ImageImage

Bears Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,639

Re: Bears Lead Up 

Post#41 » by LikeABosh » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:41 am

LUKE23 wrote:The video I saw had Bakh clearly limping. I'm fearing the dude just has terrible luck and is done.

Yupp. That's how I feel too. I'm sure the Packers think this too, but there's so much dead money in his contract that they have no choice but to continue working with him and hoping for a miracle. I expect next year he'll be cut to save the $6 million
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#42 » by TroyD92 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:40 am

I don't think you can line Newman and Hanson on the right side again. Newman isn't good as a guard let alone a tackle. Ngl if they do something wild like Walker/Tom both starting it wouldn't surprise me.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MVP2110
Head Coach
And1: 3,137

Post#43 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:34 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:The video I saw had Bakh clearly limping. I'm fearing the dude just has terrible luck and is done.

Yupp. That's how I feel too. I'm sure the Packers think this too, but there's so much dead money in his contract that they have no choice but to continue working with him and hoping for a miracle. I expect next year he'll be cut to save the $6 million

To be clear here, that video shows him limping with the opposite leg that he had the surgery on, which is possible due to over compensation, but the limp is not on the torn acl leg.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,387

Post#44 » by MoreTrife » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:34 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:

To be clear here, that video shows him limping with the opposite leg that he had the surgery on, which is possible due to over compensation, but the limp is not on the torn acl leg.

That's how I messed up one of my legs as a young naive college runner. I had an injury on my left leg that I tried to power through, stupidly, ended up overcompensating and getting injured on my right leg. Ended up with surgery on both.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,242

Post#45 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#46 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#47 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:21 pm

So, if Runyan can't play Sunday (also assuming neither Jenkins or Bahk), then Tom gets the start? Who's next up, after Tom: Ryan or Jones?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:46 pm

Treebeard wrote:So, if Runyan can't play Sunday (also assuming neither Jenkins or Bahk), then Tom gets the start? Who's next up, after Tom: Ryan or Jones?

It's alumni weekend. We'll have plenty of options. Sitton will be there, Bulaga, TJ Lang. Jerry Kramer.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#49 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Treebeard wrote:So, if Runyan can't play Sunday (also assuming neither Jenkins or Bahk), then Tom gets the start? Who's next up, after Tom: Ryan or Jones?

It's alumni weekend. We'll have plenty of options. Sitton will be there, Bulaga, TJ Lang. Jerry Kramer.

Ha! Badabing!!!
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#50 » by Profound23 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:50 pm

It's Caleb Jones time...... :lol:

Seriously, that would be cool.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#51 » by IrishRainbow » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:11 am

Profound23 wrote:It's Caleb Jones time...... :lol:

Did some one just say Tom Jones to the OL?

I mean it not unusual.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,449

Post#52 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:54 am

IrishRainbow wrote:
Profound23 wrote:It's Caleb Jones time...... :lol:

Did some one just say Tom Jones to the OL?

I mean it not unusual.

If Jones makes it into the game you'll see me cry.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#53 » by Daver » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:56 pm

stillgotgame wrote:Just run the damn ball. When’s the last time Rodgers came up to the line on a quick cadence and handed off, ala Jim Kelly and the Bills? Ever?
We’ve got a hall of fame qb and a supposed offensive genius as a head coach, run the damn ball.

IMO MLF isnt anywhere close to a offensive genius you kidding me if he is he hasnt proved sh..in the big games where his O looks totally lost and unprepared
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#54 » by skones » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:45 pm

stillgotgame wrote:Just run the damn ball. When’s the last time Rodgers came up to the line on a quick cadence and handed off, ala Jim Kelly and the Bills? Ever?
We’ve got a hall of fame qb and a supposed offensive genius as a head coach, run the damn ball.

Honestly, mostly just wanna say that when it comes to the O, MLF is far from a genius. If anything, I think he skews more towards vanilla.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#55 » by Daver » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:47 pm

skones wrote:

Honestly, mostly just wanna say that when it comes to the O, MLF is far from a genius. If anything, I think he skews more towards vanilla.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app

Is he that much
of a better playcaller than MM im not so sure this dude has jones at #1 back n dillon n he still cant get it right.His play calling in PO games has been down right brutal
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#56 » by sdn40 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:53 pm

This offense is supposed to scheme guys open. Allegedly. Also, what genius designs an offense where 90% of the plays have one receiver (Adams) as the first read, and the backup plan is to curl up in a ball and die a slow death ?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,351

Post#57 » by humanrefutation » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:54 pm

LaFleur is definitely a good play designer and I think, in general, a good play caller. But Rodgers has to be one of the toughest QBs to play call for because he doesn't always follow the reads or make the throws he's supposed to. He'll give up on a play too quickly sometimes, especially when he's skittish because of the offensive line.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#58 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:06 pm

humanrefutation wrote:LaFleur is definitely a good play designer and I think, in general, a good play caller. But Rodgers has to be one of the toughest QBs to play call for because he doesn't always follow the reads or make the throws he's supposed to. He'll give up on a play too quickly sometimes, especially when he's skittish because of the offensive line.
Rodgers also hates motion and playing with tempo. He wants to use the full play clock and audible depending on the D's look.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#59 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:15 pm

humanrefutation wrote:LaFleur is definitely a good play designer and I think, in general, a good play caller. But Rodgers has to be one of the toughest QBs to play call for because he doesn't always follow the reads or make the throws he's supposed to. He'll give up on a play too quickly sometimes, especially when he's skittish because of the offensive line.

What I think I see is, starting last year, the passing game/offense looks more like it did under MM. It HAS to be Rodgers.

I think year 1 under MLF there was some dysfunction/adjustment period, year 2 Rodgers bought in and the O hummed, and year 3 we saw a reversion to Rodgers’ old ways. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#60 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:41 pm

When it works it's the coach. When it fails it's the QB. Thank God Love wasn't thrown into the fire this year.

The OL in 2020 was uber elite. That's the difference.

People are seriously overlooking how bad the receiving group is this year.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Green Bay Packers