ImageImageImageImage

DHANI JONES

Moderator: theBigLip

SweetV
Sophomore
And1: 1

DHANI JONES 

Post#1 » by SweetV » Tue May 1, 2007 4:04 am

The lions should sign Dhani Jones... He was just released from philly and i think he would be a good pick up for the right price.

what do u guys think :clap: :clap:
R.I.P. Blade Icewood
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#2 » by GJense4181 » Tue May 1, 2007 5:02 am

Any linebacker addition is a good one at this point.
Especially one that went to U of M.
I'm sold.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#3 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 1, 2007 2:48 pm

As long as the price is right I'd say go get him.
Vinnie's Microwave
Senior

Post#4 » by Vinnie's Microwave » Tue May 1, 2007 4:00 pm

I have serious reservations about the Lions defense. I do not want to kick a dead horse, but our defense will be brutal this year. If he will help us not give up 40 points a game - I say go for it. What are we going to do about a MLB? Lennon is not going to get it done. I heard a rumor yesterday about Zach Thomas - gimme a break. Maybe 10 years ago.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#5 » by ajaX82 » Tue May 1, 2007 5:07 pm

PistonFan4Life wrote:As long as the price is right I'd say go get him.

yup yup, sign him to a cheap deal and let him compete
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#6 » by PistonFan4Life » Tue May 1, 2007 5:15 pm

Vinnie's Microwave wrote:I have serious reservations about the Lions defense. I do not want to kick a dead horse, but our defense will be brutal this year. If he will help us not give up 40 points a game - I say go for it. What are we going to do about a MLB? Lennon is not going to get it done. I heard a rumor yesterday about Zach Thomas - gimme a break. Maybe 10 years ago.

I agree that our defense will struggle this year, but I think the biggest struggle will be in the secondary with all the DBs. I know we drafted a couple guys to compete, but Fernando Bryant is the main guy in the secondary right now, that means any team that wants to play long ball against us is probably going to rack up some points. I however think our short pass and run defense will be a lot better than people think. If Lehman comes back, we also have Sims and Bailey to throw in at LB. Then we have White, Cody, Rogers and Redding on the DL, I know 3 of them are DTs but someone will probably be moved to the DE spot and then the front 7 looks pretty decent, or so it seems at this point.
Vinnie's Microwave
Senior

Post#7 » by Vinnie's Microwave » Tue May 1, 2007 9:41 pm

PistonFan4Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree that our defense will struggle this year, but I think the biggest struggle will be in the secondary with all the DBs. I know we drafted a couple guys to compete, but Fernando Bryant is the main guy in the secondary right now, that means any team that wants to play long ball against us is probably going to rack up some points. I however think our short pass and run defense will be a lot better than people think. If Lehman comes back, we also have Sims and Bailey to throw in at LB. Then we have White, Cody, Rogers and Redding on the DL, I know 3 of them are DTs but someone will probably be moved to the DE spot and then the front 7 looks pretty decent, or so it seems at this point.

Did anyone listen to 1130 am this afternoon about 4:00 pm? Millen was on with Stoney and Wojo - what an idiot. He was backpeddling when it came to the MLB position. I am sorry guys - I need to take a day or so break from the Lions - I get so worked up and frustrated it drives me crazy. He said that "he heard" that people were trying to get G. Alexander - I guess that is why he threw away some picks to move up and get him. You mortgage the Lions future on something that you "heard" - gonna bust a vein. :banghead:

Return to Detroit Lions