ImageImage

Game 5: Packers vs. Giants - 10/9/22 - 8:30 a.m. - NFLN/Channel 4

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Re: Game 5: Packers vs. Giants - 10/9/22 - 8:30 a.m. - NFLN/Channel 4 

Post#581 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:34 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Rodgers deep ball accuracy has been a problem the last few seasons, and MLF doesn't get enough credit for covering up for that. But wow, didn't think it would crater this badly. Whatever the issues are, Rodgers and MLF need a come-to-Jesus moment with this offense and understand that this is a run-first team now. FYI, the batted pass on 4th down was 100% on Rodgers. Like....it was an RPO. How is this even a debate?

Barry can also **** right off with his insistence on continually running the Cover-2 BS. I can somewhat excuse the gameplan because the penalties killed us more than anything, but we're wasting the best pass rush we've had in decades by not playing more man coverage and just trusting our speed. Same ****, different day.

After Jones's completely viable comment that if he/AJ are given two chances to get two yards they'll get it every time, I was wondering who's to blame for those play calls that resulted in consecutive batted balls. Is that MLF? Or was Rodgers attempting to hog the glory again? Feels like a Rodgers thing.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,243

Post#582 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:36 pm

Bakh only played 25 snaps (Yosh played 38). I haven't heard if his knee is again balky or what the deal is. Last week he played 70 of 74 snaps.

Not much Dillon (20 snaps to Jones 46). They played together only 3 snaps.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,243

Post#583 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:38 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Rodgers deep ball accuracy has been a problem the last few seasons, and MLF doesn't get enough credit for covering up for that. But wow, didn't think it would crater this badly. Whatever the issues are, Rodgers and MLF need a come-to-Jesus moment with this offense and understand that this is a run-first team now. FYI, the batted pass on 4th down was 100% on Rodgers. Like....it was an RPO. How is this even a debate?

Barry can also **** right off with his insistence on continually running the Cover-2 BS. I can somewhat excuse the gameplan because the penalties killed us more than anything, but we're wasting the best pass rush we've had in decades by not playing more man coverage and just trusting our speed. Same ****, different day.

After Jones's completely viable comment that if he/AJ are given two chances to get two yards they'll get it every time, I was wondering who's to blame for those play calls that resulted in consecutive batted balls. Is that MLF? Or was Rodgers attempting to hog the glory again? Feels like a Rodgers thing.

It's easy for Jones to say they'd have run it in "every time" after the fact. Many are saying "of course we should have run" with perfect 20/20 hindsight. I'm fine with passing those 2 downs. I'm not fine with the plays called or how they were executed.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#584 » by Treebeard » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:52 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:On the plus side, Jenkins struggling at RT will make his price tag cheaper. It's cheaper to extend a guard than it is to extend a tackle.

Curious how this plays out. It's been reported he expects to be paid as a RT regardless of how much he plays there this season.

This off season should have been his career-best time to cash in...., except for the injury.... I don't think he's getting the cash he, or his agent are hoping for, but....I wouldn't blame him for going where there's somebody willing to take a chance on his stepping ahead in coming seasons.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#585 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:01 pm

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#586 » by Treebeard » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:08 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I liked the comment down further: "Things that will make you go HMMMM for $1000 Aaron..."
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,412

Post#587 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:47 pm

I’m loving the media criticism because for those of us complaining about Rodgers despite his stellar TD:INT ratio people are starting to get how he kills us at times with almost unreal stupidity and checking so many RPOs to passes when it doesn’t make any logical sense.

Let’s be clear, Rodgers **** us and the defense. And Barry is just an Uber JAG of a coach. We need to build an aggressive defense that plays with high testosterone, not this passive nonsense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#588 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:12 pm

When the defense fails it's the fault of the coordinator. When the offense fails it's the fault of the players.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,326

Post#589 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:14 pm

It's kinda crazy how much the offense tends to struggle whenever we don't have Watson to run the backfield motion and jet-sweep action. He went out with the hamstring injury and it's like we lost any sort of creativity there. I'd say the biggest failure from a personnel standpoint has been the fact that we still haven't found a speedy hybrid RB/WR that replaced what *checks notes* Tyler Ervin provided for us? Cobb's old and slow and Amari just sucks.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#590 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:18 pm

M-C-G wrote:I’m loving the media criticism because for those of us complaining about Rodgers despite his stellar TD:INT ratio people are starting to get how he kills us at times with almost unreal stupidity and checking so many RPOs to passes when it doesn’t make any logical sense.

Let’s be clear, Rodgers **** us and the defense. And Barry is just an Uber JAG of a coach. We need to build an aggressive defense that plays with high testosterone, not this passive nonsense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What means RPOs?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#591 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:19 pm

Blah blah, screen shot, can't tell, blah blah

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#592 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:It's kinda crazy how much the offense tends to struggle whenever we don't have Watson to run the backfield motion and jet-sweep action. He went out with the hamstring injury and it's like we lost any sort of creativity there. I'd say the biggest failure from a personnel standpoint has been the fact that we still haven't found a speedy hybrid RB/WR that replaced what *checks notes* Tyler Ervin provided for us? Cobb's old and slow and Amari just sucks.
I don't understand why they won't throw Jones into that role with Dillon in the backfield.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#593 » by skones » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:09 pm

MoMM wrote:
skones wrote:We have major issues beginning to crop up if guys are already talking about losing to the Jets in the locker room. Need a new voice for the defense or have Barry dramatically alter his approach ASAP, otherwise we've pissed away a season.

NFL locker rooms can get toxic pretty fast if history has shown us anything. If MLF loses his on account of a defensive scheme, that's 100% on him.

So we can start saying that Z was right when he said he changed the Packers attitude? For some reason Vikings is doing well this season, way better than us.

Nah. He was absent all last season and has come out and said as much. Guys who go to IR are almost removed and isolated from normal team activities to focus on rehab. It's pretty weird and a bit dehumanizing to be honest. Z wasn't in a position to bolster team culture throughout the entirety of last year.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#594 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#595 » by Treebeard » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:29 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:It's kinda crazy how much the offense tends to struggle whenever we don't have Watson to run the backfield motion and jet-sweep action. He went out with the hamstring injury and it's like we lost any sort of creativity there. I'd say the biggest failure from a personnel standpoint has been the fact that we still haven't found a speedy hybrid RB/WR that replaced what *checks notes* Tyler Ervin provided for us? Cobb's old and slow and Amari just sucks.
I don't understand why they won't throw Jones into that role with Dillon in the backfield.

In "the check is in the mail" department..... When is Kylin Hill expected to return to game duty?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#596 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:39 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:

I've been asking this question for two years. It's crazy to be they don't use him in that role.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#597 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:42 pm

Both sides of the ball were definitely at fault for the failure in the 2nd half. Seems like they thought they put the game away at 17-3 and further 20-10 at half. Defense couldn't get off the field with the soft zone allowing long 3rd down conversions. Actually thought we stopped the run pretty well, but they couldn't stop the dinking and dunking. The Giants drive after Rodgers got sacked and taken out of FG range should've been stopped right away, but a holding took away a sack, which happened a few times.

So obviously the defense was at fault, but the offense did them no favors by throwing deep on 2 out of the 3 next plays for a quick 3 and out, they were gassed on the next drive.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#598 » by CWoodfan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:55 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

11 straight seasons of sucky defense is pretty compelling evidence that the problems are structural from the top of the organization on down.

Much like with the Bears and QBs, the Packers are in complete denial about how their approach to playing defense is completely and fundamentally flawed.

After Barry washes out and many of the current 1st rounders and high-priced free agents on the team have departed, the wise course of action would be for the Packers to root & branch eradicate their approach to playing defense. The usual Packer approach does not work no matter how much money and no matter how many 1st round picks they throw at the defense.

In reality, I expect the Packers to just hire another loser re-tread veteran coach who will ruffle no feathers and cause no waves while failing to do any better than late Dom, Pettine, or Joe Barry.

It is the Packer way.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#599 » by Daver » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:12 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:When the defense fails it's the fault of the coordinator. When the offense fails it's the fault of the players.

Ironic I think Barry gets blasted and he should this D Scheme flat out sucks.MLF has constantly been out coached out schemed lost reality in his play calls been going on 3 years now with his my fault I need to get Jones the ball more him crapping himself in every big game yet finger pointing is always at Rodgers.
Takes a all pro guard moves him to RT every game there's constant WTF MOMENTS
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#600 » by Daver » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:23 pm

To this day football know it all's still don't get the reasoning behind MLFs hiring of Barry when his scheme is different than the Packers personal on D

Return to Green Bay Packers