Game 5: Packers vs. Giants - 10/9/22 - 8:30 a.m. - NFLN/Channel 4

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,183

Re: Game 5: Packers vs. Giants - 10/9/22 - 8:30 a.m. - NFLN/Channel 4 

Post#561 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:10 am

Meanwhile McVay and the Rams have one of the worst offenses in the league this season.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#562 » by Mags FTW » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:38 am

I hate how blah our D looks compared to teams like the 49ers. They always look strong and fast.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,865

Post#563 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:30 am

Mags FTW wrote:I hate how blah our D looks compared to teams like the 49ers. They always look strong and fast.

Or Dallas' defense. Or Tampa's. Our defense always sucks, it's beyond irritating.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#564 » by skones » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 am

Re: MLF. I think he's an elite people manager in this league and a meh gameday guy. We have major issues beginning to crop up if guys are already talking about losing to the Jets in the locker room. Need a new voice for the defense or have Barry dramatically alter his approach ASAP, otherwise we've pissed away a season.

NFL locker rooms can get toxic pretty fast if history has shown us anything. If MLF loses his on account of a defensive scheme, that's 100% on him.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,233

Post#565 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:43 am

skones wrote:Re: MLF. I think he's an elite people manager in this league and a meh gameday guy. We have major issues beginning to crop up if guys are already talking about losing to the Jets in the locker room. Need a new voice for the defense or have Barry dramatically alter his approach ASAP, otherwise we've pissed away a season.

NFL locker rooms can get toxic pretty fast if history has shown us anything. If MLF loses his on account of a defensive scheme, that's 100% on him.
Did MLF not bring Barry in to run the defense exactly like he wants? I don't see them getting rid of him so soon, but surely they'll change it up

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#566 » by TroyD92 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:25 am

Didn't players call out Barry around this time last year too?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,506

Post#567 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:30 am

There's plenty of criticism for the offense, but wow did this D really give up 27pts to this hobbled depleted offense?

Stun.
#FreeChuckDiesel
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#568 » by stillgotgame » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:16 am

HKPackFan wrote:There's plenty of criticism for the offense, but wow did this D really give up 27pts to this hobbled depleted offense?

Stun.

5 consecutive drives with points for the Giants. Their top 2 receivers today caught 10 passes in the game- they had caught 1 combined between them before this week. Our D is pathetic.

When/what is MLF responsible for?

We run a garbage zone on D, but that’s on Barry?
We have an all-pro guard sucking at RT, I guess that’s on the line coach?
We have a player that doesn’t belong in the NFL returning punts & kicks, guess that’s the special teams coach?
We have a hall of fame/mvp QB changing all the plays to passes. That’s on Rodgers because why?

Someone tell me what MLF does?
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#569 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:45 am

stillgotgame wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:There's plenty of criticism for the offense, but wow did this D really give up 27pts to this hobbled depleted offense?

Stun.

5 consecutive drives with points for the Giants. Their top 2 receivers today caught 10 passes in the game- they had caught 1 combined between them before this week. Our D is pathetic.

We have a player that doesn’t belong in the NFL returning punts & kicks, guess that’s the special teams coach?
We have a hall of fame/mvp QB changing all the plays to passes. That’s on Rodgers because why?

Do you expect MLF to be the GM, defensive coordinator, and special teams coach? Bench the hall of fame/MVP? You can read about who he is and what his processes are here.
stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#570 » by stillgotgame » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:07 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

Stun.

Do you expect MLF to be the GM, defensive coordinator, and special teams coach? Bench the hall of fame/MVP? You can read about who he is and what his processes are here.

Nice article about him. He inherited a hall of fame QB, LT, and WR, then put in an offense more advanced than Mike McCarthy. Pretty impressive.
He doesn’t like the cold, that projects real well.

Right now all he’s done is win some regular season games with a loaded veteran offense. We have clear and obvious problems to everyone on this board with our defensive scheme, Jenkins playing right tackle and less important but just as obvious Amari returning kicks. Also we throw the ball way too much considering how good our run game is. If he’s ever going to be more than a glorified offensive coordinator he needs to put his foot down on some of this, or better all of them. If that means benching Rodgers to make a point that RPO means an option to throw not just go for the glory than why not? MLF is the head coach, needs to man up.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#571 » by JayMKE » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:27 am

Everything this team does seems way more difficult for us than other teams. Lafluer not being to manage Rodgers is not surprising, I guess hiring the youngest bestest looking coach isn’t a virtue in itself. We’re not an explosive team on offense or defense, the defining characteristic more than anything seems to be softness. Don’t think you can blame Rodgers for our personnel problems, we haven’t given him the tools.
FREE GIANNIS
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#572 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:28 am

stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

Nice article about him. He inherited a hall of fame QB, LT, and WR, then put in an offense more advanced than Mike McCarthy. Pretty impressive.

Right now all he’s done is win some regular season games with a loaded veteran offense. We have clear and obvious problems to everyone on this board with our defensive scheme, Jenkins playing right tackle and less important but just as obvious Amari returning kicks. Also we throw the ball way too much considering how good our run game is. If he’s ever going to be more than a glorified offensive coordinator he needs to put his foot down on some of this, or better all of them. If that means benching Rodgers to make a point that RPO means an option to throw not just go for the glory than why not? MLF is the head coach, needs to man up.

The other nonsense aside ("why not bench the quarterback, man up"), you think there's a clear and obvious problem with Jenkins? He was an elite tackle last season.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,343

Post#573 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:31 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I hate how blah our D looks compared to teams like the 49ers. They always look strong and fast.

Our defense always sucks, it's beyond irritating.

It's because the Packers have a policy of only hiring **** defensive coordinators.

Investing this much on the defense then having Joe Barry run the defense would be like buying a $5000 suit and then wearing it with some shoes from payless.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#574 » by stillgotgame » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:48 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

The other nonsense aside ("why not bench the quarterback, man up"), you think there's a clear and obvious problem with Jenkins? He was an elite tackle last season.

I don’t think he gave up a sack today but he was responsible for several pressures. I went to the Patriots game, Judon owned him. He’s just too slow outside. He belongs inside, get his legs & his confidence back and hopefully return to form.

MLF being Rodgers buddy only goes so far. He’s got to coach him.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,272

Post#575 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:25 am

On the plus side, Jenkins struggling at RT will make his price tag cheaper. It's cheaper to extend a guard than it is to extend a tackle.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#576 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:39 am

skones wrote:We have major issues beginning to crop up if guys are already talking about losing to the Jets in the locker room. Need a new voice for the defense or have Barry dramatically alter his approach ASAP, otherwise we've pissed away a season.

So we can start saying that Z was right when he said he changed the Packers attitude? For some reason Vikings is doing well this season, way better than us.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,034

Post#577 » by Daver » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am

stillgotgame wrote:

Stun.

That jenkins at tackle really surprises me as you dont see many teams moving a all pro guard to tackle thats almost as bad as starting turner at left tackle against the niners last year.Everytjing you said is and should be on MLF.There wasnt 1 football know it all that understood why MLF brought in berry as DC and questions abounded after last years loss to SF why turner was playing LG.
This year wth is Jenkins at RT when hes a all pro guard.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,972

Post#578 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:52 pm

I don't know how to parcel out the blame on offense between MLF and Rodgers. It's clear he's both trying to run his offense while also allowing Rodgers to do enough of what he wants to manage his massive ego.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,984

Post#579 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Rodgers deep ball accuracy has been a problem the last few seasons, and MLF doesn't get enough credit for covering up for that. But wow, didn't think it would crater this badly. Whatever the issues are, Rodgers and MLF need a come-to-Jesus moment with this offense and understand that this is a run-first team now. FYI, the batted pass on 4th down was 100% on Rodgers. Like....it was an RPO. How is this even a debate?

Barry can also **** right off with his insistence on continually running the Cover-2 BS. I can somewhat excuse the gameplan because the penalties killed us more than anything, but we're wasting the best pass rush we've had in decades by not playing more man coverage and just trusting our speed. Same ****, different day.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,030

Post#580 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:33 pm

humanrefutation wrote:On the plus side, Jenkins struggling at RT will make his price tag cheaper. It's cheaper to extend a guard than it is to extend a tackle.

Curious how this plays out. It's been reported he expects to be paid as a RT regardless of how much he plays there this season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers