Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 8:31 pm

Broyles done for the day. Knee injury. yikes
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Colts @ Lions 

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 9:37 pm

Wow. Had to know it would end that way. Seriously time to start scouting prospects
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 11:00 pm

Good loss for the boys, got to show how great and how crappy we could be and got 1 game closer to a higher pick. This coaching staff is a joke
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ajaX82 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 1:46 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Good loss for the boys, got to show how great and how crappy we could be and got 1 game closer to a higher pick. This coaching staff is a joke

Also very uninspired by the coaching staff currently (and all year really). I'll start a Draft thread
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#7 » by Icness » Mon Dec 3, 2012 2:15 am

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2012/1 ... aftermath/

Left out from that article:
--Suh played his best game of the year. He was great, Fairley had a solid game too.
--the Pettigrew TD catch was fantastic, I thought it was Calvin at first glance.
--Scheffler started strong and then went away, not sure if he was hurt

This team will not get better without adding a lot more functional talent in the defensive backfield. Delmas is hit and miss and oft-injured, really a tough decision on bringing him back. They do not have another NFL-caliber safety on the roster and it's killing the defense. I loathe taking a 1st round safety but IMO they have to take one before Friday of draft weekend ends.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:56 am

You can't let a quarterback lead a comeback running the ball down the field. The Lion's coaching staff is such a embarrassment. How can you have a team with so much talent and suck so bad
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#9 » by Icness » Mon Dec 3, 2012 3:22 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:You can't let a quarterback lead a comeback running the ball down the field. The Lion's coaching staff is such a embarrassment. How can you have a team with so much talent and suck so bad

This one was on the players. There is no excuse for the players being so unaware on that final play, none. They had a chance to make a play and they failed. The defensive call was right; they zone bracketed both Fleener and Wayne and the rush forced Luck to the strong side of the defense. But the players on said strong side failed.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#10 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:24 am

Icness wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:You can't let a quarterback lead a comeback running the ball down the field. The Lion's coaching staff is such a embarrassment. How can you have a team with so much talent and suck so bad

This one was on the players. There is no excuse for the players being so unaware on that final play, none. They had a chance to make a play and they failed. The defensive call was right; they zone bracketed both Fleener and Wayne and the rush forced Luck to the strong side of the defense. But the players on said strong side failed.

Well when your supposed "most dominant" player in Suh gets man handled. that doesn't help. i understand it was on the players, but the offensive possessions prior to Colts gettin the ball was horrendous. I read somewhere we took a total of 6 seconds off the clock!?

We have such a high power offense but can't get a first down when it counts.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ajaX82 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 3:42 am

Broyles tore his other ACL. Such a promising stretch by him too

I fear this year is cursed
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#12 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:06 am

ajaX82 wrote:Broyles tore his other ACL. Such a promising stretch by him too

I fear this year is cursed

That is so effing depressing. Broyles has all the talent to be our legit secondary receiver, and be a good one at that. i hope the injuries don't diminish his career.

Titus Young looks like a lost hope. While i fully expect the lions to give him one more chance, they shouldn't and should just trade or cut him. if it doesn't happen now, it won't happen later, you can't force a person to grow up.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#13 » by Icness » Tue Dec 4, 2012 4:25 pm

Young won't be back. There are stories going around about his situation, here's what I know:

--the Lions approached him last Wed. about his desire to rejoin the team and he wanted nothing to do with it
--either Young himself or (more likely) someone in his camp but not his agent told the Lions they can buy him out right now and he'll go away without causing any more trouble
--the Lions have already begun the process of recovering some of the signing bonus because of his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team

There really is no point in doing anything with him right now. Might as well hold on until draft season and see if anyone will give a 7th round pick for him. FWIW I know Young was "do not draft" status for the Bengals, which is saying something.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#14 » by chrbal » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:08 pm

"Jamaal Tinsley" him and hope for a 7th, expect to cut him after the draft. The Lions need to open up their philosphy. Also why wasn't Robiske active on Sunday? I know hes not amazing, but at least we would've had another body.

I say the last 4 games are tryouts at this point.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#15 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:17 pm

Icness wrote:Young won't be back. There are stories going around about his situation, here's what I know:

--the Lions approached him last Wed. about his desire to rejoin the team and he wanted nothing to do with it
--either Young himself or (more likely) someone in his camp but not his agent told the Lions they can buy him out right now and he'll go away without causing any more trouble
--the Lions have already begun the process of recovering some of the signing bonus because of his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team

There really is no point in doing anything with him right now. Might as well hold on until draft season and see if anyone will give a 7th round pick for him. FWIW I know Young was "do not draft" status for the Bengals, which is saying something.

Damn, what a waste of draft pick and talent. How the hell can mayhew draft a guy that the bengals don't even want because of red flags.

Is a 7th round pick the most we could get? i mean i know he's has character issues but he also is ridiculously talented.

Return to Detroit Lions