Rockets fans converge on the boards there. That doesn't leave much interaction in places like this.
In fact, I'd wager good money that virtually every Rockets whose chimes in here also has an account there.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant
And1: 629

Post#9 » by Aaron Brooks » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
Aaron Brooks wrote:

The Rockets have one of the more successful and thriving fansites in the league over at CF. The overwhelming majority of Rockets fans converge on the boards there. That doesn't leave much interaction in places like this.
In fact, I'd wager good money that virtually every Rockets whose chimes in here also has an account there.

I'm well aware, but this place was active years ago when CF was still a thing. Just looking for a place for Rockets discussions, and CF is really toxic and r/rockets is full of memes and very little discussion.
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#10 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm

Aaron Brooks wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Aaron Brooks wrote:

I'm well aware, but this place was active years ago when CF was still a thing. Just looking for a place for Rockets discussions, and CF is really toxic and r/rockets is full of memes and very little discussion.

Yup. Really wish this board would rise from the dead. I'm not going to CF lol
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#11 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Aaron Brooks wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Aaron Brooks wrote:

There was a brief overflow during the Lin era when some Lin fans found CF less than hospitable for their brand of fanaticism but even they dissipated as Lin began to bounce from team to team.
All the while CF continued to grow.

Beyond that I'm not sure what to tell you.
Fair or foul CF has tremendous gravity when it comes to Rockets fans online.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,508

Post#12 » by HardenGoat » Sat Jul 2, 2022 3:55 am

Iam a CF poster. Thought it was weird also how dead it is here but you explained it
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#13 » by ken6199 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:26 pm

21-22 shot creators. Look where Wood is.

RealGM loves you, Melissa.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#14 » by K_chile22 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:18 pm

ken6199 wrote:21-22 shot creators. Look where Wood is.

He's a very talented offensive player, he just tried to create for himself way too much last year on a bad team. I'm skeptical of D-LEBRON if it says he's even a slight + there tho
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#15 » by ken6199 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:07 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
ken6199 wrote:21-22 shot creators. Look where Wood is.

Spoiler:

He's a very talented offensive player, he just tried to create for himself way too much last year on a bad team. I'm skeptical of D-LEBRON if it says he's even a slight + there tho

D-LEBRON certainly doesn't look good here with it showing Tatum over Barnes, or OG.

Agree with Wood's issue, part of it is the way we play. If anything O-LEBRON shows Wood is not a creator even if he is a good offensive player.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.

Return to Houston Rockets