ImageImage

Really Nice Article on Jarrett Bush

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Really Nice Article on Jarrett Bush 

Post#1 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 am

I really enjoyed reading this article. I remember his initial years he was the whipping boy. EVERYONE HATED HIM! He infuriated fans with his horrific coverage, always seemed to get burned (at the worst possible time), cause a penalty, and always made fans crazy.

But after some time, even I stopped complaining about the guy, he seemed to get better in zone coverage the few times he was on the field, and truly was a special teams ace. In fact, when he wasn't covering a kick you could actually see a drop in performance from the coverage units.

Then came along 2010 and the SuperBowl. Jarrett Bush makes the play of his life with an INT in the game. He also was in perfect coverage and almost had a second INT on the last play of that game.

Was he perfect? Heck no. He gave up a TD in the second half of the SB, and played a little too much for my liking when Woodson went out and Shields got banged up. But he hung in there.

Jarrett Bush has never shown the man coverage skills to be a successful DB in the NFL. He's never shown the speed, or shutdown skills that you like to see in a DB. But he eventually picked up his game to the point where he's an adequate Zone coverage dime back, 7th DB, and he's as always absolutely relentless on special teams.

Eventually it was enough to win me over. At some point I stopped hating this player, and started admiring him with his positive attitude and hard working mentality. In the end I'm happy Jarrett Bush is a Packer and he should be proud of the career he's had.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 38351.html
#FreeChuckDiesel
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: Really Nice Article on Jarrett Bush 

Post#2 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Aug 2, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm not sure my option of any pro player has ever evolved like my opinion of bush. I was one of the haters early in his career and cringed every time he was on the field. But now I have nothing but respect for the guy. His attitude and work ethic are second to none. I get why he's lasted this long. He's the kind of guy you want on your team simply to give an example of what it takes to be a pro. Obviously he's great on special teams but he's even advanced to a point where he's a decent emergency dback too.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a special teams coach once he's done playing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#3 » by Frank Nova » Sun Aug 3, 2014 12:59 am

Bush is a special teams ace no doubt about it but IMO he's by no means even a serviceable DB. He's the worst cover corner we've had on the roster the entire time he's been on the roster.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#4 » by gbmb34 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:45 pm

Jarret Bush is still an ace on special teams and terrible in coverage. Hasn't changed in 4 years.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#5 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 3:31 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:Bush is a special teams ace no doubt about it but IMO he's by no means even a serviceable DB. He's the worst cover corner we've had on the roster the entire time he's been on the roster.

The worst corner we've ever had doesn't make a pick in the super bowl.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#6 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 4, 2014 9:26 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:Bush is a special teams ace no doubt about it but IMO he's by no means even a serviceable DB. He's the worst cover corner we've had on the roster the entire time he's been on the roster.

Uhhh, two words........Pat Lee
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#7 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Aug 4, 2014 9:48 pm

How terrible to have your 6th corner not be a superstar coverage corner.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#8 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 4, 2014 10:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

Uhhh, two words........Pat Lee

Seriously. This is just an overstatement. And, let's be clear: beyond his ST mentality, a skill admired across the league, he's made big time plays in big time moments. Say what you will, he had a crucial INT in the Super Bowl and he made a season saving play late last year against Pittsburgh to help our playoff push.

Pat Lee as you state Swansy...

And...how about:

Josh Gordy
Josh Bell
Trevor Ford
Will Blackmon
Brandon Underwood
Ahmad Carroll
Patrick Dendy

These players have been with the Packers and they were nowhere near as competent as Bush.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#9 » by HKPackFan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:05 am

Don't look now, but Bush was the defensive MVP against the Titans. 8 tackles and a sack and was constantly around the ball.

Again, no one is saying this guy is the second coming of Charles Woodson. It's just nice to cheer for a guy who was on the Most hated list, and yet persevered and continued to work hard and has become a serviceable player. He has a good role on ST's and is there as an emergency DB.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#10 » by Newz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:

The worst corner we've ever had doesn't make a pick in the super bowl.

I love me some Jarrett Bush and I'm glad he's on our team.

But the pick in the Super Bowl was more dumb luck and a horrendous decision by Big Ben than it was Bush doing anything right. If you ever watch the play Bush was completely out of position and actually covering the wrong receiver. The guy he was supposed to be on was streaking wide open down the sideline with literally no one even remotely close to him. If Ben looks over to that side and doesn't try to force the pass over the middle of the field, we lose.

Still a great play by Bush, but let's put it in perspective.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#11 » by HKPackFan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:50 am

Bush had an overall very solid preseason. He capped it off with a nice INT tonight. He looked pretty solid in coverage, had a couple good hits, solid in special teams, and his INT was a nice play, isolated with his man, read the play and made pick.

I like the depth of our secondary.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers