Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,098

Re: Packers News, Transactions, Trades 

Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:22 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Last year 9 Right Tackles took home more than a single center in cash. If you go by APY instead of Yearly cash than 13 Right Tackles make more than the highest center. The highest paid centers don't even come close to making top 5 Right Tackle money which is what Zach Tom would want & deserve

Who's being paid more? The guy with one year and $14 million guaranteed? Or the guy being paid $41 million guaranteed over three years?

That's why I used both yearly cash & APY, neither of which puts the highest paid center anywhere near Right Tackle money.

Two numbers that don't mean anything!

I beg you, just look at guaranteed money. Look at what the practical value of a contract is. That's all that matters.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,086

Post#22 » by MVP2110 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Who's being paid more? The guy with one year and $14 million guaranteed? Or the guy being paid $41 million guaranteed over three years?

That's why I used both yearly cash & APY, neither of which puts the highest paid center anywhere near Right Tackle money.

I beg you, just look at guaranteed money. Look at what the practical value of a contract is. That's all that matters.

That's just not true in the slightest. Nobody looks at the Xavier McKinney contract and thinks he's only getting $23 million. The $17 million APY is a much more accurate depiction. Looking only at guarentees ignores so much about a contract and how much cash that player is actually receiving.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

That's just not true in the slightest. Nobody looks at the Xavier McKinney contract and thinks he's only getting $23 million. The $17 million APY is a much more accurate depiction. Looking only at guarentees ignores so much about a contract and how much cash that player is actually receiving.

Please, again, look at the PRACTICAL value of the contract.

Ryan Ramczyk isn't getting $96 million. That's a fake number. His practical number is $60.2 million. Ramczyk is going to be cut or have to restructure before that contract is up.

In McKinney's case, yes, that $23 million is actually the number to pay attention to because the Packers as an organization don't guarantee cash after their first year. If McKinney gets hurt or his play declines, $23 million is what he's taking home.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by MVP2110 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Ryan Ramczyk isn't getting $96 million. That's a fake number. His practical number is $60.2 million. Ramczyk is going to be cut or have to restructure before that contract is up.

In McKinney's case, yes, that $23 million is actually the number to pay attention to because the Packers as an organization don't guarantee cash after their first year. If McKinney gets hurt or his play declines, $23 million is what he's taking home.

McKinney is literally going to take more home than that this year alone so that 23 million doesn't mean much. If he's a total bust that's all Green Bay owes but if he's anywhere close to what they are expecting then he'll make we'll north of $23 million. It's all about how much cash the player is taking home, in McKinney's case that's likely alot more than $23 million
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:59 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

McKinney is literally going to take more home than that this year alone so that 23 million doesn't mean much. If he's a total bust that's all Green Bay owes but if he's anywhere close to what they are expecting then he'll make we'll north of $23 million. It's all about how much cash the player is taking home, in McKinney's case that's likely alot more than $23 million

That did it. This broke my brain.

I'm bowing out. I regret everything. :peace:
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,692

Post#26 » by chonestown » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:18 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm bowing out. I regret everything. :peace:

Point being Tom COULD become a Hall of Fame center but it comes down to how much he wants it. Take care of performance and the pay will follow case clothed.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,768

Post#27 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Not bad as emergency depth.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 pm

Hopefully he doesn't have to play

Read on Twitter
?t=yIAAgLBrPRID_ji_EJmw-Q&s=19
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#30 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Not bad as emergency depth.

I love the comments saying they are praying for Jordan Love because of this as if Dillard is suddenly our starting tackle lol.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 pm

The Packers only had 2 OTs on their roster who have actually taken snaps at the NFL level so it makes sense to want to add depth. And one of those is Zach Tom who may or may not be a tackle next year. I don't think Dillard is any good but a swing tackle who has actually played in the NFL is a fine depth move. Hopefully he's competing with Caleb Jones for the OT4 spot in camp
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#32 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Hopefully he's competing with Caleb Jones for the OT4 spot in camp

And Luke Tenuta! I still think they like him and hope he can come back from injury to compete for a spot on the 53.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Hopefully he's competing with Caleb Jones for the OT4 spot in camp

And Luke Tenuta! I still think they like him and hope he can come back from injury to compete for a spot on the 53.

Good call. The Packers kept Tenuta on their initial 53 last year in order to IR him and keep him with the team. They redshirted Caleb Jones two years in a row now. Seems the Packers liked both players decently enough. Will be a fun camp battle to track
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#34 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm

Does Dillard have any experience at guard? Maybe Butkus and Steno can add him to the RG competition in addition to tackle.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Does Dillard have any experience at guard? Maybe Butkus and Steno can add him to the RG competition in addition to tackle.

He does have a little experience at both guard spots but has played a large majority of his NFL snaps at Left Tackle

Left tackle - 1,179
Left guard - 22
Right guard - 11
Right tackle - 34
Sixth lineman - 29

https://atozsports.com/green-bay/packers-sign-offensive-tackle-andre-dillard/
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,949

Post#36 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm

Small chance he's a fun little reclamation project given how highly regarded he once was but more than likely just a flier. Either way he'll have to earn a spot on the team so nothing to get too worried or overly excited about.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,949

Post#37 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 pm

It does seem like he was okay with the Eagles, missed his 2nd year in 2020 with a torn biceps and then just underwhelming based on how high he was drafted. The Titans thought enough of him to give him 3 years/$29 million with $13 million guaranteed last offseason and he was bad enough last year to get outright released.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#38 » by MoMM » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm

Maybe RT and move Tom to Center?
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,856

Post#39 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 pm

MoMM wrote:Maybe RT and move Tom to Center?

I believe that most of us consider this to be the obvious pathway forward.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#40 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm

MoMM wrote:Maybe RT and move Tom to Center?

I think it gives us a load of flexibility in this draft. If you get a tackle you love, move Tom to C, try Myers at G. If you get a center you love, let Myers fight it out with Rhyan. Or draft one of the maulers at G.

Wait until after the draft to decide

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to Green Bay Packers