ImageImage

Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#181 » by Profound23 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:12 am

jschligs wrote:Khalil Herbert or Tyler Allgier? Half PPR.

My strategy of DJ Moore and Herbert actually being decent this year isn't paying off so far.

Chargers face Vikes, Raiders, Bears, KC, Lions, GB in 4 of their next 4 of their next 8 games so I expect a lot of points from Herbert (and whoever is RB is). Not sure about the Dallas/NYJ match up.

I would go Herbert just because he is the starter, but I understand why you're questioning it after last week.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#182 » by LittleRooster » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:33 am

Frank Nova wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Ppr. Doubs, M Thomas, or Dj Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gut feeling says Thomas but Doubs is gonna be a solid option all season. I wouldn’t trust Dj Moore at all as anything more than a bye week filler. He’s gonna have a few good games but they’re gonna be inconsistent and hard to predict even against juicy matchups. Bears passing attack is gonna be trash until they get a qb that can pass.

Thank you and Riot, I was also leaning Thomas, so I’ll stick with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#183 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:36 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:Couldn’t figure out who to drop for Kelley so I dropped my Kkicker just to secure him. Now I have to pay Paul. I still need a kicker and the candidates are D.Cook, Akers, Elijah Moore, or Nico Collins. I have JT sitting in my IR slot and completely thought I had another available…so now I need to drop someone. Any thoughts? Full ppr.

If those are the cut candidates who are the starters? In a vacuum I’m probably cutting Cook or Nico

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Appreciate the possible kind words. I hate my bench…but I’m afraid to lose them. Picked up Nico after dropping Kincaid for Gibson and subsequently dropping Gibson. I don’t trust any of the to NOT get me <5pts. I do think my starters are top notch but I got a pretty **** grade from Yahoo.

Note: DaVonta was my keeper from last year and cost me a 7th to keep

QB:Lamar
RB1/2:Ekeler/Bijan*
WR1/2:DK/D.Smith
TE:Hoch
W/T:Pickens
W/R:Pacheco
W/R/T:Doubs
IR:JT

*(had the turn at the end and ran to the podium for this set

Keepers were set prior to draft order and the guy that got 1:1 had set to keep Diggs. Keepers cost an extra round from the round they were originally drafted. So he picked Diggs in 2nd around and was positioned for it to cost him a first this year. 1st mistake out of the gate. Ouch. Set the whole first round up for a really weird playout. I generally cringe at the hype rookie RB of a given year, but the drop off seemed huge after those.

You have more faith in Akers than Cook? Those would be my top2 chopping block.

I know this is too late now, but yeah, Akers seems like he is on the outs again. That dude must be a real problem in the locker room to be that talented and constantly on the trade block.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#184 » by skones » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:49 pm

M-C-G wrote:
I know this is too late now, but yeah, Akers seems like he is on the outs again. That dude must be a real problem in the locker room to be that talented and constantly on the trade block.

As someone who was on the Akers train, yes, absolute WOOF for this to happen a second time after he ended last season the way he did and the things they'd said about him all offseason. With that being said, he's had like 4 talent games throughout his entire career, the results haven't actually been here, so it may be that his talent has just been overstated.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#185 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:53 pm

skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

As someone who was on the Akers train, yes, absolute WOOF for this to happen a second time after he ended last season the way he did and the things they'd said about him all offseason. With that being said, he's had like 4 talent games throughout his entire career, the results haven't actually been here, so it may be that his talent has just been overstated.

I'm absolutely not sure what to make of him any longer. I definitely bought in to the finish last year and thought they were going to try and ride him to a 1600 yard season. I guess I was wrong and extremely confused as to why he is back on the outs after McVay said he was going to be a 'big part' of the offense.
skones
RealGM

Post#186 » by skones » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:50 pm

M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I'm absolutely not sure what to make of him any longer. I definitely bought in to the finish last year and thought they were going to try and ride him to a 1600 yard season. I guess I was wrong and extremely confused as to why he is back on the outs after McVay said he was going to be a 'big part' of the offense.

Because McVay is a terrorist in the same way Dan Campbell is with Jahmyr Gibbs.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#187 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:47 pm

Had to make a decision on Taylor in a keeper league before all the BS so kept him. Took Ekeler with my first redraft pick. Reached for Christian Watson with my next redraft pick... so yeah I'm 0-2 and already very annoyed with fantasy football lol

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,321

Post#188 » by RiotPunch » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:27 am

IDK what I expected, but I really hate Carr as an Olave owner. I complained about him last week and it sparked a big day for Olave, so here I am once again complaining. Terrible QB.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
skones
RealGM

Post#189 » by skones » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:41 am

RiotPunch wrote:IDK what I expected, but I really hate Carr as an Olave owner. I complained about him last week and it sparked a big day for Olave, so here I am once again complaining. Terrible QB.

Honestly, I thought that offense was going to hum along, but Kamara is a part of that. Being surrounded by high volume possession guys in Thomas, Olave, and Kamara should be an ideal fit IMO.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#190 » by tski1972 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:09 am

Would you trade Derrick Henry for Kyren Williams and Jahmyr Gibbs? It’s a ppr league, non keeper.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
skones
RealGM

Post#191 » by skones » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:16 am

tski1972 wrote:Would you trade Derrick Henry for Kyren Williams and Jahmyr Gibbs? It’s a ppr league, non keeper.

Yes. I think that's a home run. Kyren Williams is going to catch A LOT of balls and may finish above Henry on his own with how awful that offense looks in Tennessee.
skones
RealGM

Post#192 » by skones » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:49 pm

We are building a world beater in 12 team PPR.

Spoiler:
QB: Josh Allen
RB: Derrick Henry
RB: Josh Jacobs
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Puka Nacua
TE: Dalton Kincaid
Flex: Jahmyr Gibbs
DEF: Chiefs (Stream)
K: Jake Moody
Bench: Jaylen Warren
Bench: Tyjae Spears
Bench: Tank Dell
Bench: Zamir White
Bench: Craig Reynolds

Managed to flip Swift off his banger with Flowers to an 0-2 team in desperate need of a receiver.
skones
RealGM

Post#193 » by skones » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:25 pm

For those looking for RBs, go out and grab these guys if you have the room:
Craig Reynolds - Lions signed Zonavan Knight which makes me think the Montgomery injury is more serious than just a bruise. That looks like he'll miss some time. RB2 Upside immediately with Monty out.
Pierre Strong - Dude has JUICE on his college tape. The Browns are going to run a lot, Hunt looked blegh at best last year, he's a flier for a few weeks until the dust settles.
Sean Tucker - still not a believer in White and Edmonds is banged up.
Kendre Miller - Williams has a hammy, the thunder to Kamara's lightning is up in the air, and they spent 3rd round draft capital
Ty Chandler - Mattison Blows
Keontay Ingram - Conner is always one play away from missing games
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#194 » by jschligs » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:38 pm

Just traded Kenneth Walker + $9 FAAB for AJ Brown.

Feel good about it but having some remorse as I loved Walker. Someone talk sense into me. I needed WR and had a lot of backs.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#195 » by RiotPunch » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:54 pm

jschligs wrote:Just traded Kenneth Walker + $9 FAAB for AJ Brown.

Feel good about it but having some remorse as I loved Walker. Someone talk sense into me. I needed WR and had a lot of backs.

Brown is an undisputed alpha; Walker is not the most durable dude and has a really talented backup in Charbonnet waiting in the wings. Well done!
#FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager

Post#196 » by jschligs » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:59 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Brown is an undisputed alpha; Walker is not the most durable dude and has a really talented backup in Charbonnet waiting in the wings. Well done!

Best part is I have Charbonnet (he didn’t have me include him for some reason) and after last year for Walker I wouldn’t be surprised to see something happen.

I feel good about my team. D Henry, A Jones, Waddle, Amon Ra, AJ Brown, M Sanders/Burks/Edwards/Woods as flex. Our league doesn’t do TEs, all WR slots are WR/TE. We also did a 2 QB league this year and with 12 teams it’s stupid. Never again.
skones
RealGM

Post#197 » by skones » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:05 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with this. Smith had only 9 fewer targets last season and is currently tied with him in targets this year. Couple that with Jalen Hurts throwing the ball, and I'm not sure we don't see regression there this year from last. Hurts threw 22 TD's last year and Brown caught HALF of them which, again, just on the surface, feels like a bit of an outlier. If the league is PPR, I certainly think you won the deal, if not, then it's probably closer to lateral on player value and a win if you needed the WR and you have other options at RB.

Should also be said that I'm out on Charbonnet this year. I think it's actually Walker in his role that's undisputed.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#198 » by jschligs » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:31 pm

It is PPR, and I desperately needed WRs to fill out the roster. I don’t think Charbonnet takes any carries away, but if Walker goes down I have a RB3 starting RB (potentially).
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#199 » by M-C-G » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:10 pm

jschligs wrote:It is PPR, and I desperately needed WRs to fill out the roster. I don’t think Charbonnet takes any carries away, but if Walker goes down I have a RB3 starting RB (potentially).

As someone that has too many shares of Kupp and not hardly any Puka, I have my eye on Watson from KC. He seems like the one guy Mahomes trusts other than Kelce. Might be something to consider for deeper leagues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#200 » by RiotPunch » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:53 am

skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with this. Smith had only 9 fewer targets last season and is currently tied with him in targets this year. Couple that with Jalen Hurts throwing the ball, and I'm not sure we don't see regression there this year from last. Hurts threw 22 TD's last year and Brown caught HALF of them which, again, just on the surface, feels like a bit of an outlier. If the league is PPR, I certainly think you won the deal, if not, then it's probably closer to lateral on player value and a win if you needed the WR and you have other options at RB.

Should also be said that I'm out on Charbonnet this year. I think it's actually Walker in his role that's undisputed.

I did phrase that weirdly. I mean Brown is an alpha talent, no disputing that. Within the confines of the Philly offense and with Hurts as QB, consistency is an issue. Smith and Goedert will have their weeks, etc. I also assumed it was PPR, and you want Brown's insane ceiling the weeks Hurts is looking his way. No knock on Walker, he helped get me the ship off waivers last season.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers