ImageImage

AJ Hawk is no more! Finally released!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,612

Re: AJ Hawk is no more! Finally released! 

Post#21 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:58 am

JayMKE wrote:I thought we should of drafted Vernon Davis

then, now, forever

Haloti Ngata for me.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#22 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 am

AJ Hawk was good with Desmond Bishop next to him. For whatever reason they clicked together. When Desmond Bishop went down that magic was lost.

I'm glad we've cleaned house with Jones and Hawk by far the worst ILB duo in the league. But Barrington and part time Clay is not the answer, hope they get this figured out soon, it's too important a position to mask with a duo of Lattimore/Barrington and a little bit of Clay. It's time to put some real talent at the ILB.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#23 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:02 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Image

Whenever I see this play, I"m sorry but I just see Davon House lazily giving Jon Ryan an angle and setting up this play. WTF House. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: If Only Bush was on that side...ugh.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#24 » by Buckrageous » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:10 am

HKPackFan wrote:

Whenever I see this play, I"m sorry but I just see Davon House lazily giving Jon Ryan an angle and setting up this play. WTF House. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: If Only Bush was on that side...ugh.

I see that play and it just makes me pissed at Hawk. House would of run him down before he ran for the 1st down. All Hawk had to do was cover an OT. He breaks for the sideline, why? Apparently he thought Ryan was going to outrun House and get the 1st. I remember him always being hyped as a smart player, assignment sure, etc. Not on that play.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#25 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:38 am

Buckrageous wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

I see that play and it just makes me pissed at Hawk. House would of run him down before he ran for the 1st down. All Hawk had to do was cover an OT. He breaks for the sideline, why? Apparently he thought Ryan was going to outrun House and get the 1st. I remember him always being hyped as a smart player, assignment sure, etc. Not on that play.

So much fail on that play. House was not supposed to pressure the kick, the play call was protection, not to block the kick. House wasn't following instructions, all he had to do was take 2 steps outside and cover the lane. He already has Brad Jones running on the same side like a madman crashing down, one of you idiots needs to play contain. F@cking bunch of morons. Hawk somehow thinks Jon Ryan is going to run 10+ yards and get a first down or run 20 yards and score a TD!?! Did everyone lose their goddamn mind on that play!?! F@cking pathetic.
#FreeChuckDiesel
UWNick
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#26 » by UWNick » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:57 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
Buckrageous wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

So much fail on that play. House was not supposed to pressure the kick, the play call was protection, not to block the kick. House wasn't following instructions, all he had to do was take 2 steps outside and cover the lane. He already has Brad Jones running on the same side like a madman crashing down, one of you idiots needs to play contain. F@cking bunch of morons. Hawk somehow thinks Jon Ryan is going to run 10+ yards and get a first down or run 20 yards and score a TD!?! Did everyone lose their goddamn mind on that play!?! F@cking pathetic.

If the Packers don't bring back House, I'm going to think back to this play and believe McCarthy and Thompson watched this, were as disgusted as we are, and decided to dump everybody involved... and I'm perfectly ok with that.

...even though dumping Hawk and not resigning House are probably good moves for other reasons.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,306

Post#27 » by rilamann » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

House could have played it better but that play still doesn't work if Hawk doesn't go brain-dead.No way does Ryan out-run House for the first down.If Hawk doesn't pull a Bostic and does what I'm assuming (you never know with Slocum I guess) he was told and what he was supposed to do,a punter and back-up offensive linemen don't play backyard catch on us for a touchdown in the NFC Championship game.

Even for the sake of argument if we want to argue Ryan out-runs House for the first down the play still doesn't result in a Seahawks touchdown if Hawk does what he was supposed to do,it just results in a first down.

What Hawk did on that play is every bit as unforgivable as what Bostic did on the onside kick.

Good riddance Hawk.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: Re: AJ Hawk is no more! Finally released! 

Post#28 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:33 am

rilamann wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

House could have played it better but that play still doesn't work if Hawk doesn't go brain-dead.No way does Ryan out-run House for the first down.If Hawk doesn't pull a Bostic and does what I'm assuming (you never know with Slocum I guess) he was told and what he was supposed to do,a punter and back-up offensive linemen don't play backyard catch on us for a touchdown in the NFC Championship game.

Even for the sake of argument if we want to argue Ryan out-runs House for the first down the play still doesn't result in a Seahawks touchdown if Hawk does what he was supposed to do,it just results in a first down.

What Hawk did on that play is every bit as unforgivable as what Bostic did on the onside kick.

Good riddance Hawk.

You won't see me defend Hawk on that play, what he did was inexcusable.

If you read Seattle's take this play was all about Brad Jones. Just makes it all the better we dump all the culprits from this horrible play. Clean house (house included) of all the bozos including bostick and slocum.

Jones, Hawk, Bostick, Slocum. I dont even want to see House again but i'd take House back on 3-4 million i would not pay him 6 million a year nor a big signing bonus.. Bye. every time I see one of these guys i have a bad taste in my mouth I'd be happy to never see them again.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,047

Post#29 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:34 pm

You can see in that replay that all of the key players got the memo about FG-safe except for Jones and House.

Hawk should have covered the tackle, obviously. That was a stupid decision on his part. But I'm still putting most of the blame on Jones and House for rushing the kick instead of playing it safe. If they don't rush, Ryan gets sacked before the play ever had a chance to develop.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,935

Post#30 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:20 am

This one always kills me. Like what even?
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#31 » by HKPackFan » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:30 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

This one always kills me. Like what even?

I've heard people try to justify this one to me....But it still doesn't make any sense. :noway:
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,487

Post#32 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 5, 2015 12:56 pm

The Green Bay Packers appear bound and determined to improve at inside linebacker with different players next season.

Nevertheless, it would be incorrect to think that A.J. Hawk is totally out of the picture.

A source familiar with the situation said the team left the door open for his possible return after releasing him Feb. 25.

Probably the only scenario for a return by Hawk would be if the Packers weren't satisfied with their depth at inside linebacker in early May after veteran free agency, the draft and college free agency.

Hawk, 31, intends to play at least another season. He underwent ankle surgery in early February for an injury that apparently affected him for a significant portion of the season. However, he wasn't listed on the injury report all season.

The Packers are counting $1.6 million against their salary cap for Hawk. His minimum base salary as a nine-year veteran would be $870,000.

"You could probably squeeze another year out of A.J. as a starter," an executive in personnel for an NFC team said last week. "He's probably not what he once was. I don't see the third-down nickel value in him anymore."
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#33 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 5, 2015 2:48 pm

On the FG in Jones' defense, I thought the hard rush is what he was told to do by Coaches. I heard House was the key and he played it wrong. I guess Jarrett Bush on the other end played it how you should and if they run that play to that side, its stopped. Hawk was kinda screwed either way. If stays back, Ryan likely gets the 1st down anyway. I guess in his mind maybe he thought the better odds were having a punter make a completion to a non-receiver had better chance of not working than Ryan just running for 1st down. It was a **** play all around though. Should've been playing lax coverage to begin with.

As for Hawk, I think he's been a good Packer but definitely not great. I think when he was drafted we all had visions of what 52 kind of has been here, fast/play making guy. Whereas Hawk has just been a steady player that for most part won't beat you, but isn't going to be a game changer. By all accounts he seems like a good guy and teammate. I respect that he took to the Green Bay area and community, not alot of guys do. I think as time passes he'll be looked at as a solid Packer for many years, get in Packers HOF, but there will always be a little 'wasn't quite what we all thought he'd be' when drafted.

As for Vernon Davis, didn't he state he wouldn't play in GB or didn't want to? That guy was a mess for many years though. I'm not going to kill them for passing on him.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#34 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 5, 2015 2:51 pm

And I think the right decision was made. It was time to part ways. If he comes back on a cheap deal later in Spring, fine. But I think it was time to look in a different direction.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#35 » by LittleRooster » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
The Green Bay Packers appear bound and determined to improve at inside linebacker with different players next season.

Nevertheless, it would be incorrect to think that A.J. Hawk is totally out of the picture.

A source familiar with the situation said the team left the door open for his possible return after releasing him Feb. 25.

Probably the only scenario for a return by Hawk would be if the Packers weren't satisfied with their depth at inside linebacker in early May after veteran free agency, the draft and college free agency.

Hawk, 31, intends to play at least another season. He underwent ankle surgery in early February for an injury that apparently affected him for a significant portion of the season. However, he wasn't listed on the injury report all season.

The Packers are counting $1.6 million against their salary cap for Hawk. His minimum base salary as a nine-year veteran would be $870,000.

"You could probably squeeze another year out of A.J. as a starter," an executive in personnel for an NFC team said last week. "He's probably not what he once was. I don't see the third-down nickel value in him anymore."

In other words, he's our last resort
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,579

Post#36 » by Profound23 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 7:24 am

If Hawk comes back at 1 mil, I can't hate that.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#37 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Hawk should be happy to go back to Ohio.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: Re: AJ Hawk is no more! Finally released! 

Post#38 » by HKPackFan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:07 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:Hawk should be happy to go back to Ohio.

Ya that's a good fit for him family and location wise. Hope he does ok there. Just because I don't want him as a packer doesnt mean i dislike the guy. I wish him well.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#39 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:35 am

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/packers ... n=facebook

Pretty cool story on how hawk and the packers handled the situation with class.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#40 » by SpursNBucks » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 pm

JayMKE wrote:I thought we should of drafted Vernon Davis

then, now, forever

I wanted them to as well, but Vernon made it clear he didn't want to play in GB and wanted SF to draft him. Ted was a huge Hawk fan from the start - Vernon never an option.

Return to Green Bay Packers