ImageImage

Seahawks Postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Seahawks Postgame 

Post#1 » by Mags FTW » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:47 am

When Ron Wolf coined the phrase, "just a guy" he was talking about players like Brad Jones.

Hopefully this is a reality check for this team that was cocky for no good reason. They're good, (we played better than DEN in the SB), but flawed. Must improve as the season goes on and have younger guys overtake some of the scrub starters.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: Seahawks Postgame 

Post#2 » by Newz » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:50 am

Just saw that Lacy suffered a concussion as well.

Awesome.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#3 » by awd4cy » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:52 am

2nd concussion for Lacy. I love the way he plays and he is an absolute beast, but he probably won't last in the league long term.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#4 » by awd4cy » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:53 am

Also, our ILB and DT play makes me sad.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,496

Post#5 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:55 am

GB_Packers wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
wichmae wrote:It isnt pretty but I wont be holding entire judgement of a 17 week regular season on the first game.

They will play better and taking on the SB champs in an opener is always a tough order.

That said, it's starting to look like John Schneider was a bigger part of Ted's success than he was ever credited for at the time.

Then I guess Baalke isn't very good since the Niners can't beat them in key games either. They got **** annihilated early in the season last year in Seattle.

Niners can beat Seattle in SF, just not in Seattle. They were only a tipped TD away from doing it, without some key players playing. But Seattle hasn't won in SF in forever, either.

How come you guys didn't target ILB Wisconsin player Chris Borland in the draft? He would have been great for your team, imo.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#6 » by ClassicJack » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:55 am

This is not going to be THAT year for us. That much is clear to me at this point. Ehh....
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#7 » by Buckrageous » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:55 am

D was bad up the middle last year. They needed 2 ILB, 1 S at least, and NT. The S situation was talen care of in offseason but their are still gaping holes up the middle. Latroy Guion, Brad Jones, and AJ Hawk arent starters on good defenses. I wouldnt of complained if they would have canned Capers this offseason but the talent is lacking as much as anything.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,038

Post#8 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:57 am

Lost two players that we absolutely couldn't afford to lose. Between that, some bonehead offensive decisions and underwhelming play from Rodgers, it was about as bad a night as the Packers could have had.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#9 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:58 am

wichmae wrote:Saying the Packers have 6-10 talent is Godgers esque PP. Thats pretty ridiculous to say.

You can quite literally make a directed comment like that about any team, in any sport, and at any time with hypotheticals.

SF without Harbaugh
SEA without Wilson
DEN without Manning
CHI without Forte or Cutler

Cavs without Lebron
OKC without Durant

List goes forever with hypothetical situations.

Throw out the NBA comparisons. Different sport.

But we rely on one player being able to play at HOF levels more than any other team in the league. And I think last year bore that out.

In 2010 we could withstand more because we had legit playmakers on defense like Collins and Woodson (and a younger feistier/healthier Clay). And Rodgers had higher caliber targets to throw to with Finley, Jennings and Jones. And we had two bookend lineman in Tauscher and Clifton who played through almost every pain they could, albeit on their last legs.

We just haven't replaced the loss of all those people above nor been able to then grow in other areas like finding a stud D-lineman or ILB.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#10 » by wichmae » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:58 am

Lots of knee jerk reactions to losing opening night to a banner unveiling, ring getting, SB winner at their home. I personally am not making any conclusions after one game. Just hope something clicks on D in the front middle and there isnt any injury issue with the line.
Newz
Banned User

Post#11 » by Newz » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:58 am

Apparently MM said that Bulaga's knee is a sprain and they don't fear major injury... or at least that's what a few people have messaged me that are listening to the press conference.

Can anyone confirm?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,628

Post#12 » by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:58 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WesHod/status/507739091623215104[/tweet]
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,286

Post#13 » by rilamann » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:59 am

No shame in losing to the Super Bowl champs on the road but when you put into context how they lost it kills some of my optimism.

Hopefully Bulaga is not out for the season,Rodgers had a lot of time to throw against arguably the best front in football before Bulaga went out.

Of course the one real positive we can take from the game is probably going to be nullified due to injury.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#14 » by GB_Packers » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:59 am

Ugh at the Lacy concussion. Hopefully with the mini bye week here he can be good to go by next Sunday. We come back licking our wounds and knowing what will need to be done to play with them. Irritating thing is it was just a 17-10 game at one point and while we weren't playing great, were hanging with them. Then the wheels slowly started coming off. Ugh.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,733

Post#15 » by emunney » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:59 am

Jeremy Lane is a hell of a player. He left the game and suddenly Cobb was open on every play.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#16 » by wichmae » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:01 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
wichmae wrote:Saying the Packers have 6-10 talent is Godgers esque PP. Thats pretty ridiculous to say.

You can quite literally make a directed comment like that about any team, in any sport, and at any time with hypotheticals.

SF without Harbaugh
SEA without Wilson
DEN without Manning
CHI without Forte or Cutler

Cavs without Lebron
OKC without Durant

List goes forever with hypothetical situations.

Throw out the NBA comparisons. Different sport.

But we rely on one player being able to play at HOF levels more than any other team in the league. And I think last year bore that out.

In 2010 we could withstand more because we had legit playmakers on defense like Collins and Woodson (and a younger feistier/healthier Clay). And Rodgers had higher caliber targets to throw to with Finley, Jennings and Jones. And we had two bookend lineman in Tauscher and Clifton who played through almost every pain they could, albeit on their last legs.

We just haven't replaced the loss of all those people above nor been able to then grow in other areas like finding a stud D-lineman or ILB.

You cant operate in hypotheticals. One Peyton injury got a perennial contender in Indy to a 2-14 record. Same thing would happen with all the other teams in the NFL. Injuries happen and you have to hope they dont happen to your stars. Like I said in my other post there is some serious over reaction going on here after one game.
Newz
Banned User

Post#17 » by Newz » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:01 am

emunney wrote:Jeremy Lane is a hell of a player. He left the game and suddenly Cobb was open on every play.

Lots of people ripping the Packers.

Some people just need to realize that right now Seattle is just a damn good team. Their defense is incredible and their offense is above average. That is a heck of a team that we lost to and we kept it tight until we suffered a couple of big injuries.

I still think we can hang with them, personally. Not very discouraged by this at all.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,628

Post#18 » by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:01 am

How long is a player usually out if they have a concussion? Considering they have a few more extra days before their next game against the Jets, can we expect Lacy to be back or will he likely be out next game?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#19 » by GB_Packers » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:01 am

Oh god it's Nick Collins right now on TMJ :( goddamnit at the injury that ended his career. We'd have repeated as champs at the least if he was still able to play.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,286

Post#20 » by rilamann » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:02 am

Nick Collins on the post game on TMJ.....miss that dude.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Green Bay Packers