Bears Leadup

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Bears Leadup 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Looks like it Bart will be there, great news. I don't believe he can speak. Probably his last time at Lambeau.

Forecast is for a lot of rain Thursday and maybe some snow at night.

Just win baby.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Re: Bears Leadup 

Post#2 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I refuse to believe that there's any possibility we lose this game. At Lambeau, facing the Bears, Brett's jersey getting retired, Bart being there for maybe the last time :cry:

Emotionally, there aren't going to be many nights where the crowd is more riled up than this. I think this is another statement game by this defense. If Forte and Jeffery are out for them still, this one shouldn't even be close.

W 35-10
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Re: RE: Bears Leadup 

Post#3 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:58 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Looks like it Bart will be there, great news. I don't believe he can speak. Probably his last time at Lambeau.

Forecast is for a lot of rain Thursday and maybe some snow at night.

Just win baby.

Can't wait for this game. Packing my suitcase and getting ready to fly in for this game.

Unfortunately I can't find my Brett Favre jersey! Ugggh! I have 2 reggie white jerseys which were my go to jerseys I always wore. My Favre jersey hung on the wall for years and year but since we moved no idea where it is..nor was I ever inclined to wear it in the last 5 or 6 years.

My friend bought me a Woodson jersey a few years ago so that's proudly going to be my gameday jersey.

Haven't been to a packers game since Dallas superbowl, haven't been back to Lambeau since longer than that. Man can't wait!
#FreeChuckDiesel
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#4 » by JackSIKMA43 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:30 pm

During the Lovie Smith era, I hated this game, because, for whatever reason, he always had the Bears extremely well-prepared up there, and I'd have to look it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Lovie had a winning record in Lambeau. I'm glad the Trestman era wiped that out. I think the Packers win this game handily. Rodgers is likely to light them up. Go Pack Go.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#5 » by neiLz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:36 pm

I am thinking no Forte or Alshon due to short week. Martellus Bennett looks to have a concussion, so that may keep him out. The bears have zero playmakers on offense. The packers should win easily.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by JackSIKMA43 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:I am thinking no Forte or Alshon due to short week. Martellus Bennett looks to have a concussion, so that may keep him out. The bears have zero playmakers on offense. The packers should win easily.

If Bennett is out, there's no way we lose this game. I'm good with a repeat of last year's 55-14 score, that was beyond the realms of heavenly. I saved the Chicago papers' Sports sections from that game. I mean, come on. 8-)
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:32 pm

It's funny how one win makes everyone's outlook so much brighter - but I honestly still saw many of the same issues which have plagued our offense in the last four games, especially and specifically in the passing game. So, I don't really feel much better about the team, nor do I feel less of a sense of urgency.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:34 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:During the Lovie Smith era, I hated this game, because, for whatever reason, he always had the Bears extremely well-prepared up there, and I'd have to look it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Lovie had a winning record in Lambeau.

4-5 at Lambeau but he lost the last 5 there.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by JackSIKMA43 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:47 pm

trwi7 wrote:
JackSIKMA43 wrote:During the Lovie Smith era, I hated this game, because, for whatever reason, he always had the Bears extremely well-prepared up there, and I'd have to look it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Lovie had a winning record in Lambeau.

4-5 at Lambeau but he lost the last 5 there.

Good, serves him right. That's what he gets for saying, "I'm here to beat Green Bay", the day he was hired. Packers, 21, Bears 14, NFC Champs. No, you're not. The scene from the end of that game, after Shields' pick sealed it, when he slammed his headset to the ground, is one of my most gratifying moments. Like, ever. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base of bacon belly smartasses. We got bragging rights won forever, they're done. High-fives, they go around.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#10 » by BigDee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/668918971723313152[/tweet]
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:43 pm

Bart Starr Jr. is keenly aware of the significance of his father's return to Lambeau Field on Thursday as fellow iconic Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre's No. 4 jersey is retired in a halftime ceremony of the Packers-Bears game.

Barring an unforeseen change in his health, Bart Starr Sr. will fly to Green Bay on Wednesday. Exact details of the ceremony and Starr's role are unknown.

"Dad is determined to make it happen," Bart Jr. said Friday afternoon of his 81-year-old father. "At the beginning of the year, I didn't think he had much of a chance to walk out on Lambeau Field for one last time.

"But here we are, and it's going to happen. Nothing is going to stop us now."

Bart Starr Sr., a Hall of Fame quarterback, played for the Packers from 1956-'71.

Starr suffered two strokes, a heart attack and multiple seizures in Sept. 2014. A big part of his recovery has been the focus on his return to Lambeau Field on Thanksgiving night.

"It's been the goal; we talk about it every day, and that's what athletes respond to," Bart Jr. said. "He's always lived his life that way."

The Starr family has been inspired by the overwhelming support from Packers fans.

"Letters, cards, emails, texts, phone calls, you name it," Bart Jr. said. "The outpouring has really been inspirational."

Bart Starr Sr. completed his second stem-cell treatment two weeks ago in Mexico, but the family has not discussed the impact of the experimental clinical trial. He underwent his first stem-cell treatment in June and has continued extensive therapy to regain strength, motor skills, speech and memory for the past 14 months.

The elder Starr suffered a significant setback in late August, when he was hospitalized for four days with a viral bronchial infection.

On Starr's trip for his follow-up stem-cell treatment, he had dinner in California with former NFL coach and Packers assistant Steve Mariucci and his wife.

"It was my 60th and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday than with Bart and Cherry Starr," said Mariucci, an NFL Network analyst.

Former Chicago tight end and head coach Mike Ditka offered his perspective.

"To have three Hall of Fame quarterbacks of that caliber play for one team is incredible," Ditka said. "I hope Packer fans know how fortunate they are. Bart Starr. Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers. Those are three MVP and Super Bowl players, but also great people who represent the game with class. They are the real deal.

"Lambeau Field will be something else on Thanksgiving night."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:44 pm

The number of injured players for the Green Bay Packers consists of nearly one-third of the 53-man roster, and the short turnaround before Thursday's game does not make the healing process any easier.

The Packers did not practice Monday but released an injury report with approximate designations. Here's a look at the players pushing through various ailments:

Limited participants

WR Davante Adams, ankle
S Morgan Burnett, ankle
LB Jayrone Elliott, ankle
RB Eddie Lacy, ankle
G T.J. Lang, shoulder
LB Clay Matthews, ankle/knee
CB Damarious Randall, hamstring
FB Aaron Ripkowski, ankle
G Josh Sitton, knee

Did not participate

WR Jared Abbrederis, rib/chest
T Bryan Bulaga, knee
DB Micah Hyde, hip
C Corey Linsley, ankle
WR Ty Montgomery, ankle
DT Mike Pennel, quad

Linsley and Hyde were both injured in the win over the Minnesota Vikings and did not return to the game. Hyde re-aggravated a hip problem that bothered him throughout the week. Linsley departed early in the game and was replaced by backup JC Tretter.

Adams, who dealt with an ankle injury earlier in the season, limped off the field and received treatment on the sideline. He later returned to the game.

Ripkowski and Pennel are new additions to the injury report, meaning they were likely hurt against the Vikings.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,960

Post#13 » by RiotPunch » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:31 am

I was definitely a huge Swearinger fan pre-draft in 2013. I hope he sticks.

Getting a brand new TV for this one. I hope we have a feel good turkey day, torching Chicago. I have mixed feelings about Lacy getting the Galloping Gobbler honors though. I want him to have a big game, but I don't want him anywhere near those turkey legs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:57 am

I want to sign Swearinger, just so Bob McGinn can lose his goddamn mind and writers/radio idiots can continue to hold up The Packer Way as a "thing" that Thompson hasn't adhered to, ever, and hasn't claimed to.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:55 am

What did Swearinger do that would make him not part of the "Packer Way?"
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#16 » by chuckleslove » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:04 am

trwi7 wrote:What did Swearinger do that would make him not part of the "Packer Way?"

This was all I could find when I tried to figure that out, biggest takeaway for me is that there is a reporter down there called James Starks. At first I was wondering why the hell James Starks cared about what DJ Swearinger did.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/5/11/8589055/report-heres-why-the-houston-texans-released-d-j-swearinger
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Re: RE: Re: Bears Leadup 

Post#17 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:18 am

chuckleslove wrote:
trwi7 wrote:What did Swearinger do that would make him not part of the "Packer Way?"

This was all I could find when I tried to figure that out, biggest takeaway for me is that there is a reporter down there called James Starks. At first I was wondering why the hell James Starks cared about what DJ Swearinger did.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/5/11/8589055/report-heres-why-the-houston-texans-released-d-j-swearinger

That immediately disqualifies him. Probably worse than a drug arrest in the packers eye
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#18 » by GB_Packers » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:26 am

humanrefutation wrote:It's funny how one win makes everyone's outlook so much brighter - but I honestly still saw many of the same issues which have plagued our offense in the last four games, especially and specifically in the passing game. So, I don't really feel much better about the team, nor do I feel less of a sense of urgency.

They actually managed to move the ball at a decent clip this week and did so against a good defense. Drives stalled but they still did well enough to be in field goal position. A few miscues on timing which will get worked out. Then you had Cobb drop a few wide open passes that would've kept drives going, nothing to that except he needs to hold onto the ball.

Bears are really dinged up and on a very short week, doubt the guys they are missing can come back. If they have no Alshon and Bennett, this shouldn't even be close. Hard not to be optimistic after a 17 point win on the road yesterday in as close to a must win game as you can get.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:11 am

The thing I noticed is there was no press coverage by the Vikings corners. Don't know why they did that. Press our receivers and our offense just completely stalls.

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#20 » by Jollay » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:17 pm

This is huge. We can even the all time series with the Bears for the first time since like 1933.

And...all that other stuff.

Return to Green Bay Packers