ImageImageImageImage

WTF Lomas Brown?

Moderator: theBigLip

ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,191

WTF Lomas Brown? 

Post#1 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

http://deadspin.com/5970802/the-lions-lomas-brown-says-he-deliberately-let-qb-scott-mitchell-get-injured-in-1994

"We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee," Brown said. "We were getting beat, 24-3, at that time and he just stunk up the place. He's throwing interceptions, just everything. So I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center and I said, ‘Glove, that is it.' I said, ‘I'm getting him out the game.' . . . So I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute, he got around me, he hit Scott Mitchell, he did something to his finger . . . and he came out the game. [Lions backup quarterback] Dave Krieg came in the game."

I can understand wanting Krieg to come in for Scott Mitchell, but that is just cold.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Re: WTF Lomas Brown? 

Post#2 » by Icness » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm

It's pretty messed up but that's how guys felt about Mitchell. I'm surprised Lomas was so open about it, maybe trying to get himself more attention.

It's also a sad reminder of just how good those Lions OLs were in the Fontes years :cry:
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 pm

That's pretty messed up. Good ole Lions...
StickAndMove
Junior
And1: 14

Post#4 » by StickAndMove » Tue Mar 5, 2013 5:03 am

I heard Marcellus Wiley talking about this on ESPNLA Radio. He said he'd heard of other guys doing this around the league and was more surprised that Lomas admitted it publicly than that it happened.
Stuckey Stuckey! Five Dolla!
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Mar 5, 2013 6:00 am

StickAndMove wrote:I heard Marcellus Wiley talking about this on ESPNLA Radio. He said he'd heard of other guys doing this around the league and was more surprised that Lomas admitted it publicly than that it happened.

i'm not surprised, you put in all this work battling a guy , that one time gets a move on you and then your b* at by the QB. i'd let someone shut him up too

Return to Detroit Lions