Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Re: Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#241 » by Swan Vox » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:49 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Enough is enough. Ekeler was a big reason why I won my league last year, but this season has been ridiculous. I know his schedule gets really juicy next week, but he is not being utilized properly or might even be dealing with his injury lingering. I struck a deal-- Ekeler+Pittman for Diggs+Waddle.

Don't blame you at all. Every year I have avoided him because I believed he was overrated.....this year I was at the end of the first round and he was still there so I took him. I definitely regret it so far.

For him it has always been the *kinds* of touches he gets. Last year with Allen out he was getting run-game touches AND an insane volume of checkdowns in the passing game, where he is truly elite-- with the ball in space. IDK what the **** Staley and that staff is doing, they are giving him poor quality touches, putting him in bad spots. Relieved to be able to abort. Now I have the Allen to Diggs connection and hope to flip Waddle or Olave for another Top-20ish RB.

I was looking for a RB after the Jerome Ford injury yesterday and had the choice between a Garrett Wilson for Isiah Pacheco trade or a CeeDee Lamb for Austin Ekeler deal. Just couldn't bring myself to go all in on Ekeler, despite the upside. Took what looks to be more of a safe bet with Pacheco.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#242 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:12 pm

I need to start one of these guys in my FLEX (full PPR) and I'm very torn:

Najee Harris against Green Bay
Christian Kirk against the Niners.

Thoughts?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,905

Post#243 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:25 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I need to start one of these guys in my FLEX (full PPR) and I'm very torn:

Thoughts?

Hope you went Harris lol but Kirk did well too.

Thoughts on this trade. Here is my squad in half point ppr 12 man.

RBs: A. Jones, D. Henry, D. Foreman, E. Mitchell, M. Sanders (for now)
WR/TEs: Amon-Ra, AJ Brown, Waddle, Deebo, Rashee Rice, D. Kincaid (we don't do dedicated TE sots), Watson

I think I want to send A. Jones and Waddle for Godwin and Javonte Williams. I like Williams touches lately and don't believe in Jones thanks to Packers and LaFluer.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,209

Post#244 » by skones » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:54 pm

jschligs wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I need to start one of these guys in my FLEX (full PPR) and I'm very torn:

Thoughts?

WR/TEs: Amon-Ra, AJ Brown, Waddle, Deebo, Rashee Rice, D. Kincaid (we don't do dedicated TE sots), Watson

I think I want to send A. Jones and Waddle for Godwin and Javonte Williams. I like Williams touches lately and don't believe in Jones thanks to Packers and LaFluer.

I think you should aim higher than Williams and target a top 12 back instead of a WR return in a 2 for 1. Then go grab Pop Douglas, Rondale Moore, or Michael Wilson. Those Arizona receivers are about to see a big uptick with Murray under center.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#245 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:09 pm

skones wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Thoughts?

I think you should aim higher than Williams and target a top 12 back instead of a WR return in a 2 for 1. Then go grab Pop Douglas, Rondale Moore, or Michael Wilson. Those Arizona receivers are about to see a big uptick with Murray under center.

Only issue is the guy I'm talking to is dead last. The other players are SUPER stingy with RBs. One guy does have J Taylor, J Jacobs, K Herbert, and R White. I'm trying to see if he'll part with one of them for Jones+Waddle.

I was offered Raschard White and Nico Collins for Jones+Waddle. Curious thoughts? Leaning no.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#246 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:20 pm

jschligs wrote:

Thoughts?

I did go with Harris. When in doubt bet against Joe Barry has been my motto this year. :D
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#247 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:24 pm

skones wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Thoughts?

I really like Douglas. I'm not sure what his ceiling is but he is the only dynamic wr on that team. Kind of like a poor mans Amon Ra St. Brown maybe? I also hate that QB situation in NE
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#248 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:25 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Thoughts?

I did go with Harris. When in doubt bet against Joe Barry has been my motto this year. :D

The ultimate fantasy hedge, start players against your favorite team and if they blow up, at least you got the points, if they get shut down, your favorite team did a great job.
skones
RealGM

Post#249 » by skones » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:36 pm

M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I really like Douglas. I'm not sure what his ceiling is but he is the only dynamic wr on that team. Kind of like a poor mans Amon Ra St. Brown maybe? I also hate that QB situation in NE

Started him last week in a 12 team PPR with 3WR and a Flex, and felt good about what I got. Bad QB situations, ESPECIALLY in New England is check down city. Profit in PPR.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#250 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:51 am

I have never had such insanely poor injury luck as I have this season. I've lost:

JK Dobbins
Mike Williams
Justin Jefferson
Kirk Cousins
Joe Burrow

(and shout-out to James Connor who just came off of IR)
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,600

Post#251 » by tski1972 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:12 am

Was offered Jefferson for Waddle/Breece Hall. I’m one game out of the playoffs. My RB situation is strong with Montgomery/Taylor/Achane, but my WRs are all hit and miss with Nico Collins/McLaurin/Marquise Brown.

A healthy Jefferson would give me a good shot if I make the playoffs. But will he be healthy?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
skones
RealGM

Post#252 » by skones » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:51 pm

If I don't win my league this year, I'm going to be livid. 12 Team PPR, and I'm done making moves at 10-1. 0 FAAB remaining. (only move will likely be a streamed QB in week 13.

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs
RB: Josh Jacobs
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Puka Nacua
TE: Dalton Kincaid
Flex: Derrick Henry
DEF: Stream
K: Stream

Bench: Tank Dell
Bench: Jaylen Warren
Bench: Tyjae Spears
Bench: Rashee Rice
Bench: Josh Downs

Benched Henry for Dell this week in a gut decision, which worked out quite well. Between Jacobs and Henry's up and down play, I'm certainly forced to make some real decisions between my RBs, WRs, and Flex. Luckily Henry has an absolutely monster schedule for playoffs.

Key trades on the season. Kirk for Swift. Swift + Flowers for Jacobs. Kareem Hunt for Tank Dell. Justin Fields for Josh Downs. I'm loaded.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#253 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Having the worst year ever in the 15 yrs of playing in my keeper league. 2-9

I drafted Reed, Doubs, and Watson

Since I've been out of it I've been having a little fun with my packer fandom. Picked up Love and Musgrave off waivers and I'm rocking Carlson and the Packers D. With the Musgrave news I need a TE (Mark Andrews was my starter) I just picked up Kraft.

So currently 8 of my 16 roster spots are filled with Packers lol

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#254 » by RRyder823 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:14 pm

Decisions decisions. Torn between Waddle or Locket this week

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,056

Post#255 » by RiotPunch » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:05 am

Am I nuts for starting Charbonnet & Dell over Waddle & Olave?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,600

Post#256 » by tski1972 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Jalen Hurts going off in the last quarter all but killed my playoff hopes.

And to make it worse I scored a season high in points this week and will lose.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
jschligs
General Manager

Post#257 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:12 am

Needed 25 from Herbert and DJ Moore. Looking like all hope was lost. 36 yard full PPR to Moore to clinch the win. God I love fantasy sometimes. I hate it usually.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#258 » by RiotPunch » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:09 pm

I was sitting at 2-4, with the league talking a lot of ****. I've since rattled off 6 straight wins, tied for 2nd place, with Kyren emerging as a potentially league-winning type RB1 off the IR. I usually don't face this much adversity in a fantasy season, but it's been fun to scrap my way back to the top.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MKE_Hodag22
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#259 » by MKE_Hodag22 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:59 pm

This is a bit pre-mature, but thought it'd be better to post it now than later.

League I am currently in is expanding into a 2 10-team league for next year. League Play is week 1-13, playoffs (top 4 from each league) meeting week 14/15/16. Looking for 7-10 people interested. Positions are (QB,QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,FLX,DEF,9 BEN).

Inbox for more details if interested!
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#260 » by RiotPunch » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:34 am

Tank :waaa:
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers