Game 7: Vikings at Packers - 10/29 - Noon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,298

Re: Game 7: Vikings at Packers - 10/29 - Noon 

Post#281 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 am

What is going on here with the Love defenders? I was high as hell on him coming into the season but it's obvious that he's the single biggest reason this team sucks. Blame Gute for taking him, blame MLF for not coaching him well enough, but regardless, Love has been a bucket of ass. An average QB has the Packers in the North hunt. Thank god Love is much, much worse. The Packers can't **** around. This is a good draft to replace him.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#282 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 am

ReasonablySober wrote:What is going on here with the Love defenders? I was high as hell on him coming into the season but it's obvious that he's the single biggest reason this team sucks. Blame Gute for taking him, blame MLF for not coaching him well enough, but regardless, Love has been a bucket of ass. An average QB has the Packers in the North hunt. Thank god Love is much, much worse. The Packers can't **** around. This is a good draft to replace him.

Seriously. And it's not like Love is a rookie. Sure, it's his first year as a starter. But he has 3 years of NFL camps, practices, film study. Not to mention learning from/watching a Hall of Fame QB.

I don't normally give up on a guy this soon, but it's pretty clear that Love just doesn't have "it".
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#283 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:22 am

Love misses too many easy throws to be great. The margin for error in the big games against good teams is too slim to leave plays on the field.

Maybe he's ok with a better cast around him but so far he doesn't look like the dude you go forward with to me.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,396

Post#284 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 am

Even if Love looks like 110% pure ass after a full season.

I am terrified that MLF doesn't get fired and we end up with a top #5 pick and then pass on drafting a franchise QB as MLF pounds the podium while proclaiming that Love is still his guy and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron who doesn't know football.

Then in 2 years after back to back 3-14 seasons, MLF and Love are both out of the league and finally we clean house in 2026 when we should have done it in 2024.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,396

Post#285 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:27 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:What is going on here with the Love defenders? I was high as hell on him coming into the season but it's obvious that he's the single biggest reason this team sucks. Blame Gute for taking him, blame MLF for not coaching him well enough, but regardless, Love has been a bucket of ass. An average QB has the Packers in the North hunt. Thank god Love is much, much worse. The Packers can't **** around. This is a good draft to replace him.

Seriously. And it's not like Love is a rookie. Sure, it's his first year as a starter. But he has 3 years of NFL camps, practices, film study. Not to mention learning from/watching a Hall of Fame QB.

I don't normally give up on a guy this soon, but it's pretty clear that Love just doesn't have "it".

To me Love looks like a textbook example of a guy who has the physical tools to be an NFL QB. But when it comes to the mental ability and the instincts that it takes to be an NFL QB, Love has no chance.

I didn't know much about Love back in 2020 because I don't really pay much attention to college football. But now after watching him under a microscope for 7 games as the starter. I actually find it hysterical that Gute/the Packers invested this much into a guy who jumps out at you as mediocre back up.

No way does an even somewhat competent NFL gm who did their homework use a 1st round pick on this guy.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,298

Post#286 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:32 am

rilamann wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

To me Love looks like a textbook example of a guy who has the physical tools to be an NFL QB. But when it comes to the mental ability and the instincts that it takes to be an NFL QB, Love has no chance.

I didn't know much about Love back in 2020 because I don't really pay much attention to college football. But now after watching him under a microscope for 7 games as the starter. I actually find it hysterical that Gute/the Packers invested this much into a guy who jumps out at you as mediocre back up.

No way does an even somewhat competent NFL gm who did their homework use a 1st round pick on this guy.

I'd hate to think of what you'd do with John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,638

Post#287 » by LikeABosh » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:50 am

Yeah, I'm all for being patient, but I'd like to see improvement. I haven't seen anything of the sort and I don't think I need to see another season of this just to be sure. The tank is on hopefully
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#288 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:27 am

Can Gute admit his mistake and draft a QB high ?

Even if he can we could still draft a bust. Lance, Trubisky, Zach and many more.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,729

Post#289 » by JayMKE » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:42 am

Love being a bust should get these guys tarred feathered and chased out of town let alone fired. I don’t have any confidence MLF or Gute’s talent evaluation abilities, giving them another bite at the apple would be a mistake.
FREE GIANNIS
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Post#290 » by RiotPunch » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:46 am

Glad I didn't bother making the time to watch this one. One more in the L column, baby. Start packing those bags, LaFleur (and hopefully Gute).
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#291 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:31 am

rilamann wrote:I didn't know much about Love back in 2020 because I don't really pay much attention to college football. But now after watching him under a microscope for 7 games as the starter. I actually find it hysterical that Gute/the Packers invested this much into a guy who jumps out at you as mediocre back up.

And you are watching an improved Love, after 3 years of NFL, imagine how he was in college...
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#292 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:23 am

MoMM wrote:
rilamann wrote:I didn't know much about Love back in 2020 because I don't really pay much attention to college football. But now after watching him under a microscope for 7 games as the starter. I actually find it hysterical that Gute/the Packers invested this much into a guy who jumps out at you as mediocre back up.

And you are watching an improved Love, after 3 years of NFL, imagine how he was in college...

He was awful. Like, I don't even know how the hell he was picked before round 4 or 5. He had one good year with a very good supporting cast and a bottom 10% strength of schedule and then was a disaster his junior year. Worse than the worst version of Mertz. In the Mountain West. A few apologists said they had injury issues and had lost some seniors, but how the hell do you play that bad in that conference in your 3rd year as a starter if you really deserve to be picked in the top 3 rounds, let alone in the 1st round? It's like Jabari being benched against Mercer in the NCAA tournament and everyone still acting like that's not the reddest and biggest of big red flags.

Utah State sucked during the covid year, but was right back to 11-3 a year later. I'm pretty skeptical of any excuses for his junior year. Again, it's the friggin' MWC. This was clearly just a guy with physical tools and no actually ability to throw accurately. He stinks. I bought in for the first few games, but those were clearly flukes.

And everyone is right, this is the end for MLF and Gute. I needed to see what Love had before passing judgment on them, but this is it. Combined with the unfathomable Deguara and Dillon picks, and sticking with Amari Rodgers so long, this tips the scales decidedly against them.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,376

Post#293 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:57 pm

Milwaukee Journal has two pieces this morning. First is saying the packers should trade for immediate offensive help for Love, versus tanking. The other telling us Jordan Love isn’t the problem.

I trust this board more.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#294 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:20 pm

Well sure if you can find a quality OL that will be around for awhile, beyond this season, that's fine. But we don't need someone who's aging or with a huge contract as a stop gap for the last 10 games. Contenders make those moves, not us. Preston had a really good game yesterday. Get what you can for him. I'd trade Jones and/or Dillon too but they really have no value.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#295 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Meh, I guess I'm still in camp optimist on Love. The rest of the team around him is so awful it's hard to accurately judge the guy.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Post#296 » by MVP2110 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=ldRUT4zGDX94nsE-ipcTlQ&s=19

For a team with a horrible Head Coach, an awful QB, terrible weapons, and a horrid OL it's pretty impressive they aren't even bottom 10 this year
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 246

Post#297 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:09 pm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/hh2dZv91RV">pic.twitter.com/hh2dZv91RV</a></p>&mdash; CheeseheadTV (@cheeseheadtv) <a href="
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

check out all these passes Jordan Love dropped yesterday.

The supporting cast is azz. I'm not here to blow Jordan Love - he has been anything but perfect, but at some point another player has to make a play, and it just ain't happening
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#298 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:So I guess trading up and drafting Love wasn't a great idea after all. Who knew??

As long as the 3 Stooges (Murph/Gute/MLF) are still running things, Love is going to have the longest leash ever. If he isn't out there playing, then they're admitting they **** up the whole Love/Rodgers situation, and that ain't gonna happen.

All three guys need to be gone at season's end. I don't want their stench on the next draft. They'd probably pass up on Caleb Williams because they have Love.

I am not going to get hung up on a bad late first pick, if anything I am glad they had the balls/autonomy to make a controversial pick if they thought it was the best for the franchise. We were in great spots to win it all but couldn’t execute and now we are paying the price for going all in.

It was always going to be a down year and we are eating lots of cap with a very young team. We are in a huge mess now and it needs to be cleaned up but that has always been the plan. I am super disappointed with MLF and Love has been bad, not sure who should get the most blame. I do believe in our front office though, we have been competitive for 30 years and this is the first big tear down.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#299 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:28 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/hh2dZv91RV">pic.twitter.com/hh2dZv91RV</a></p>&mdash; CheeseheadTV (@cheeseheadtv) <a href="
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

check out all these passes Jordan Love dropped yesterday.

The supporting cast is azz. I'm not here to blow Jordan Love - he has been anything but perfect, but at some point another player has to make a play, and it just ain't happening

Really bad, you can't have this amount of dropped balls.

Does anyone know how we rank in terms of dropped passes and % of drops?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,177

Post#300 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:40 pm

Well for one, that first pass to Musgrave was awful and clearly on Love lol. But yes, two things can be true here:

1) The deep-ball accuracy is uh.....yikes. Maybe fixable, maybe not.

2) This is probably the worst situation any 1st-year QB has been thrust into since 2021 Trevor Lawrence. Youngest and cheapest offense in the league by a landslide (drops, terrible route-running). And the only projected strengths of this unit (run-game, O-line) have cratered because of piss-poor execution (coaching AND personnel) as well as injuries.

All the predictions of us still being a middling, fringe playoff contender were hinging on the latter point being mitigated by creative play-calling, Jones being relatively healthy, and our historically reliable trench-game. Those simply haven't happened as Love has struggled.

Return to Green Bay Packers