ImageImage

2021 Fantasy Football

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,191
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: 2021 Fantasy Football 

Post#41 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:help, which of these guys do I bench this week? I need to play 3 out of the 4.

Mike Evans
Antonio Brown
Robert Woods
Tyler Lockett

Evans lol....sorry saw this too late. Did you decide already?

If you already started Evans and Brown I would probably sit Woods thinking they will run most of the game and Woods had his game last week (when I faced him) so this is Kupp's turn.

On a side note, I picked up Herbert as a "give it a try" pick after Montgomery went down and he went unclaimed. Now I have to play him vs GB along with Davante and Aaron. I should get some points from at least 2 of those.

We have actually been ok vs the run but I have to start him.

I did not make the correct decision but I still won. :D

Having a tough time with my FLEX spot this week. D'Andre Swift or Tyler Lockett?

Lockett is so tough to have on your roster/feel confident in starting.

Without Russ it’s a no brainer - play Swift.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,613

Post#42 » by tski1972 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Love Ekeler and his four touchdowns.

Hate my opponent having Taylor with five touchdowns.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#43 » by Profound23 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Lost my semifinals 145.6 to 145.04. The other two teams finished their match 94 to 83.

My opponent had Stafford, Kupp, and Goedtert. Even the Raiders kicker who ended up with 3 fgs.

Thanks NFL for sticking to your word of teams that have too many players on covid just forfeit....and compounding the problem by moving all of my opponents players to Monday and Tuesday.

Taking some time off my FF. Second year in a row that I lost like this and it's taking away from the actual game.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#44 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Profound23 wrote:Lost my semifinals 145.6 to 145.04. The other two teams finished their match 94 to 83.

My opponent had Stafford, Kupp, and Goedtert. Even the Raiders kicker who ended up with 3 fgs.

Thanks NFL for sticking to your word of teams that have too many players on covid just forfeit....and compounding the problem by moving all of my opponents players to Monday and Tuesday.

Taking some time off my FF. Second year in a row that I lost like this and it's taking away from the actual game.

I think the previous idea was if some unvaxxed guy and the team were careless and created some sort of an outbreak, it would be a forfeit. That seemed to be an incentive-based threat that I don't think they had any intent on actually following through on, but let's imagine they did...

The game has changed now. You can't punish anyone for this now. NFL isn't a 1:1 comparison with the real world, but if they followed through on this now, the Super Bowl champ would be 100% based on luck of who forfeited less games based on random luck of when their outbreaks happened.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,412

Post#45 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:36 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Lost my semifinals 145.6 to 145.04. The other two teams finished their match 94 to 83.

I think the previous idea was if some unvaxxed guy and the team were careless and created some sort of an outbreak, it would be a forfeit. That seemed to be an incentive-based threat that I don't think they had any intent on actually following through on, but let's imagine they did...

The game has changed now. You can't punish anyone for this now. NFL isn't a 1:1 comparison with the real world, but if they followed through on this now, the Super Bowl champ would be 100% based on luck of who forfeited less games based on random luck of when their outbreaks happened.

Keep in mind, the NFLPA is strongly against a forfeit or cancellation because it reduces the players pay by 1/17th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#46 » by Profound23 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:53 am

M-C-G wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

Keep in mind, the NFLPA is strongly against a forfeit or cancellation because it reduces the players pay by 1/17th.

Well they just cost me at least 500 in winnings...that's more important to me...lol
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#47 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:09 pm

Profound23 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

Well they just cost me at least 500 in winnings...that's more important to me...lol

I hear you, man.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#48 » by M-C-G » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:17 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I hear you, man.

I am in the playoffs, already had no QB, now Taysom Hill looks like he is out and I am seriously sorting through Big Ben, Matt Ryan and Baker Mayfield to try and advance to the championship. It's brutal, on top of the probably another dozen players that will test positive between now and their games.

Jay (Edwards?) was on the fan talking about Cleveland, he said they had 100% vax participation and 40% of the players have tested positive.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,079

Post#49 » by Wisky4life » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:27 am

Curious on all of your opinions and Merry Christmas to all. Thank you!

QB: Stafford
RB: Kamara
RB: Mattison
WR: Locket
WR: (OBJ or Renfroe)
TE: Pitts
Flex: (Barkley or Justin Jackson)
K: Badgley
D: Seattle or LAC

I would have been set for the Semi-finals if I didn't lose Ekeler to Covid
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#50 » by M-C-G » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Wisky4life wrote:Curious on all of your opinions and Merry Christmas to all. Thank you!

QB: Stafford
RB: Kamara
RB: Mattison
WR: Locket
WR: (OBJ or Renfroe)
TE: Pitts
Flex: (Barkley or Justin Jackson)
K: Badgley
D: Seattle or LAC

I would have been set for the Semi-finals if I didn't lose Ekeler to Covid

Hasn't renfroe been great in almost every game Waller is out?

And I am still searching if Ekeler is playing or not. If not, and you feel confident he is getting the touches against the Falcons, that is pretty juicy. Just comes with risk.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#51 » by LittleRooster » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:23 pm

I’m lucky that I get to decide between Diontae Johnson or Cordarrelle Patterson. Full ppr. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#52 » by M-C-G » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:10 pm

LittleRooster wrote:I’m lucky that I get to decide between Diontae Johnson or Cordarrelle Patterson. Full ppr. Any thoughts?

I am similar in that I am considering Diontae or Swift. I think the rationale is pretty similar, Diontae you are taking that high floor of a 10-12 targets, which you are hoping for a 7/70 and coin flip of a TD BUT this does have shoot out potential.

With Patterson and Swift, you are looking at completely inept opponents, but there is merit for both teams spreading the loads with other guys.

I think Diontae is your safer play assuming Big Ben doesn't have one of those I am too cold to try games, but that is usually when he looks Diontae's way the most. I thin Patterson having a 100+ total yards and 2 TDs wouldn't surprise me at all.
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#53 » by LittleRooster » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:35 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:I’m lucky that I get to decide between Diontae Johnson or Cordarrelle Patterson. Full ppr. Any thoughts?

I am similar in that I am considering Diontae or Swift. I think the rationale is pretty similar, Diontae you are taking that high floor of a 10-12 targets, which you are hoping for a 7/70 and coin flip of a TD BUT this does have shoot out potential.

With Patterson and Swift, you are looking at completely inept opponents, but there is merit for both teams spreading the loads with other guys.

I think Diontae is your safer play assuming Big Ben doesn't have one of those I am too cold to try games, but that is usually when he looks Diontae's way the most. I thin Patterson having a 100+ total yards and 2 TDs wouldn't surprise me at all.

Right I could Patterson go off against Detroit. Swift sounds like he won’t play so that decision should be easy for you at least

In another league, I’m debating uzomah or o’shaunessey at te because waller is hurt

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,434

Post#54 » by RiotPunch » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:58 pm

I somehow managed to pick up AB in both of my big money leagues, and Justin Jackson in one, RoJo in the other, despite my waiver cash being depleted. Very lucky to have caught these (usually very active and sharp) leagues asleep at the wheel.

Need to figure out championship week now, but feels good to be no worse than 2nd in both this year. If DeAndre Swift or Eli Mitchell could come back, or if Ekeler could somehow be out another week, that'd be grreeeaaat.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 965

Post#55 » by vegaspacker » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Made it to the chip again. Luckily A Mon Ra, and Joshua Palmer came through. I get Eckler, Mike Williams, and EVS back.

Aaron Jones, Schultz, and Josh Allen round out the rest of the squad. Feeling pretty confident, good luck all.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
tski1972
Head Coach

Post#56 » by tski1972 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:30 pm

My semifinal game was too stressful. My opponent was done after the early games and all I needed was 14 points to win with Hill/Lockett/Fant still to play.

I squeaked out a 3 point win.

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#57 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 2, 2022 8:59 am

Full-PPR Championship

D'Andre Swift v. Seattle or Darrel Williams @ Cincy? (assuming Clyde is out)

After Campbell's comments, I lean Swift. Seahawks suck against the run and Swift has pass catching equity in a negative game script. Williams is attached to the more explosive offense, albeit in a tougher matchup. This is for my flex spot, as I've got Chubb and RoJo fired up as well.
#FreeChuckDiesel
tski1972
Head Coach

Post#58 » by tski1972 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:07 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Full-PPR Championship

After Campbell's comments, I lean Swift. Seahawks suck against the run and Swift has pass catching equity in a negative game script. Williams is attached to the more explosive offense, albeit in a tougher matchup. This is for my flex spot, as I've got Chubb and RoJo fired up as well.

In the same boat, and I’m also not sure what to do. I also picked up Amon Ra St. Brown, so I’ve been flipping back and forth as to use in my flex.

ETA: Now I see Elijah Mitchell is active as well, though I don’t think he’s a good play this week.

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#59 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:31 pm

tski1972 wrote:

In the same boat, and I’m also not sure what to do. I also picked up Amon Ra St. Brown, so I’ve been flipping back and forth as to use in my flex.

ETA: Now I see Elijah Mitchell is active as well, though I don’t think he’s a good play this week.

I have to start either Eli Mitchell or Michael Carter in my other championship game. Lol. Hard to trust Shanahan, but seems like he's getting a large work load.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#60 » by LittleRooster » Sun Jan 2, 2022 5:45 pm

I think I’d go swift

Return to Green Bay Packers