Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,250

Giants Lead up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 3, 2022 12:56 am

8:30 am CDT Start in London NFLN and Channel 4 locally

Sucks we give up a home game to play there and Minny had a road game there instead of playing in New Orleans.

Not sure who is playing QB for the Giants.

Jaire expected back.

Barkley could run for 200 if we don't shore up the run defense.

Doubs getting more comfortable, TD drop not withstanding. Cobb reliable. Like to see Watson catch some passes. Jones too. And more Big Bob.

Win pretty or win ugly, just win.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Re: Giants Lead up 

Post#2 » by LittleRooster » Mon Oct 3, 2022 1:40 am

I’ll be at the game! Leaving for London on Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 3, 2022 1:53 am

LittleRooster wrote:I’ll be at the game! Leaving for London on Thursday

Keep us updated. And pics.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#4 » by LittleRooster » Mon Oct 3, 2022 1:59 am

MickeyDavis wrote:

Keep us updated. And pics.

I will try!

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,189

Post#5 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:02 am

I'm kind of surprised the Packers had to give up a home game. Couldn't they find another team that doesn't sell out and bribe them this way?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:07 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm kind of surprised the Packers had to give up a home game. Couldn't they find another team that doesn't sell out and bribe them this way?

It's tough because everyone sells out when they play us. Washington would have seemed logical this season but they didn't want to give up their largest crowd other than Dallas. This was the "extra" Packer home game but it would have been a nice extra payday for Green Bay businesses who depend on Packer income and were hurt during the pandemic.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#7 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:18 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm kind of surprised the Packers had to give up a home game. Couldn't they find another team that doesn't sell out and bribe them this way?

It's tough because everyone sells out when they play us. Washington would have seemed logical this season but they didn't want to give up their largest crowd other than Dallas. This was the "extra" Packer home game but it would have been a nice extra payday for Green Bay businesses who depend on Packer income and were hurt during the pandemic.

Ya that's the only bummer about Packer fans traveling so well. No one wants to give up a home game with us as the opponent.

Does suck though because I'm sure Green Bay area relies on that game day income more than any other team in the NFL, so fairly crappy they did that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#8 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:19 am

How'd you score tix? I heard they sold out in 10 minutes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#9 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 3, 2022 10:36 am

HKPackFan wrote:

How'd you score tix? I heard they sold out in 10 minutes.

You can buy on viagogo for 300 bucks:
https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/American-Football/NFL/Green-Bay-Packers-Tickets/E-150020822

I'd like to attend this game considering that I live in Berlin, but my wife is 37-week pregnant, so it's a no-go.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#10 » by LUKE23 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 12:34 pm

Packers D 5th in yards and 7th in points so far.

They are allowing 5.0 YPC though, which is pretty ridiculous. I know we sell out to stop the pass but they need to be able to adapt and do both. Barkley will be a good test. Feel like they should be selling out to stop him until the Giants prove they can do anything else.
MVP2110
Head Coach
And1: 3,137

Post#11 » by MVP2110 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 1:14 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

This was partly made up by having the soccer game in town atleast
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#12 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:39 pm

With a 17 game schedule I don't know why they don't just expand the nuetral site games to 16 overall using some college venues here in the US and have every team play one every year.

Could do a program with 8 North American game and 8 over seas and rotate so you only leave the continent every other year. It would be cool to see pro games at Notre Dame or LSU.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 10,002

Post#13 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Oct 3, 2022 4:55 pm

I said something about this prior to yesterday's game but it's even more clear to me now that they need to seriously consider moving Jenkins back to guard this year and letting Nijman handle RT. Jenkins had some rough moments yesterday.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#14 » by neiLz » Mon Oct 3, 2022 5:02 pm

Going to be In door county for the weekend . Anyone know of a good spot to watch the game?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#15 » by skones » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:17 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Packers D 5th in yards and 7th in points so far.

They are allowing 5.0 YPC though, which is pretty ridiculous. I know we sell out to stop the pass but they need to be able to adapt and do both. Barkley will be a good test. Feel like they should be selling out to stop him until the Giants prove they can do anything else.

With Jones nursing an ankle and actually being removed from the game, plus Tyrod Taylor going out with a concussion, they won't even be gameplanning to do anything else than run the football.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#16 » by skones » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:20 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
With a 17 game schedule I don't know why they don't just expand the nuetral site games to 16 overall using some college venues here in the US and have every team play one every year.

Could do a program with 8 North American game and 8 over seas and rotate so you only leave the continent every other year. It would be cool to see pro games at Notre Dame or LSU.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

The payoff internationally for the league is expansion of the sport. That's not a draw for the league here in the states and you further mess with game-day revenue streams.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#17 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:34 pm

Giants were basically running wildcat for a good portion of the end of the game since they had no quarterback. Daniel Jones was only in the game apparently b/c he had the communication in his helmet.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:44 pm

Talk of a "European" NFL conference has disappeared. I don't see that ever happening. But they certainly want to build up interest over there. $$$ drives everything. Jerseys and other gear. And TV contracts. They'll never approach football US ratings but they could see some hefty TV revenue down the road.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#19 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 3, 2022 7:02 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if they are using this season with 1 week turnarounds on Europe trips as the testbed for a london team. They've always allowed for a bye after one of these in the past, so it'll be interesting to see how the travel and team performances go.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,854

Post#20 » by JayMKE » Mon Oct 3, 2022 7:57 pm

Europe is not ever going to be a viable football market, its just a gimmick.

Hopefully last time the Packers have to do this, if they’re giving a game up at Lambeau they should play in Milwaukee
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Green Bay Packers