8%

Total votes: 24

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

What is the #1 Problem With the Pack? 

Post#1 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:32 am

Vote now.

If you say Other, explain and I'll add it to the poll.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Re: What is the #1 Problem With the Pack? 

Post#2 » by ColeWorld23 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:12 am

All 3
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#3 » by JayMKE » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Probably a combination of all three. Rodgers hasn't played himself, none of receivers can get open, we have like no deep threat at all this year so teams can just stack the box and man up our receivers with no fear at all. It seems like the several times a game somebody does get open Rodgers either misses him or the WR lets the ball bounce off their hands. Lacy is fat and has hand some really bad fumbles this year, we get behind and abandon the run even when it is effective. The offense is just broken, it seems like it probably is time for McCarthy to take back the playcalling. I'll take a few Kuhn draw plays a game if our receivers actually could get open.
FREE GIANNIS
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#4 » by WiscSports1 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:34 pm

There is no one thing. It's a combination of a lot of things.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#5 » by chuckleslove » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:01 pm

All of the above, the defense doesn't deserve this because they are playing at a level capable of winning us a Super Bowl, it is why even though I am so down on how awful they are playing if they could get things clicking they could still be a force come playoff time.

Honestly it isn't all that far off from 2010 when the defense had to bail the offense out many times and we struggled to a 10-6 record.

That is what I keep telling myself, but right now the offense is painful to watch.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,743

Post#6 » by DanoMac » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Why isn't the poor play of the offensive line up there?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#7 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

DanoMac wrote:Why isn't the poor play of the offensive line up there?

Because the line played pretty well last night. They gave up 2 sacks. 1 was when Aaron held the ball forever and the other was the bad snap. Then Lacy and Starks had 144 rushing yards, with both averaging over 5.5 a carry. They obviously weren't the issue last night.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#8 » by BigDee » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 pm

I vote for all 3.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#9 » by El Duderino » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:42 am

Along with that, the coaches fascination with giving Richard Rodgers 50 plus snaps a game even though he's very mediocre as a run blocker and right near the least talented or the least talented receiving TE in the league who gets a lot of snaps. May as well be lining up with 10 guys instead of 11.

I've been watching Packers football a long time and can't recall on what was supposed to be a good team, a more worthless/less productive player get this many snaps on offense. Yet, the coaches keep trotting him out there for high snap totals and often lined up in the slot as if he is Jermichael Finley instead of lead footed Richard Rodgers.

Why don't any reporters ask McCarthy about why this happens week after week?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:00 am

El Duderino wrote:

Along with that, the coaches fascination with giving Richard Rodgers 50 plus snaps a game even though he's very mediocre as a run blocker and right near the least talented or the least talented receiving TE in the league who gets a lot of snaps. May as well be lining up with 10 guys instead of 11.

I've been watching Packers football a long time and can't recall on what was supposed to be a good team, a more worthless/less productive player get this many snaps on offense. Yet, the coaches keep trotting him out there for high snap totals and often lined up in the slot as if he is Jermichael Finley instead of lead footed Richard Rodgers.

Not only is Rodgers on the field way too often, he's often the main option Rodgers goes to for some reason. That little flat route a yard behind the line of scrimmage where he has to make a guy miss to gain any yards, which he never does. Might as well just spike the ball and forfeit the play if that's one of your go to plays.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#11 » by crkone » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:52 am

I think it was telling that Rodgers had to call out the team in a players only meeting for poor preparation. There is just no accountability, sense of urgency, or motivation by the coaching staff. I think that can happen after what 9 years with the same head coach.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#12 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:26 am

Do it for Chuck
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,020

Re: RE: Re: What is the #1 Problem With the Pack? 

Post#13 » by humanrefutation » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:59 am

trwi7 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

Not only is Rodgers on the field way too often, he's often the main option Rodgers goes to for some reason. That little flat route a yard behind the line of scrimmage where he has to make a guy miss to gain any yards, which he never does. Might as well just spike the ball and forfeit the play if that's one of your go to plays.

Rodgers looks towards him because, despite his Bubba-Franksian slowness and lack of quickness, he had a reputation of actually having excellent hands.

And then this season started.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,293

Post#14 » by rilamann » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:39 pm

crkone wrote:I think it was telling that Rodgers had to call out the team in a players only meeting for poor preparation. There is just no accountability, sense of urgency, or motivation by the coaching staff. I think that can happen after what 9 years with the same head coach.

This.

I've never thought Mike McCarthy was more than average NFL head coach,at least on gamedays.But the one thing he always had in his favor,and despite my criticism I always admitted this,the Players liked him.

I don't think the players like or respect him anymore.

I agree with what you said,things have gone stale.But I also think that the players lost a lot of respect and trust in MM and the staff after the NFC Championship game last season.

I said before the season that I felt there is no way in hell a team can choke that hard in a game of that magnitude and come back and be the same team.I thought the Packers would either be really good and win the Super Bowl and get redemption, or they would kind of fall apart and have a black cloud over them,but I felt strongly that game would change the team,good or bad.

When a team has the talent and ability to play well and win games,but they're not playing well and not winning games you're problem is at the top.Which is the same reason why I am starting to wonder about Jason Kidd on the Bucks side of things.

But last I checked the Packers still have Aaron Rodgers and for the most part the same team who dominated everything but the scoreboard in an NFC Championship game less than a year ago.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Green Bay Packers