WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Re: Packers News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Amari, Hill released 

Post#1661 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:36 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
This isn't college football. It doesn't matter, at all.

The hell it doesn’t! It was our most important games as kid. As we were on an endless cycle of trying to tank for a better pick. I remember that time and it wasn’t pretty. It matters as many, many Bears fans are obnoxious. It matters that we now hold the series lead. It matters that we have more Super Bowls. It definitely still matters. I get that I may not for some, especially if you live out of state and don’t know any Bears fans. To think it doesn’t matter is false. Remember the Packer players reaction after winning the last game? Tell them it doesn’t matter too. Because they don’t react like after ever win and interact with fans like that.

Only thing that matters is Super Bowls. Things like you’re talking about can be fun for pride, but at the end of the day, championships talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super bowls don't really 'matter' either. This **** is entertainment not solving world hunger. So whatever an individual finds entertaining is what matters to them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
th87
RealGM
And1: 9,831

Post#1662 » by th87 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:21 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:This wishing the Packers lost or even hoping to lose to the BEARS makes me sick. Makes me question how much of fan you truly are and reminds me how spoiled of fan base we’ve become with Farve and Rodgers. Where was Tony Mandarich picked? 2nd overall. Oh and how many HOFers were picked after him? Interesting, very interesting.

It makes me question whether you care about the long-term success of the team.

One of the first goals for the Packers to have a successful season in the past, now and in the future is beating their biggest and longtime rival the Bears.

No, this was a petty goal in the 80s. The Bears are completely irrelevant to us now.

We should care about SBs only, and if we can't get one this year, immediately figure out how to get one ASAP.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#1663 » by LittleRooster » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:13 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
The hell it doesn’t! It was our most important games as kid. As we were on an endless cycle of trying to tank for a better pick. I remember that time and it wasn’t pretty. It matters as many, many Bears fans are obnoxious. It matters that we now hold the series lead. It matters that we have more Super Bowls. It definitely still matters. I get that I may not for some, especially if you live out of state and don’t know any Bears fans. To think it doesn’t matter is false. Remember the Packer players reaction after winning the last game? Tell them it doesn’t matter too. Because they don’t react like after ever win and interact with fans like that.

Only thing that matters is Super Bowls. Things like you’re talking about can be fun for pride, but at the end of the day, championships talk

Super bowls don't really 'matter' either. This **** is entertainment not solving world hunger. So whatever an individual finds entertaining is what matters to them.

I mean, yes, they don’t matter in the grand scheme of things but we’re sports fans on a message board.

The bucks winning the championship was a million times more enjoyable than a random win against the bulls. Same with the 2010 Super Bowl vs any other bear defeat (except the 10 nfc championship).

So, yes, my goals as a fan for my teams are higher than a bucks win on a random Tuesday in January or a packers win in October. Are they fun in the moment? Yes. Do I enjoy the overall journey towards a championship? Also yes. But the point is they should be building towards the ultimate goal—a championship

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1664 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:45 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Only thing that matters is Super Bowls. Things like you’re talking about can be fun for pride, but at the end of the day, championships talk

I mean, yes, they don’t matter in the grand scheme of things but we’re sports fans on a message board.

The bucks winning the championship was a million times more enjoyable than a random win against the bulls. Same with the 2010 Super Bowl vs any other bear defeat (except the 10 nfc championship).

So, yes, my goals as a fan for my teams are higher than a bucks win on a random Tuesday in January or a packers win in October. Are they fun in the moment? Yes. Do I enjoy the overall journey towards a championship? Also yes. But the point is they should be building towards the ultimate goal—a championship

I just don't like telling people how to be a fan, I've also stopped being all championship or bust in sports because I realized like 99% of the time it just leads to disappointment. Why spend time on something that will just disappoint me 99% of the time.

Bears rivalry matters to him so that's cool, it's just entertainment so open for personal taste.

Like personally Ive never really cared about the bears rivalry as much as most packer fans. I grew up near Minneapolis and my dad and brother are Viking fans. That's the rivalry that matters way more to me.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#1665 » by LittleRooster » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:25 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Super bowls don't really 'matter' either. This **** is entertainment not solving world hunger. So whatever an individual finds entertaining is what matters to them.

I just don't like telling people how to be a fan, I've also stopped being all championship or bust in sports because I realized like 99% of the time it just leads to disappointment. Why spend time on something that will just disappoint me 99% of the time.

Bears rivalry matters to him so that's cool, it's just entertainment so open for personal taste.

Like personally Ive never really cared about the bears rivalry as much as most packer fans. I grew up near Minneapolis and my dad and brother are Viking fans. That's the rivalry that matters way more to me.

That’s fair. I was probably doing that. For that I apologize

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1666 » by MoMM » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:03 am

Mags FTW wrote:Bengals went 19-28 the three years prior to the 2-14 year which netted them Burrow. So they essentially went from bad to really bad.

We also shouldn't forget that Burrow tore his ACL his rookie year. If he didn't, they probably pick up 1-2 extra wins and don't get to pick Chase 5th the following draft.

Yes, they needed to draft a top duo (QB + WR), but we already have this top QB, so we just need other weapon and a good DC to be a contender again, IMO.

Just imagine if we draft a WR1 in the next draft and we also have Watson and Doubs as WR2 and WR3 (assuming they will improve next year), our current RB duo and a average TE. That's unstoppable.
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#1667 » by LittleRooster » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=12

ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,619

Post#1668 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:45 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=12

Amari is not bad, he will be a pro bowler. Seems to be the worst of culture mismatches with him on the packers.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1669 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:56 pm

TJ Lang weighs in

Read on Twitter
?t=NgHUgKE60b0G4wNAeDCngA&s=19

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1670 » by DrWood » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:29 am

Giannisland34 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
One of the first goals for the Packers to have a successful season in the past, now and in the future is beating their biggest and longtime rival the Bears.

This isn't college football. It doesn't matter, at all.

I'll grant that it might be important for a kid.
For a wisely run team, once you aren't in the playoffs you should be tanking. You can even use it to develop and evaluate your younger players.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#1671 » by DrWood » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:40 am

Giannisland34 wrote:Here’s a list of the most recent top 10 picks the Packers have had. 2009 /9th BJ Raji, 2006 /5th AJ Hawk, 2001 /10th Jamal Reynolds,1992 /5th Terrell Buckley, 1989/ 2nd Tony Mandarich. Not a very impressive list to say the least. Rodgers was picked 24th, Kenny Clark 27th, Jaire 18th and Gary 12th as some other notable 1st rounders.

Let's assume you have no faith in the front office's ability to make a high pick.
If you don't feel the team has a good chance to pick the right guy, you trade down.
For example, based on the value chart, trading the 3rd overall to DET, you could get the 15th, 46th, 61st and the 174th picks.
Then you could trade the 15th plus the 174th to HOU for #32, #64, and #75.
So for your #3, you'd get the #32, #46, #61, #64, and #75.
And you'd have your own #34, #66, and #98 (plus later picks) too.
Draft order matters.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#1672 » by Treebeard » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:48 am

It's not just the first round too, on picking order, it's every round. Picking earlier does give you more choices. It's how well you do on making your selections.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#1673 » by DrWood » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:12 am

If we lost to the bears, and lose to the rams, there would only be one team in the league with a worse record.
{sniffle}
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,367

Post#1674 » by Mags FTW » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:59 am

DrWood wrote:If we lost to the bears, and lose to the rams, there would only be one team in the league with a worse record.
{sniffle}

If we beat the Giants and Washington, we'd be in the driver's seat for a playoff birth.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#1675 » by MoMM » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:03 am

Amari has 95 yards (0 TD) with us in 26 games and 83 (1 TD) with Houston in 3 games.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#1676 » by Treebeard » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:54 pm

MoMM wrote:Amari has 95 yards (0 TD) with us in 26 games and 83 (1 TD) with Houston in 3 games.

His tenure here will always be measured by his mis-adventures as punt returner. The rest was bare journeyman work here. On a terrible Houston team, he has another chance.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,443

Post#1677 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Finally gotten around to reading the hand signals article and damn, you can easily see how young WRs would get lost.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,320

Post#1678 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:51 pm

PFF O-line rankings has the Packers as the 2nd best in football entering Week 15 and allowing the 3rd lowest pressure rate. For all the early season hand-wringing over shuffling guys around, they've been awesome. It's pretty obvious where the problems have been on offense this year.

*whispers in coaching and QB play*
MoMM
RealGM

Post#1679 » by MoMM » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:PFF O-line rankings has the Packers as the 2nd best in football entering Week 15 and allowing the 3rd lowest pressure rate. For all the early season hand-wringing over shuffling guys around, they've been awesome. It's pretty obvious where the problems have been on offense this year.

No lack of TE and WR (until 4 games ago)?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,320

Post#1680 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:56 pm

MoMM wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:PFF O-line rankings has the Packers as the 2nd best in football entering Week 15 and allowing the 3rd lowest pressure rate. For all the early season hand-wringing over shuffling guys around, they've been awesome. It's pretty obvious where the problems have been on offense this year.

No lack of TE and WR (until 4 games ago)?

Other than Watson being hurt and missing Weeks 6-7, I'm not sure what you're referencing here.

Return to Green Bay Packers