Game 3: Packers at Buccaneers - 3:25 - FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,540

Game 3: Packers at Buccaneers - 3:25 - FOX 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:10 am

The debut of Bakhtiari. He'll be rusty no doubt. Hopefully he holds up.

I hate the Bucs, let's win this damn game. Time for the defense to step up.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,824

Re: Game 3: Packers at Buccaneers - 3:25 - FOX 

Post#2 » by RubberSoul » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:01 am

I wish they’d move Jenkins back to G. Tom to RT. Seems like both players best positions but our coaches definitely like to overthink OL decisions that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#3 » by Mtsportsfan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:45 pm

RubberSoul wrote:I wish they’d move Jenkins back to G. Tom to RT. Seems like both players best positions but our coaches definitely like to overthink OL decisions that’s for sure.
I was thinking the same except Yosh to rt . seems like he has done a good enough job at LT .

LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,637

Post#4 » by LikeABosh » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:58 pm

RubberSoul wrote:I wish they’d move Jenkins back to G. Tom to RT. Seems like both players best positions but our coaches definitely like to overthink OL decisions that’s for sure.

I like Yoshi at RT. Can't forget about him. Tom and Jenkins at G would be great though
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#5 » by M-C-G » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 pm

LikeABosh wrote:

I like Yoshi at RT. Can't forget about him. Tom and Jenkins at G would be great though

Have we played Yosh at RT? I like him there theoretically but for developmental guys like him, I kind of wonder if getting the LT down (technique, footwork, etc.) doesn't really assure you he can handle the RT role. I've heard OL guys say it reverses all of your technique.

But yeah, if he can hang there, get Jenkins back to LG and slide Runyan over to right and have Tom be the first guy to plug in.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Cobb in, Watson out
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Maybe the coaches overthink the OL or maybe we do. I'll defer to their judgement although our 20/20 hindsight is spot on. 8-)
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#8 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:33 pm

First the knee and now a hammy issue for Watson*. Hammy issues can be a continual bitch

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#9 » by WRau1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:46 pm

If our patchwork WR core keeps this up, Aaron Jones might win MVP just because we have to force feed him to stay in games.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:25 pm

Watson and Watkins out. Cobb has been sick all week. Time for the defense to step up. Campbell has been lousy. Walker has rookie growing pains. Stokes hasn't been good.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:35 pm

I feel like they will get pressure on Brady, if their run D can be better than last week they should hold their offense down.

Packers have the best pressure rate in the NFL through week 2 by a healthy margin, so the front 7 is doing their job.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,637

Post#12 » by LikeABosh » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:45 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:

Have we played Yosh at RT? I like him there theoretically but for developmental guys like him, I kind of wonder if getting the LT down (technique, footwork, etc.) doesn't really assure you he can handle the RT role. I've heard OL guys say it reverses all of your technique.

But yeah, if he can hang there, get Jenkins back to LG and slide Runyan over to right and have Tom be the first guy to plug in.

I think I'm suffering through the mandela effect. I swear he played RT last year but I guess not
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#13 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:46 pm

Feels like a Dillion game, wear the bucs d down in this heat with your bruiser. Plus with fast LBa you're better off running right at them vs trying to out run them to the outside.

Not too concerned about WRs. No Watkins or Watson just means more Doubs and some Winfree and I don't think that's a significant drop off.
Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,316

Post#14 » by rilamann » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:40 pm

I don't know why but MLF is starting to give me Mike McCarthy vibes.

Like we will probably have a decent chance to win this game if we run the hell out of the ball, but I have this bad feeling MLF's gameplan will be to play into the Buc's hands throw it 30+ times. Not going to beat the Bucs throwing the ball a bunch of times. Plus, Aaron Rodgers **** the bed in a big game with Tom Brady on the other side is probably the safest bet in the league today.

Pound the ball and hope the defense shows up big.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#15 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:48 pm

Tampa has one of the best run defenses in the NFL, and are also good at stopping underneath routes and check downs. Unfortunately on top of this we are missing our 2 best deep threats, I expect our offense to struggle a ton in this one. If we pull it out it'll need to be something like 13-10
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,752

Post#16 » by TroyD92 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:54 pm

rilamann wrote:I don't know why but MLF is starting to give me Mike McCarthy vibes.

Like we will probably have a decent chance to win this game if we run the hell out of the ball, but I have this bad feeling MLF's gameplan will be to play into the Buc's hands throw it 30+ times. Not going to beat the Bucs throwing the ball a bunch of times. Plus, Aaron Rodgers **** the bed in a big game with Tom Brady on the other side is probably the safest bet in the league today.

I don't think you can just run the ball against Tampa.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#17 » by Mags FTW » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:54 pm

rilamann wrote:I don't know why but MLF is starting to give me Mike McCarthy vibes.

MLF never had a receiving corps of Jordy/Adams/Cobb/Cook or Jennings/Nelson/Driver. Not comparable.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#18 » by rilamann » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:13 pm

TroyD92 wrote:

I don't think you can just run the ball against Tampa.

Not saying we should be one dimensional, but the offense needs to start and finish with Jones & Dillon if we're going have a shot. If MLF gets into the Rodgers vs Brady hype and tries to throw the ball a ton of times, we're going to get destroyed. Mostly because of the Buc's ability to rush the passer vs our pass protection but also because the hall of famer Aaron Rodgers has a tendency to not play like a hall of famer in games like this.

If there was one team that might actually be able to have some success running the ball against this Tampa Bay defense, it might be us. We'll see, hopefully.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#19 » by rilamann » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:15 pm

Mags FTW wrote:

MLF never had a receiving corps of Jordy/Adams/Cobb/Cook or Jennings/Nelson/Driver. Not comparable.

Fair enough but I am starting to get bad vibes from.

I think MLF's gameplan week 1 against Minnesota has me paranoid now.....lol.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#20 » by LittleRooster » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:17 pm

Would have liked to see Toure active

Return to Green Bay Packers