ImageImage

Bears Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,880

Re: Bears Lead Up 

Post#61 » by RubberSoul » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:50 pm

I still have no idea what MLF’s plan was with Love against KC last year. Completely unprepared for KC’s blitz heavy scheme. That was the game that made me start to wonder that MLF isn’t the answer as far as scheme/playcalling. Too many times it looks like there is literally no plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#62 » by Daver » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:48 pm

sdn40 wrote:This offense is supposed to scheme guys open. Allegedly. Also, what genius designs an offense where 90% of the plays have one receiver (Adams) as the first read, and the backup plan is to curl up in a ball and die a slow death ?

All we here from MLF apoligize after big losses for not getting guys open geez seems like hes saying that after every loss
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#63 » by sdn40 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:52 pm

Daver wrote:
sdn40 wrote:This offense is supposed to scheme guys open. Allegedly. Also, what genius designs an offense where 90% of the plays have one receiver (Adams) as the first read, and the backup plan is to curl up in a ball and die a slow death ?

All we here from MLF apoligize after big losses for not getting guys open geez seems like hes saying that after every loss

And apparently he can't count very well because he is constantly talking about getting Jones more touches. Is it that hard to keep track of ? I've offered to shock his nuts with a taser to remind him, but he won't take my calls
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by Daver » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:53 pm

RubberSoul wrote:I still have no idea what MLF’s plan was with Love against KC last year. Completely unprepared for KC’s blitz heavy scheme. That was the game that made me start to wonder that MLF isn’t the answer as far as scheme/playcalling. Too many times it looks like there is literally no plan.

And he seems to be outcoached alot by the opponents D coordinator who will make his adjustments on MLF yet MLF cant make any adjustments toward the D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by Daver » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:56 pm

sdn40 wrote:
Daver wrote:

And apparently he can't count very well because he is constantly talking about getting Jones more touches. Is it that hard to keep track of ? I've offered to shock his nuts with a taser to remind him, but he won't take my calls

Thqt by itself is a massive headscratcher almost as big as the one he made starting turner at LT against the niners.WTF was that.You have the best tandem of running backs in the NFL n jones only gets 8 carries he should get 20 touches minimum dillon 15 every game
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#66 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:20 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:When it works it's the coach. When it fails it's the QB. Thank God Love wasn't thrown into the fire this year.

The OL in 2020 was uber elite. That's the difference.

People are seriously overlooking how bad the receiving group is this year.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

The oline is def a massive problem. But it’s not the only one as when that passing game was really cooking, a lot of what we did was throwing short, schemed for yac. Iirc. Still requires good oline play, but its not like Rodgers needed a lot of time to throw.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,243

Post#67 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:24 am

Play calling/offensive scheme, QB play, OL, receivers, they are all important. Blaming any one of them, especially only the coach, is simplistic.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#68 » by RRyder823 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:15 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:LaFleur is definitely a good play designer and I think, in general, a good play caller. But Rodgers has to be one of the toughest QBs to play call for because he doesn't always follow the reads or make the throws he's supposed to. He'll give up on a play too quickly sometimes, especially when he's skittish because of the offensive line.

What I think I see is, starting last year, the passing game/offense looks more like it did under MM. It HAS to be Rodgers.

I think year 1 under MLF there was some dysfunction/adjustment period, year 2 Rodgers bought in and the O hummed, and year 3 we saw a reversion to Rodgers’ old ways. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I thought that was pretty obvious when it reverts back to that and away from the motion we saw the year before after Rodgers made a stink about wanting a say in the gameplan

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#69 » by TroyD92 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:09 am

There’s so much nuance in football I have a hard time putting too much blame a single entity unless it’s become a major pattern (mm being an idiot for example)
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Green Bay Packers