ImageImage

GT: Illini at Bucky - 10/1/22 - 11:00 - BTN

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,880

Re: GT: Illini at Bucky - 10/1/22 - 11:00 - BTN 

Post#81 » by RubberSoul » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:07 pm

RubberSoul wrote:Is this Chryst’s version of McCarthy against the cardinals at Lambeau in 18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it actually was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,191
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: GT: Illini at Bucky - 10/1/22 - 11:00 - BTN 

Post#82 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Oct 4, 2022 4:00 pm

trwi7 wrote:
midranger wrote:[championship banner]
Outgained Illinois at home in first half, 2022.
[\championship banner]

The funny thing is this is the stuff Kerb Hohl used to make fun of the Bucks for. I know this specific argument isn't his but he defends the **** out of this program.

Because the sports are different.

Wisconsin wasn't going all-in for the 8-seed, and if you think that's what they were doing when they were going 13-1 or going to Rose Bowls, then it's still clear that other than lucking into a star QB for 1-4 seasons, it's not going to be a regular thing.

I have rational expectations and hope for better. I'd love it if Leonhard + new OC or Leipold now comes in and suddenly 3 NFL WR recruits/transfers from Florida are begging to come to Madison along with a second try at a stud QB after Mertz, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not expecting it to happen just because we're taking 30 years of success but hitting the "something different" button.

It's likely going to be more of the same **** but the 9-3 football machine is now in for a necessary tune up. In 2-3 years you guys will be bitching about the QB and recruiting again while we're a year away from going 10-2 or something.

Return to Green Bay Packers