ImageImage

Giants Lead up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Re: Giants Lead up 

Post#21 » by neiLz » Mon Oct 3, 2022 8:16 pm

At the game yesterday, met a pats fan from Ireland. Said football will never be bigger than futbol but it's still big in the UK. He said so many people are coming around to it and the big reason is gambling. Soccer spreads always end in pushes and with the NFL they give that .5 point. He said there's so many people converting to football for the gambling .
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#22 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 3, 2022 8:36 pm

Yeah, London would easily support a team. It might be a bit like a vegas situation with people coming from all over to watch, but no doubt in my mind they would sell out every week.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,250

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 3, 2022 9:01 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,207

Post#24 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 9:13 pm

neiLz wrote:At the game yesterday, met a pats fan from Ireland. Said football will never be bigger than futbol but it's still big in the UK. He said so many people are coming around to it and the big reason is gambling. Soccer spreads always end in pushes and with the NFL they give that .5 point. He said there's so many people converting to football for the gambling .

That's a big part of the appeal here as well so I'd expect it to continue growing

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#25 » by LittleRooster » Mon Oct 3, 2022 9:22 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:I’ll be at the game! Leaving for London on Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How'd you score tix? I heard they sold out in 10 minutes.

Secondary market on stubhub. Never paid more for a sporting event in my life lol but it’s one of the reasons my buddy and I are going, so we both were like **** it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#26 » by CWoodfan » Mon Oct 3, 2022 10:39 pm

Giants have the NFL's leading rusher in Saquon Barkley.

Giants starting QB Daniel Jones sprained his ankle and, if he plays, will be far less mobile than normal. Jones is not a good passer and he has few targets for the Pack to be concerned about.

Backup QB Tyrod Taylor came in and sustained a concussion. Given that the teams fly to London on Thursday and the Tua firestorm, there is no chance Taylor plays.

Thus, everything points to the Giants pounding the ball with Barkley on the ground.

With that said, I look forward to Joe Barry playing nickel all game again and keeping a mediocre Giants team in the game just like he did with something called Bailey Zappe at QB for New England yesterday.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#27 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:15 am

7th in points allowed, 5th in total yards allowed. 3rd in passing yards allowed. 6th in sacks. Final 3 NE drives, 15 total yards. Yes the run defense needs to be shored up but overall this defense has been very good.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#28 » by TroyD92 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:36 am

Thought rodgers mentioned something interesting about the offense letting the defense down. They want to put points up early and make teams more one dimensional.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#29 » by PintSizedBox10 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 12:24 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:7th in points allowed, 5th in total yards allowed. 3rd in passing yards allowed. 6th in sacks. Final 3 NE drives, 15 total yards. Yes the run defense needs to be shored up but overall this defense has been very good.

They've been solid. They've also been fortunate to play some truly terrible offensive teams.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#30 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:26 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow....what a noble idea. Exactly what most fans have said since day 1, but what do we know?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:31 pm

Profound23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow....what a noble idea. Exactly what most fans have said since day 1, but what do we know?

By Day 1 do you mean the beginning of the season? Yosh played 100% of the LT snaps against the Vikings and Bears. "Day 1" is really now since Yosh was needed at LT until/if Bakhtiari was ready to play FT. Now that it appears as if he is indeed ready to resume full time LT Yosh can be moved.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,326

Post#32 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:46 pm

Jenkins was really good at LT last season as well, so yeah, this isn't really a "better late than never" situation and more of a "we finally have all our guys healthy so this makes sense now" situation...
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#33 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 4, 2022 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,412

Post#34 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 5, 2022 12:15 am

neiLz wrote:Going to be In door county for the weekend . Anyone know of a good spot to watch the game?

Husbys for sure. Best place in Door to watch football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#35 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 12:49 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

By Day 1 do you mean the beginning of the season? Yosh played 100% of the LT snaps against the Vikings and Bears. "Day 1" is really now since Yosh was needed at LT until/if Bakhtiari was ready to play FT. Now that it appears as if he is indeed ready to resume full time LT Yosh can be moved.

I'm still salty we started Billy Turner over Yosh in the playoffs. Yosh held down the fort all season long and they decided to play Turner at LT knowing that he stinks at that position.

But yeah when they are all healthy it is a no-brainer to play David at LT, Jenkins at left guard, and Yosh at RT. Jenkins still doesn't look 100% anyways, he is struggling at RT.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,639

Post#36 » by LikeABosh » Wed Oct 5, 2022 1:44 am

Profound23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I'm still salty we started Billy Turner over Yosh in the playoffs. Yosh held down the fort all season long and they decided to play Turner at LT knowing that he stinks at that position.

But yeah when they are all healthy it is a no-brainer to play David at LT, Jenkins at left guard, and Yosh at RT. Jenkins still doesn't look 100% anyways, he is struggling at RT.

Turner starting made sense. Kelly or whatever his name is starting made no sense. Should've been Yosh at LT and Turner at RT
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#38 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:54 pm

Christian Watson has had a slow start to his rookie season, something Aaron Rodgers has seen before.

"Look, I tell you, he's got special speed. He really does. He's got incredible stride length," Rodgers said on The Pat McAfee Show.

"When you watch some of the film back, it's similar to watching Davante [Adams] his rookie year. You know there were games where I didn't give Davante a ton of looks, but you go back and watch the film, and you're thinking, 'Man, this guy is open often.' It's like that from time to time with Christian. There's a few routes, I mean not as much as Davante, I just think Davante was a little more polished route-runner as a rookie, but there are a few times where I might need to give him a second look even when things don't look great from the start because he does have that different type of speed. But we're finding ways to use him, I think, and again, we have to have patience."

Watson has six catches for 51 yards and a rushing score in three games played.

Adams had 12 games as a rookie in which he caught two or fewer passes.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 6, 2022 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Green Bay Packers