Packers News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - 2023 Off Season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,214

Re: Packers News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Watkins Released 

Post#1701 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:24 pm

He's somehow only started four games, too.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,046

Post#1702 » by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,214

Post#1703 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter

“Let me tell you, I was made aware of that article,” Rodgers said during his Tuesday appearance with Pat McAfee. “It is by far the dumbest nothingburger article that I’ve read the entire season. I won’t say in my career because last year there was some of the dumbest articles you could possibly imagine. I don’t know if you can ever top the COVID toe Wall Street Journal article. But this was the dumbest article of the year, by far.”

“95 percent of that article was absolute complete horsesh*t and the other five percent is exaggerated nothingness,” Rodgers ranted. “There was something about that it’s not written or stored anywhere, there’s not a file. bull.”

This is interesting for a couple reasons. First of all because it's not like this was taken from anonymous sources. Players were putting their names on it, particularly Love.

Second it comes a day after Watson appeared to miss a sign and there were multiple more instances where Rodgers was yelling at receivers immediately after plays.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,284

Post#1704 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:49 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

“Let me tell you, I was made aware of that article,” Rodgers said during his Tuesday appearance with Pat McAfee. “It is by far the dumbest nothingburger article that I’ve read the entire season. I won’t say in my career because last year there was some of the dumbest articles you could possibly imagine. I don’t know if you can ever top the COVID toe Wall Street Journal article. But this was the dumbest article of the year, by far.”

“95 percent of that article was absolute complete horsesh*t and the other five percent is exaggerated nothingness,” Rodgers ranted. “There was something about that it’s not written or stored anywhere, there’s not a file. bull.”

This is interesting for a couple reasons. First of all because it's not like this was taken from anonymous sources. Players were putting their names on it, particularly Love.

Second it comes a day after Watson appeared to miss a sign and there were multiple more instances where Rodgers was yelling at receivers immediately after plays.

Every time he opens his mouth he hits a new low on the likability scale. Just a miserable prick.
Do it for Chuck
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#1705 » by crkone » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:29 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cobb, schmobb. This guy here is the future. Probably has terrible hands though. :lol:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#1706 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:17 pm

I think the jags did something similar with Agnew. He was a CB and special teams guy who they started running in the Jet, RB and Slot. Playmakers make plays, find ways to get them the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,677

Post#1707 » by th87 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:13 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Every time he opens his mouth he hits a new low on the likability scale. Just a miserable prick.

Not a ringing endorsement for ayahuasca at all. Insufferability should be the least likely outcome.

Also McAfee is super lame for constantly egging on the worst in him and never pushing back.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1708 » by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:59 am

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,050

Post#1709 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Re: Packers News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Jenkins Extended - 4/$68 million 

Post#1710 » by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Glad to have him back! Started off rusty but seems to be back to his old Elgton self and fully recovered from the ACL. Now how do we find a way to move Bahk's salary?
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,897

Post#1711 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:08 pm

I like Jenkins, but I'm surprised he had enough leverage to command a deal like this. Seems a little premature, as he's only played well for less than half the season IMO. Granted, he's back at his best position, but his versatility is a big part of his value and he hasn't proven that he still has it at this point. There's a non-zero chance this could be another albatross like Bakhtiari.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1712 » by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:44 pm

I have a hard time seeing it end up as an "albatross". He's been amazing his first 3 years, goes down with an ACL, comes back within 10 months of going down, starts off a little slow, and is now finally showing he's back to being his old self. He hasn't allowed a pressure since week 10. I think now that he's getting his legs up underneath him, if he needed to go back out to tackle for whatever reason, it would probably go a lot better this time around than directly coming off ACL. He's also 5 years younger than Bahk. That being said, leave him at LG. That's his best spot.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1713 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:59 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I have a hard time seeing it end up as an "albatross". He's been amazing his first 3 years, goes down with an ACL, comes back within 10 months of going down, starts off a little slow, and is now finally showing he's back to being his old self. He hasn't allowed a pressure since week 10. I think now that he's getting his legs up underneath him, if he needed to go back out to tackle for whatever reason, it would probably go a lot better this time around than directly coming off ACL. He's also 5 years younger than Bahk. That being said, leave him at LG. That's his best spot.

Bahktiari signed his extension just a 1.5 months after he turned 29, and Jenkins will be 27 in a few days. So he's basically just 2 years younger than Bakhtiari was, but has already torn an ACL and is not the best player in the league at a premier position. I'm fine with giving him a good contract, but I'm not convinced they needed to give him this much at this point.

I admit I'm probably a little shell-shocked from Bakhtiari's recovery, but the NFL is brutal, and this is basically the kind of contract I would have expected for him if he had never torn his ACL. That said, they see him working every day, so if they're sure he's 100% and just as likely as ever to stay that way, then I guess I have to defer to them.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#1714 » by neiLz » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:00 pm

line should be set unless they cut bahk (unlikely). Keep Tom at RT and this line is elite. If you have a old QB, you need a great OLINE. This line should be together for at least 2 more seasons. Now get a DC.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1715 » by Treebeard » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:00 pm

Good. I'm definitely OK with it. No matter what major roster decisions are done this offseason, they need a top quality O Line. Jenkins ability to play more than one position - very well - makes him extra valuable.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1716 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:17 pm

neiLz wrote:line should be set unless they cut bahk (unlikely). Keep Tom at RT and this line is elite. If you have a old QB, you need a great OLINE. This line should be together for at least 2 more seasons. Now get a DC.

Not related to Jenkins, but why wouldn't they cut Bahktiari? I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but he's not nearly worth the ~$6m (?) difference between his salary and his dead cap right now, and I'm not sure there's any rational basis for hoping he will get any better at this point. He's barely worth a roster spot. A torn ACL can still basically be a career-ending injury if the surgery isn't successful, as rare as that is these days.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1717 » by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:55 pm

Yeah, I think this Elgton signing, if anything, could mean bahk will be gone unless he restructures his deal to be way more team friendly. His health just hasn’t been the same. Move forward with Tom and draft another tackle to develop behind Yosh for a year or two.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 274

Post#1718 » by Reddeye » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,637

Post#1719 » by LikeABosh » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:18 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I like Jenkins, but I'm surprised he had enough leverage to command a deal like this. Seems a little premature, as he's only played well for less than half the season IMO. Granted, he's back at his best position, but his versatility is a big part of his value and he hasn't proven that he still has it at this point. There's a non-zero chance this could be another albatross like Bakhtiari.

The deal is a discount compared to his trajectory last year. He likely would have been one of the highest paid tackles (+$20 million) if not for his injury and rough start this year. I'm happy just paying him elite guard money instead.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1720 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:00 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
The deal is a discount compared to his trajectory last year. He likely would have been one of the highest paid tackles (+$20 million) if not for his injury and rough start this year. I'm happy just paying him elite guard money instead.

I suppose that's another way to look at it, and you can't be scared to sign contracts like this just because of Bakhtiari.

I'm also hoping for an inevitable rebuild very soon, but maybe he will be an asset at this cost, whether it's as part of the future or as a trade chip.

Return to Green Bay Packers