Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,791

Re: Game 6: Jets at Packers - 10/16/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#621 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:30 am

DrWood wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
DrWood wrote:With the blocked kicks, did anyone else have flashbacks to the SF playoff game?

I thought to myself, well atleast i saw a Milwaukee Bucks title in my lifetime.

You weren't alive for the last Packer Super Bowl win (2011)?

I merely existed at that point much like our quarterback then and now.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,215

Post#622 » by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:48 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
James1980
Veteran
And1: 402

Post#623 » by James1980 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:44 am

Can't start Newman anymore, either play Tom or move Jenkins and have Yosh play RT.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#624 » by skones » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:53 am

RRyder823 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:I thought to myself, well atleast i saw a Milwaukee Bucks title in my lifetime.

You weren't alive for the last Packer Super Bowl win (2011)?
lol thats what I was asking myself too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

For me it's that everyone outside of GB likes to snicker and paint us as chokers and blah blah blah, and I always thought that at least once more, we'd win again and tell all of those **** to suck it. But 30 years of elite QB play and 2 titles. Oof.

That and being aware that we'll probably end up in QB purgatory for a long time. As soon as we move on from Rodgers, I won't be expecting much for the decade following and that makes me morose.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,207

Post#625 » by RRyder823 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:37 pm

skones wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
DrWood wrote:You weren't alive for the last Packer Super Bowl win (2011)?
lol thats what I was asking myself too.

For me it's that everyone outside of GB likes to snicker and paint us as chokers and blah blah blah, and I always thought that at least once more, we'd win again and tell all of those **** to suck it. But 30 years of elite QB play and 2 titles. Oof.

That and being aware that we'll probably end up in QB purgatory for a long time. As soon as we move on from Rodgers, I won't be expecting much for the decade following and that makes me morose.

Your 2nd paragraph I can understand.

The final statement from the 1st however comes off as drivel to me. "2 championships in 30 years of elite QB play" is just an entitlement/greedy statement in the same vein as seeing comments pop up here and there like " If Giannis time here doesn't result in more then one Chanpionship the Bucks wasted his prime"

It's extremely hard to win 1 and I'll be forever grateful I witnessed 2 just like I'll be forever greatfull I saw the Bucks win 1.

The funny thing Is most people agree with my final two statements befores team wins one. "Just give us one" or " I just want to see a competive team" change very quickly to "Well we didn't win multiple. We wasted our chance. What a sad excuse we were"

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#626 » by skones » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:00 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
skones wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:lol thats what I was asking myself too.

Your 2nd paragraph I can understand.

The final statement from the 1st however comes off as drivel to me. "2 championships in 30 years of elite QB play" is just an entitlement/greedy statement in the same vein as seeing comments pop up here and there like " If Giannis time here doesn't result in more then one Chanpionship the Bucks wasted his prime"

It's extremely hard to win 1 and I'll be forever grateful I witnessed 2 just like I'll be forever greatfull I saw the Bucks win 1.

The funny thing Is most people agree with my final two statements befores team wins one. "Just give us one" or " I just want to see a competive team" change very quickly to "Well we didn't win multiple. We wasted our chance. What a sad excuse we were"

As sports fans we ARE greedy. Spend more money, get better players, win more games, ugh, we choked in the Nfc championship again! Win that. You do, not enough, win the SB. It's in our nature. You know it, I know it. Let's call a spade a spade.

The bar before the Bucks won was like, OH MY GAHD WE MADE A CONFERENCE FINALS AGAIN! Which given the near 20 years we went without a lick of actual success should have been elation for all of us. It wasn't, all of us wanted more. It was PAIN. You can't resent greed and entitlement when that's the case. I'd assume many of us have played sports in our lives. When you win a championship, you don't sit there and think, oh, I am content, I am happy, however the rest turns out. You win and think, "I need another." Embrace the darkside.

Context matters. The bar shifts. Expectations go along with it.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,387

Post#627 » by MoreTrife » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:42 pm

You'd think with Stenovich still around he'd be raging at the O-line play and seeing obvious things to correct. Also, with everyone being a vet pretty much it's shocking to see the falloff.

Return to Green Bay Packers