ImageImageImageImage

RB Joique Bell

Moderator: theBigLip

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

RB Joique Bell 

Post#1 » by Piston Pete » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:46 pm

If I'm calling the shots, he's been our best RB, by far, so far.

He's big, shifty, and he's a good receiver.

He's easily our most effective ball carrier (averaging 6.8 yards per carry to Bush's 1.2 ypc). I think he should be our starter with Bush getting the change-of-pace backup and 3rd down duties....as well as time in the slot.

I think with his performance thru all of last season, and all preseason this year, Bell has showed enough to warrant at least getting the shot......much like Arian Foster - who was also once a practice squad guy.

Thoughts?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: RB Joique Bell 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Bush is a better player and deserves to be the starter...he was pretty darn good last night. Bell is a better fit for the third down back and to spell Reggie. They will both play a bunch though.

I think the bigger story is how Leshore is now 3rd string. Our drafts have been terrible aside from a few picks here and there.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#3 » by Piston Pete » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:13 am

I think we'd still play Bush a ton.

1) Change-of-pace backup RB
2) 3rd down RB
3) Snaps with him in the slot
4) Snaps with him lined up out wide
5) Snaps with both him and Bell in the backfield (split backfield)

I mean, at this point, our three best offensive weapons seem to be Calvin, Bush, and Bell. Best way to maximize their time together out on the field would be Bell at RB and Bush playing more at various receiver spots while also backing up Bell. Opposing teams will respect Bush out wide much more than Burleson or Broyles.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#4 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 am

Piston Pete wrote:I think we'd still play Bush a ton.

1) Change-of-pace backup RB
2) 3rd down RB
5) Snaps with both him and Bell in the backfield (split backfield)

I mean, at this point, our three best offensive weapons seem to be Calvin, Bush, and Bell. Best way to maximize their time together out on the field would be Bell at RB and Bush playing more at various receiver spots while also backing up Bell. Opposing teams will respect Bush out wide much more than Burleson or Broyles.

I think the lions should use him in a receivers roll because they have no one else.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:57 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Bush is a better player and deserves to be the starter...he was pretty darn good last night. Bell is a better fit for the third down back and to spell Reggie. They will both play a bunch though.

I think the bigger story is how Leshore is now 3rd string. Our drafts have been terrible aside from a few picks here and there.

Yes, also Bush brings that homerun factor every play that teams have to prepare for. Bell while talented does not. Leshoure has been sh*, but i wouldn't really blame it on drafting him as much as i would the achilles injury. Per reports, he doesn't have the explosiveness or step he had prior to the injury.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#6 » by Piston Pete » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:58 am

I still maintain Bell is our best all-around RB.

Bush is very good in his own way. He's faster and more explosive, and has that homerun factor. But he's not nearly as good of a runner out of the backfield and not as good at picking up the blitz.

Ideally, you'd like both to be on the field as much as possible.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#7 » by Lionlifer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Piston Pete wrote:I still maintain Bell is our best all-around RB.

Bush is very good in his own way. He's faster and more explosive, and has that homerun factor. But he's not nearly as good of a runner out of the backfield and not as good at picking up the blitz.

Ideally, you'd like both to be on the field as much as possible.

Bring on the wishbone two back offense, lets go! Best players on the field at the same time, I likey.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!

Return to Detroit Lions