Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Game 6: Jets at Packers - 10/16/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#581 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's weird to have a bad offensive line in Green Bay.

12 pressures.

If you take a look at ARodgers stats: 26/41 with 246yards, no INT... We can even say it wasn't that bad, especially when we had some dropped balls by Winfree, Lazard and Doubs.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#582 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Treebeard wrote:Fer Gawd Sakes: why not Nijman or Tom?

If they don't work, is there any unassigned quick fix available like Dennis Kelly or Billy Turner?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,412

Post#583 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:02 pm

MoMM wrote:
Treebeard wrote:Fer Gawd Sakes: why not Nijman or Tom?

If they don't work, is there any unassigned quick fix available like Dennis Kelly or Billy Turner?

At this point I think Tom has shown enough promise to just invest in him as the RT. At least if you have issue you know it is part of developing what should be a 10 year starter (hopefully)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,250

Post#584 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Jenkins, Runyan, Bakh and Myers played every snap. I also thought Bakh was cooked given the way he always seemed 2 weeks away from returning. That's huge given his big cap number.

Jones played 41 snaps, Dillon 36. They were in together for 4 snaps.

Tonyan played 46 snaps, his highest and he seems to be getting back in the groove.

Stokes, Savage, Amos and Alexander played every snap (55). Douglas played 36. Nixon 4.

Campbell again played every snap (I don't believe he's been out for even one this season). Wyatt was in for 7, which seems to be about his average.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#585 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=lJP44gT4ifipsEcvLNUjsA&s=19

He's legit been a downgrade from Barnes

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,387

Post#586 » by MoreTrife » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:54 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

How does this happen? Is he bad or is Joe Barry ruining him??
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,326

Post#587 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:00 pm

Quay's a rookie. He'll have his ups and downs just like any rookie will. Were people really expecting this class (Doubs, Watson, Walker, Wyatt) to be high impact guys right out of the gate? They're the least of this team's worries right now.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#588 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:01 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

How does this happen? Is he bad or is Joe Barry ruining him??
Or he's a rookie that's bound to make mistakes. Banking on a bunch of young guys to immediately be good isn't fair

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#589 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Quay's a rookie. He'll have his ups and downs just like any rookie will. Were people really expecting this class (Doubs, Watson, Walker, Wyatt) to be high impact guys right out of the gate? They're the least of this team's worries right now.
The young receivers were and it's completely unfair to them. Doubs is looking like the future though so that's a win.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#590 » by sdn40 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
th87 wrote:
He's also not hungry enough to put in the work. Should've traded both Rodgers and Love and rebuilt fully.

LMAO. We're back to that ? The whole "he isn't committed thing" didn't age well the first time around. Then for two years not a single peep about committment. Now it's back out of the blue. Is he back to throwing games and shaving points too ?
I guess the entire offensive line isn't committed either because they absolutely sh*t the bed today and haven't earned their paycheck all season. Or is it just a Rodgers thing ?? You're literally making stuff up. Literally.

LOL. We lost the best receiver in the game and replaced him with an old injury prone vet and 3 rookies. You don't think extra work between the QB and the new guys would have been beneficial? Rodgers skipped every optional practice. Rodgers himself said after the game that they need to simplify things because guys are making "simple" mistakes. He skipped 3 weeks of OTA's. You don't think actually showing up for all the practices (the receivers were all there) would have made a difference?

No. The simple mistakes have nothing to do with Rodgers. The simple mistakes in a complicated scheme was his quote, which means wrong routes, etc. How can you even stretch things far enough to now blame Rodgers for guys not knowing the offense well enough ? This thing where fans globally blame the QB for everything is laughable. Maybe if he attended mini-camps the OL could block better too.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#591 » by CWoodfan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Quay's a rookie. He'll have his ups and downs just like any rookie will. Were people really expecting this class (Doubs, Watson, Walker, Wyatt) to be high impact guys right out of the gate? They're the least of this team's worries right now.

The Green & Gold faithful who bought the sales pitch that the Packers were all in to win a Super Bowl in 2022 undoubtedly expected immediate returns from the rookies.

This is especially true for those gullible fans who believed the BS about how the Packers would just replace Adams and MVS' production by plugging in Watson and Doubs.

Cold, harsh reality just setting in for a lot of the faithful right now.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#592 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:46 pm

I definitely did not expect them to, but I knew for us to have any chance this year at least two of them would have to make an immediate impact. There is still time.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,326

Post#593 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:47 pm

CWoodfan wrote:

The Green & Gold faithful who bought the sales pitch that the Packers were all in to win a Super Bowl in 2022 undoubtedly expected immediate returns from the rookies.

This is especially true for those gullible fans who believed the BS about how the Packers would just replace Adams and MVS' production by plugging in Watson and Doubs.

Cold, harsh reality just setting in for a lot of the faithful right now.

So, the exact same rationale a lot of the "Green and Gold faithful" including on this very board bought into when they were griping about how we weren't going "all-in" by drafting a rookie WR in the 1st round? Huh, it's almost like expecting rookies to be immediate and consistent impact guys is incredibly naive because the vast majority of rookies aren't good players.

:dontknow:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,215

Post#594 » by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:28 pm

skones wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:This team is just bad

But probably not bad enough for a juicy draft pick. The worst place to be.

That's not really how the NFL draft works tho.

Yeah, I get that. It's a pure crapshoot for the most part. That doesn't mean it doesn't help to have higher picks in each round either for drafting or trading chart value.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#595 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:34 pm

For comparison sake Barnes had a 43 PFF score his rookie yr and 53 last year. But he was also undrafted.

I hope Walker turns out to be awesome. But I still think it's dumb as hell to draft a MLB early especially when they were actually fine at the position last season.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,360

Post#596 » by crkone » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,250

Post#597 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:53 pm

sdn40 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
sdn40 wrote:
LMAO. We're back to that ? The whole "he isn't committed thing" didn't age well the first time around. Then for two years not a single peep about committment. Now it's back out of the blue. Is he back to throwing games and shaving points too ?
I guess the entire offensive line isn't committed either because they absolutely sh*t the bed today and haven't earned their paycheck all season. Or is it just a Rodgers thing ?? You're literally making stuff up. Literally.

LOL. We lost the best receiver in the game and replaced him with an old injury prone vet and 3 rookies. You don't think extra work between the QB and the new guys would have been beneficial? Rodgers skipped every optional practice. Rodgers himself said after the game that they need to simplify things because guys are making "simple" mistakes. He skipped 3 weeks of OTA's. You don't think actually showing up for all the practices (the receivers were all there) would have made a difference?

No. The simple mistakes have nothing to do with Rodgers. The simple mistakes in a complicated scheme was his quote, which means wrong routes, etc. How can you even stretch things far enough to now blame Rodgers for guys not knowing the offense well enough ? This thing where fans globally blame the QB for everything is laughable. Maybe if he attended mini-camps the OL could block better too.

Many routes are timing routes. You get timing down by practicing WITH THE QB. Many routes have several options where the receivers AND THE QB have to read the DB's and adjust accordingly. You get this down by practicing WITH THE QB. For 3 weeks of OTA's they were practicing with Jordan Love. These are green rookies. These are rookies that we need to contribute this year. There will be growing pains with any rookie receiver but if you are saying more practices with the starting QB doesn't matter that's :crazy:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,639

Post#598 » by LikeABosh » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:05 pm

A fellow Packer fan just told me Ted Thompson needs to do a better job of drafting linemen

I don't even know where to begin
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#599 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:28 pm

Besides getting blown off the line, the OL didnt communicate at all either. It's like they had never seen a stunt before and there were numerous times where people were blocking ghosts. That even spilled over to STs.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,207

Post#600 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:34 pm

LikeABosh wrote:A fellow Packer fan just told me Ted Thompson needs to do a better job of drafting linemen

I don't even know where to begin
Such a short statement but oh so much to roll the eyes at.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Green Bay Packers