ImageImage

Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Re: Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#81 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:53 pm

So as a Jonathan Taylor keeper manager how concerned should I be about his current war with Isray?

We keep 4 in this league and I was feeling pretty good with Taylor, Deebo, Cupp, and Mark Andrews.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,604

Post#82 » by tski1972 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:39 pm

My draft is the 19th. Who is everyone looking at as far as sleepers this season?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,130

Post#83 » by Matches Malone » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:43 pm

tski1972 wrote:My draft is the 19th. Who is everyone looking at as far as sleepers this season?

Devon Achane seems kind of interesting. I think Romeo Doubs could also have a big year and outperform his ADP.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#84 » by Profound23 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
tski1972 wrote:My draft is the 19th. Who is everyone looking at as far as sleepers this season?

Devon Achane seems kind of interesting. I think Romeo Doubs could also have a big year and outperform his ADP.

I usually try not to draft Packers. But if I had to draft a WR, I am taking Doubs in the 14th-15th before I take Watson in the 4th-5th (where he is being drafted currently).
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#85 » by skones » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:07 pm

Bold prediction, Doubs will have the better overall season between he and Watson. More targets, higher volume, and more overall consistency. Doubs being Loves "guy" all last preseason and to an extent this one, is being overlooked. He's the safety blanket, not Watson. Theres a lot of chemistry there.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,604

Post#86 » by tski1972 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:55 am

Here’s the team I’ve got (10 team ppr)…

QB - Fields
RB - Henry, Mattison, Montgomery, McKinnon, Wilson Jr., Joshua Kelley
WR - Kupp, Olave, Hollywood Brown, Dotson, Nico Collins, Gallup
TE - Pitts
D - Saints
K - Dicker
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#87 » by Profound23 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:13 pm

I'm in a league this year with 3 wrs, 2 rbs, and 2 flex.

Full ppr

Considering just drafting wrs with my first 5-6 picks. Seems like having 5 good wrs in this league would give me a leg up on everyone else but that means not drafting my first rb until picks 7 or 8.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#88 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:59 pm

Profound23 wrote:I'm in a league this year with 3 wrs, 2 rbs, and 2 flex.

Full ppr

Considering just drafting wrs with my first 5-6 picks. Seems like having 5 good wrs in this league would give me a leg up on everyone else but that means not drafting my first rb until picks 7 or 8.
My keeper league is the same with the exta position player flex. I try to get at least 1 RB I can start every week, otherwise the RBs can get horded and pickings get really slim. But overall you're right to load up on WRs.

I also like to grab solid QB and TE starters so I can not roster backups early season and use all my bench spots on WR and RB flyers. Eventually my roster balances put but I like to have a bunch early season in hope that someone pops.

Curious peoples strategy on QB. I know it's popular to just punt the position and stream guys but personally I like getting a top 7 or 8 guy because I kind of hate the mid range this year.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,130

Post#89 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:49 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Curious peoples strategy on QB. I know it's popular to just punt the position and stream guys but personally I like getting a top 7 or 8 guy because I kind of hate the mid range this year.

I've had my most success when I take QB in the middle rounds, so I usually just stick with that strategy. My draft is coming up and I've had my eye on Trevor Lawrence as a possible mid-round target with some upside. Another year in Doug Pederson's offense and getting some more weapons back could help him take another step.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#90 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Curious peoples strategy on QB. I know it's popular to just punt the position and stream guys but personally I like getting a top 7 or 8 guy because I kind of hate the mid range this year.

I've had my most success when I take QB in the middle rounds, so I usually just stick with that strategy. My draft is coming up and I've had my eye on Trevor Lawrence as a possible mid-round target with some upside. Another year in Doug Pederson's offense and getting some more weapons back could help him take another step.
I actually just decided to keep Lawrence in that league instead of Tyler Lockett even though Lockett is ranked higher. Lawrence/Herbet is kind my cut off zone in the QB group, I don't want to be playing in that zone after them.

I agree Lawrence has some good upside, wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up a top 5 fantasy QB this year.

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#91 » by skones » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:18 pm

These are deeper guys but

RB
Jaylen Warren
Tyjae Spears
Tank Bigsby
Devon Achane
Roschon Johnson
Chase Brown
Zamir White

WR
Hunter Renfroe
Rashod Bateman
Jonathan Mingo
Rashee Rice
Jaylin Hyatt
Robert Woods

TE
Juwan Johnson (Derek Carr, fits that former WR Waller mold)
Luke Musgrave
Dalton Kincaid
Jake Ferguson
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#92 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:11 pm

Full PPR and it's a keeper league so that matters some but not a ton considering what it costs to keep this guy next year.

3 of these 4 will be available when I pick

Austin Ekeler
Cooper Cupp
Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill

As of now that's the order I have them ranked. I'm probably too low on Hill but it's partly because he's a scum bag of the field and I lean towards guys id rather root for when it's close in ranked value. Cupps hamstring injury spooks me a little since those seem to pop back up. In my younger years I probably put Robinson 1 but I've seen enough of these can't miss rookie RBs disappoint fantasy wise.

Tough call though and any of 4 would be good picks.

IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#93 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:45 am

PPR Keeper League

I’m trying to figure out who to keep based on previous year’s draft round status. To keep a player…a single player. We forfeit a pick one round higher than acquired making first round drafted players ineligible for keep.

These are my considerations and the draft pick I’d have to surrender

DeVonta Smith - 7th
C.Watson - 8th
Burrow - 6th
Miles Sanders - 11th

I’m thinking it SHOULD be DeVonta by a healthy margin…but I’ve talked myself in circles. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#94 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:59 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:PPR Keeper League

I’m trying to figure out who to keep based on previous year’s draft round status. To keep a player…a single player. We forfeit a pick one round higher than acquired making first round drafted players ineligible for keep.

These are my considerations and the draft pick I’d have to surrender

DeVonta Smith - 7th
C.Watson - 8th
Burrow - 6th
Miles Sanders - 11th

I’m thinking it SHOULD be DeVonta by a healthy margin…but I’ve talked myself in circles. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yeah it's probably Smith but I'm also at the point with fantasy where I have some fun with it and have dudes I want to root for so Id probably take Watson.

I have my draft on Sunday and plan on 'reaching' a bit for both Watson and Doubs.

IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#95 » by IrishRainbow » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:11 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Full PPR and it's a keeper league so that matters some but not a ton considering what it costs to keep this guy next year.

Austin Ekeler
Cooper Cupp
Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill

As of now that's the order I have them ranked. I'm probably too low on Hill but it's partly because he's a scum bag of the field and I lean towards guys id rather root for when it's close in ranked value. Cupps hamstring injury spooks me a little since those seem to pop back up. In my younger years I probably put Robinson 1 but I've seen enough of these can't miss rookie RBs disappoint fantasy wise.

Think I’d roll with AE.
Rookie RB scare me no matter who they are and I’m not sure I trust the QB play of the other WRs.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,381

Post#96 » by RiotPunch » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:26 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Full PPR and it's a keeper league so that matters some but not a ton considering what it costs to keep this guy next year.

Austin Ekeler
Cooper Cupp
Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill

In a similar boat, picking 5th in a 12-team PPR redraft. Won the league last year with Ekeler & Kelce as my mainstays, and now I, ironically, have to choose between the two, or go Hill/Kupp/Bijan/Barkley.

I should be happy with Ekeler at 5, considering I took him 2nd overall last year, but I can't help but be hesitant. Disgruntled, new OC, Allen healthy, Johnston added to the fold. Love Kelce, but can't get behind spending #5 on him, as much as the positional advantage week to week really rocks. Hill seems like a good bet, but is he really QB proof if Tua goes down again? Is Kupp really healthy? Do I just say **** it and go with Bijan and his fresh legs on the run-heaviest team in the league?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#97 » by LittleRooster » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:45 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Austin Ekeler
Cooper Cupp
Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill

In a similar boat, picking 5th in a 12-team PPR redraft. Won the league last year with Ekeler & Kelce as my mainstays, and now I, ironically, have to choose between the two, or go Hill/Kupp/Bijan/Barkley.

I should be happy with Ekeler at 5, considering I took him 2nd overall last year, but I can't help but be hesitant. Disgruntled, new OC, Allen healthy, Johnston added to the fold. Love Kelce, but can't get behind spending #5 on him, as much as the positional advantage week to week really rocks. Hill seems like a good bet, but is he really QB proof if Tua goes down again? Is Kupp really healthy? Do I just say **** it and go with Bijan and his fresh legs on the run-heaviest team in the league?

I’d keep kelce and draft bijan

ETA: though maybe I’m misunderstanding and it’s not a keeper league lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,381

Post#98 » by RiotPunch » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:49 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Austin Ekeler
Cooper Cupp
Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill

Nope, sorry, not a keeper league. Shouldn't have quoted a keeper post. Just emotional ties to Ekeler and Kelce because they helped me win last season.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#99 » by LittleRooster » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:02 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:In a similar boat, picking 5th in a 12-team PPR redraft. Won the league last year with Ekeler & Kelce as my mainstays, and now I, ironically, have to choose between the two, or go Hill/Kupp/Bijan/Barkley.

Nope, sorry, not a keeper league. Shouldn't have quoted a keeper post. Just emotional ties to Ekeler and Kelce because they helped me win last season.

You probably can’t go wrong with who you choose but I’m with you, love ekeler but leery of new system/added weapons

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#100 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:22 pm

Had my draft yesterday and ended up taking Watson, Doubs, and Reed. Most homer draft ever and I loved it, I'm the only Pack fan sobdidn't really reach except maybe Doubs like a round early but I think he's being undervalued nationally.

Return to Green Bay Packers