Updated: Favre to be inducted into Packers HOF July 18th

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: Updated: Favre to be inducted into Packers HOF July 18t 

Post#41 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Aug 5, 2014 9:17 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:There will be a cereomy during a game so 70,000+ fans can be involved. The HOF gig will be just include a few hundred. And I doubt many regular fans will be able to get a ticket to that. Sunday, September 20 would be fitting, he made his Packer debut on September 20. Schedule the Bears for that day.

I think they mentioned that they were going to reveal the number retirement/ROH ceremony next fall during the 2015 season.

I'm sure it will be fall. I can't imagine they'll do it in December in the cold weather.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#42 » by HKPackFan » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:57 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:There will be a cereomy during a game so 70,000+ fans can be involved. The HOF gig will be just include a few hundred. And I doubt many regular fans will be able to get a ticket to that. Sunday, September 20 would be fitting, he made his Packer debut on September 20. Schedule the Bears for that day.

I think they mentioned that they were going to reveal the number retirement/ROH ceremony next fall during the 2015 season.

I'm sure it will be fall. I can't imagine they'll do it in December in the cold weather.

Yes I'm sure it will be fall. I went to Reggie's ceremony, it was awesome. It was an a nice fall day and the entire crowd was chanting, "REG-GIE!" "REG-GIE!" "REG-GIE!"

I had goosebumps. It was during halftime, it was a priceless moment, they showed some highlights, a quick speech, a stadium full of people wearing Reggie White jerseys (I wore mine), probably one of the only days since his passing I saw more Jerseys with his name on it in the stands than the QB or other players. It was fantastic. I flew in from Florida to attend that game, it was so worth it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#43 » by El Duderino » Wed Aug 6, 2014 6:34 pm

Newz wrote:
I think people give him a lot of credit for his development and he obviously deserves it, because he worked his ass off to become the player that he is. But I think people, especially those that constantly scream to fire MM, need to realize that he was a big reason why we have a franchise QB right now. Rodgers needed a ton of work. When he started playing at the level he's playing at now, I was stunned.

I hope MM is still around when we transition from Rodgers to whoever it is that eventually replaces Rodgers.

The main thing McCarthy did was change Rodgers throwing mechanics from that Ted Tedford hold the ball up by his helmet to how he now holds the ball down by his chest before getting rid of the ball. This allowed Aaron to get more velocity on his throws and be better making plays on the move by not having the ball up by his helmet as he did at Cal which Tedford taught all of his QB's to do.

Return to Green Bay Packers