ImageImage

Projected Roster

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Projected Roster 

Post#1 » by eagle13 » Sun May 3, 2015 9:46 am

As we all know Ted rarely makes any significant personnel additions after this point. Undrafted rookies, street FAs and an occassional cut from another team. In other words what we see is what we got.

OFFENSE – 24
3-QB- Rodgers / Tolzein / Hundley
3-RB- Lacy / Starks / +1
1-FB - Kuhn OR Ripkowski
6-WR- Cobb / Nelson / Adams / Montgomery / Janis / Aberderis
3-TE- Rodgers / Quarless / Beckman
8-OL- Sitton/ Lang/ Bakhtiari/ Bulaga/ Linsley/ Barclay/ Tretter/ +1

DEFENSE – 26
7-DL- Daniels / JonesD / Raji / Guion / Boyd / Pennel / +1
6-OLB- Matthews / Peppers / Neal / Perry / Mulumba / Elliot
4-ILB- Barrington / Ryan / Bradford / Palmer
5-CB-Shields / Hayward / Randall / Rollins / Goodson
4-S- Burnett / Dix / Hyde / Richardson

SPECIAL TEAMS – 3
K- Crosby
P- Masthay
LS- Goode
PR- Hyde / Montgomery / Aberderis / Randall
KR- Montgomery / Aberderis / Randall

1 POSSIBLE VARIATION
DB- Banjo in place of a DL or LB.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Re: Projected Roster 

Post#2 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun May 3, 2015 10:08 am

It will be a huge disappointment if Joe Thomas doesn't make the team over Nate Palmer. Like the rest of the projected roster. I think we have a lot of good WR prospects to try to sneak onto the practice squad as well with the UDFA roster in Pinkard and Coxson. I also like as an X-factor to make our roster.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Post#3 » by HKPackFan » Sun May 3, 2015 12:05 pm

Looks pretty good. Im sure there will be one or two UFA that make a name for themselves over the summer we dont know about. Agreed hoping for good things from joe thomas.

I think its pretty cool this team has so many starting and even second string positions already locked up there are so few question marks. That's a great sign of a very solid well built team that only needs one or two spots to plug into and the rest of the roster is set.

MM has pretty much guaranteed special teams wont screw them this year.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#4 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun May 3, 2015 4:37 pm

Looks about right. Will be a couple guys who come out of no where and make it and a couple guys who would make it will be lost to injury in camp/preseason.

I think Thornton makes the team on the dline.

It's a real chance they only keep 2 rbs in the 53 and then keep 2 more on the practice squad. With them using Cobb and maybe even Montgomery out of the backfield it's not like they would have 3 active on game day anyway.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,564

Post#5 » by Profound23 » Sun May 3, 2015 4:45 pm

You know Rodgers is MVP because if he goes down this team is 5-11 at best, with him they are 11-5 at worst.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: Re: Projected Roster 

Post#6 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun May 3, 2015 5:21 pm

Profound23 wrote:You know Rodgers is MVP because if he goes down this team is 5-11 at best, with him they are 11-5 at worst.
sure but isn't that the case with the NFL in general? If you have a good qb u win if you don't then you lose. Look at the final 8 teams last year. Rodgers Romo Wilson cam in the nfc and Brady manning luck and Flacco. Common theme is they all have franchise qbs. It feels like over simplifying it but in today's NFL it's all about the qb.
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#7 » by Buckrageous » Sun May 3, 2015 5:53 pm

The CB depth is a little scary. I'm sure Hyde will be there. However, the listed 3rd, 4th, and 5th corners have a combined experience of 4 yrs in college and 1 yr in the NFL and the 3rd CB was a S. Hopefully they will be good long term but I don't know about relying on them this year.

ILB still looks weak. Unlike the CBs we'll probably know early on about Ryan as he's played plenty. He looks like the last hope for an upgrade over Hawk.

They are going to score a ton of points.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#8 » by SpursNBucks » Sun May 3, 2015 6:18 pm

Buckrageous wrote:The CB depth is a little scary. I'm sure Hyde will be there. However, the listed 3rd, 4th, and 5th corners have a combined experience of 4 yrs in college and 1 yr in the NFL and the 3rd CB was a S. Hopefully they will be good long term but I don't know about relying on them this year.

ILB still looks weak. Unlike the CBs we'll probably know early on about Ryan as he's played plenty. He looks like the last hope for an upgrade over Hawk.

They have to hope Randall can transition smoothly to CB. In Capers D the CB/S role is a bit skewed. The ILB position and depth is extremely weak. The play of the vets that were there was so mediocre/bad maybe they feel they can't get much worse. It's a position that has been pretty ignored in the Drafts. I think the feel Barrington will be better so that's half the equation. They probably would have loved to grab a Kendricks/Perryman, but they didn't want to use a 1st and sounded like the price was too steep to move up round 2.

Jake Ryan has to be their top option. What bothers me about him is he is not the player he was pre-ACL. He still wears a brace. He's an old school grinder type GB fans like, but I think he could really struggle.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#9 » by eagle13 » Sun May 3, 2015 7:40 pm

Buckrageous wrote:The CB depth is a little scary. I'm sure Hyde will be there. However, the listed 3rd, 4th, and 5th corners have a combined experience of 4 yrs in college and 1 yr in the NFL and the 3rd CB was a S. Hopefully they will be good long term but I don't know about relying on them this year.

Just imagine how scary CB depth would be if we had not taken CBs in both 1st & 2nd as some complained. With two high caliber options I feel confident at least one of them will have grown over the season and will be playing at a helpful level by the last quarter of the season and playoffs. There is a decent chance one of them may even make a major contribution.

It seems to be TT/MM intent to start the season with Barrington and Matthews inside. Peppers Perry and Neal rotate on outside. They will let Bradford and Ryan learn and grow and gradually earn more PT. Its an OK strategy. It was not that great a class of ILBs this draft actually (not even one bonafide 1st rd rating). None of this years ILB look even remotely like Mosley or Ceasar (sp?) did last year. Maybe next year. Besides while CB was not exceptional in top end talent this year - it was very deep in good players. Made total sense to feed at the trough where the best food is. As much as we talk about how Matthews performs outside (and its true) he did an outstanding job inside and his stats did not suffer. He was the 3rd ranked ILB in the league last year. With the offseason for MM & Dom to strategize and with Raji and (probably) Guion back and a lot of DB depth our D will be better
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#10 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun May 3, 2015 8:23 pm

eagle13 wrote:

Just imagine how scary CB depth would be if we had not taken CBs in both 1st & 2nd as some complained. With two high caliber options I feel confident at least one of them will have grown over the season and will be playing at a helpful level by the last quarter of the season and playoffs. There is a decent chance one of them may even make a major contribution.

It seems to be TT/MM intent to start the season with Barrington and Matthews inside. Peppers Perry and Neal rotate on outside. They will let Bradford and Ryan learn and grow and gradually earn more PT. Its an OK strategy. It was not that great a class of ILBs this draft actually (not even one bonafide 1st rd rating). None of this years ILB look even remotely like Mosley or Ceasar (sp?) did last year. Maybe next year. Besides while CB was not exceptional in top end talent this year - it was very deep in good players. Made total sense to feed at the trough where the best food is. As much as we talk about how Matthews performs outside (and its true) he did an outstanding job inside and his stats did not suffer. He was the 3rd ranked ILB in the league last year. With the offseason for MM & Dom to strategize and with Raji and (probably) Guion back and a lot of DB depth our D will be better
yeah I totally think secondary was the bigger need than ilb. Some of that has to do with how good the Packers offense is. They will score a lot of points and be leading in a lot of games which will force other teams to throw throw throw against them. I thought even last year the games the d struggled it was more in the passing game than the run.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#11 » by xTitan » Sun May 3, 2015 9:15 pm

Matt Rotheram will make the team as an UFA.

Ryan will out play the ILB's drafted ahead of him.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Post#12 » by HKPackFan » Mon May 4, 2015 1:41 am

I think the philosophy is we score a lot of points and this is a passing league so lets invest in pass rushers and secondary.

Agreed ILB is ignored but im thinking that's why it always seems to get overlooked.

Agreed last year was so bad it really cant get worse. Im not even sold on Barrington, he was just better than brad jones i mean it doesnt take much to ne better than worst.

We still may not be great at ILB I think we can get by at average if we are elite at pass rushing and ballhawking secondary and the offense is elite.

You cant be stacked with talent at every position just dont want to be downright awful at any position.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#13 » by wichmae » Mon May 4, 2015 1:52 am

My bold pick is with all the DB's they only keep 3 ILB's Bradford doesnt make team
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Post#14 » by emunney » Mon May 4, 2015 2:50 am

wichmae wrote:My bold pick is with all the DB's they only keep 3 ILB's Bradford doesnt make team

Who are the 3? Barrington, Ryan, Thomas?
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#15 » by wichmae » Mon May 4, 2015 3:33 am

emunney wrote:
wichmae wrote:My bold pick is with all the DB's they only keep 3 ILB's Bradford doesnt make team

Yessir
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#16 » by crkone » Tue May 5, 2015 2:05 pm

I see our RBs as only Lacy and Starks, especially if they keep two FBs (one of which they have thrown back there as a RB before) and have Cobb and Ty to line up back there once in a while.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#17 » by Newz » Tue May 5, 2015 2:54 pm

wichmae wrote:
emunney wrote:

Yessir

Think they just give Bradford the boot, hey?

It sounded like he was pretty horrendous last year. Hopefully he takes a step forward this year and can force his way onto the roster. Your prediction wouldn't shock me though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them moving Clay all over the place again this year.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#18 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue May 5, 2015 3:19 pm

Everything I have seen this offseason has them pretty high on the strides that Bradford has taken at ILB. I think he is going to be a difficult push, but I hope that our ILB position is Barrington, Ryan, Thomas, and Dantzler.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,564

Post#19 » by Profound23 » Tue May 5, 2015 4:09 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Profound23 wrote:You know Rodgers is MVP because if he goes down this team is 5-11 at best, with him they are 11-5 at worst.
sure but isn't that the case with the NFL in general? If you have a good qb u win if you don't then you lose. Look at the final 8 teams last year. Rodgers Romo Wilson cam in the nfc and Brady manning luck and Flacco. Common theme is they all have franchise qbs. It feels like over simplifying it but in today's NFL it's all about the qb.

I think if you look at all teams best case/worst case scenario with or without their star QB, the Packers have the biggest difference.

The Cowboys with Romo before last year went 8-8, 8-8, 6-10, 6-10

Panthers in 2012 with Cam went 7-9

Ravens in 2013 with Flacco went 8-8

Manning is an unknown after the way he ended last year.

The Pats go the opposite way their coaching is so good they went 11-5 with Cassell as their QB. So their floor is only so low without Brady.

I think the Seahawks could still also have a decent record (worst case 7-9) without Wilson because of their defense.

Sure I will agree with Luck though. He is the only guy I would say his team is just as bad as ours without their star QB but just as good as ours with him.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Post#20 » by emunney » Tue May 5, 2015 4:10 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Everything I have seen this offseason has them pretty high on the strides that Bradford has taken at ILB. I think he is going to be a difficult push, but I hope that our ILB position is Barrington, Ryan, Thomas, and Dantzler.

Have you heard things about the coaches being really happy with his progress? I would guess he wouldn't still be here if they weren't at least satisfied, but everything I've read has been about his personal expectations.

As to who makes it, I don't care at all, I just hope they're good. These guys are all easy to root for.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Green Bay Packers