Chargers Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Chargers Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:51 am

Bolts aren't showing much offensively tonight. I expect Burnett and Adams to sit another week and be ready for Denver in 3 weeks.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Re: Chargers Lead Up 

Post#2 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:06 am

Randall is listed as the 9th ranked CB in the league. Will try to find the link that said that but just based on the small sample size through 5 games I think the eye test is showing this kid is legit.

I expect that ranking to go down as his PT increases but wow it seems TT hit one out of the park in the first round.

Kid looks better than 2014 Tramon, house, and 2014 Hayward.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 am

It will be cool to see Lambo kick in Lambeau
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#4 » by FAH1223 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:44 am

Gut wrenching loss for the Chargers.

Lev'on Bell with the game winning TD OUT OF THE WILDCAT with 5 seconds left.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#5 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:47 am

I wish the Steelers had lost because they would've gotten the criticism they deserve for the play call. How do you direct snap it to Bell 7 yards in the backfield in that situation?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#6 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:52 am

Looks like we're going to get a deflated Charger team on a short week. Excellent :)

I think we are a nightmare matchup for them. Our team weakness is defending the run and they don't like to run. They love to pass and we have the 2nd most sacks in the league. Meanwhile all that passing won't help the clock run and keep our offense off the field.

I do like Rivers though. He's underrated.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#7 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:57 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I wish the Steelers had lost because they would've gotten the criticism they deserve for the play call. How do you direct snap it to Bell 7 yards in the backfield in that situation?

It was terrible. Sneak it, and call time out if you don't get it.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,322

Post#8 » by th87 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:58 am

I don't even think he got in.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,850

Post#9 » by BUCKnation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:22 am

Shouldn't have a problem this week, especially at home.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Re: RE: Re: Chargers Lead Up 

Post#10 » by humanrefutation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:38 am

th87 wrote:I don't even think he got in.

He definitely got in.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by humanrefutation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:41 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I wish the Steelers had lost because they would've gotten the criticism they deserve for the play call. How do you direct snap it to Bell 7 yards in the backfield in that situation?

I think they wanted to give him enough room to see the whole line and not just plow forward. He was really patient back there.

That being said, it was risky as hell. Even if Vick sneaks it, no guarantee they get a TO in time if they don't get in. It's not like they're playing Madden. There's a delay between looking to see if he got in, making the call, getting the TO signalled, and calling it.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,322

Post#12 » by th87 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:21 am

humanrefutation wrote:

He definitely got in.

Call stood. Wasn't confirmed. On the replay you can see his knee maybe touching the ground before he moved his arm/ball to the EZ. It's obscured by the defender's hand.

Edit: Watched the replay again - looks like he was juuust in before his knee hit.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,655

Post#13 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 am

It was close but it looked like he got in. I hated that call in the moment. After thinking about it I assume they thought they could run that quick and still get a to. Actually wonder if bell messed up a little hesitating but obviously it worked out best that he did. But that's how bell runs so shouldn't have been a surprise to the coaching staff. The time had run out when he scored but it had just ran out, if he hits the line fast and the coach is next to an official calling an instant to they still would have time if he was stopped.

If San Diego line doesn't play better rivers may not finish the pack game.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:11 pm

McGinn

Part of the reason the Packers aren't able to stretch defenses is their tight end. Richard Rodgers (58 of 62 snaps, including 16 in a three-point stance) led the team in receptions (six) and targets (eight) largely because the Rams paid him little heed. If the Packers want him with the ball in the flats or on check-downs, the Rams weren't concerned. Rodgers never breaks a tackle. He's 270 pounds, but little bitty defensive backs just chop him down with no problem. When he ran a slant from out wide on third and 3, SS T.J. McDonald stopped him from reaching the marker. On a 10-yard screen pass, Rodgers couldn't get CB Janoris Jenkins blocked and the gain was wiped out on his illegal-block penalty. Rodgers' exceptional hands failed him on a dropped 30-yard TD pass. His blocking was uneven, too. Rodgers had to play too much (94%) because rookie Kennard Backman (three) must not be ready. The Packers kept their distance from Jenkins, the Rams' best cover man. When James Jones (57) or Ty Montgomery (61) was across from Jenkins, Aaron Rodgers ignored them. The Rams loaded the box to stop the run, confident that Jenkins, Johnson and nickel Lamarcus Joyner would prevent separation and that bracket-type coverage would contain Randall Cobb (54). The only way Cobb could get the ball was on short turn-outs. Not one time did the Packers line up Cobb alone to a side. He wasn't in the backfield, either. The game plan was static, and the results were just as dull. His bum shoulder seems to be affecting Cobb's normally robust run blocking, too. Montgomery tried a stop-and-go against Jenkins on the second play and was blanketed deep. When Johnson short-circuited on Montgomery's two-man game with Rodgers, the rookie had a gimme 31-yard TD. Disrespecting Jones' ability to blow past him, Johnson gambled and won on the interception. Jones came back against Joyner, beating him on a 17-yard turn-in and outracing everyone for the 65-yard TD. Jones juggled that ball, but he still hasn't dropped one in five games. Jared Abbrederis debuted on the closing kneel-down; Jeff Janis played special teams only. At this point, the Packers seem to have no interest in a four-WR formation.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#15 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Yeah, Quarless going down was a big deal, I don't think that can be understated. A lot of people didn't understand why we used the IR designation on him but it's clear now how important he was/is to the run game and TE depth.

Dick Rod is reliable between the hash marks but he has next to no playmaking ability after the catch. Playing so many snaps also doesn't help, but hopefully Backman can learn the offense quickly and show something in the next few weeks, because we're sorely lacking playmakers at the TE position without Q.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by humanrefutation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:46 pm

th87 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

He definitely got in.

Call stood. Wasn't confirmed. On the replay you can see his knee maybe touching the ground before he moved his arm/ball to the EZ. It's obscured by the defender's hand.

Edit: Watched the replay again - looks like he was juuust in before his knee hit.

He definitely got in. :D
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by humanrefutation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:51 pm

And on the list of "holy **** how did the refs/league let that happen on MNF," you can add this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13876333/pittsburgh-steelers-win-voids-18-second-game-clock-error

Had Bell not scored on that play, however, the NFL would have had another wild controversy on its hands. For reasons that were not immediately clear, 18 seconds ran off the game clock after a touchback at the start of the Steelers' final possession.

If Bell hadn't gotten in, this would have been another disaster for the league.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:57 pm

There has to be someone in NY that monitors every game for stuff like that. You have at most 16 games a week and at most 13 on a Sunday afternoon, there's no reason there can't be a guy(s) to stay on top of egregious mistakes. Whether they are on site or in NY doesn't matter.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#19 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:11 pm

I'd guess because Mike Vick can't pass the football, like at all?
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,270

Post#20 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Fun fact I saw today and didn't realize. We r 5 and 0 and haven't beat a winning team. Combined record of our opponents is something like 8 and 17. So much for a tough first quarter schedule
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.

Return to Green Bay Packers