ImageImage

Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Re: Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#201 » by tski1972 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:34 am

What would you give up to get Jonathan Taylor?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,590

Post#202 » by Profound23 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:55 pm

My entire roster was either out or questionable for the most part.

I completely punted. Only two of my players did anything (Tua and Achane of all people) and I got smoked 240 to 70.

Hopefully by week 5 I have Kupp, Jonathan Taylor, Waddle, Ekeler, and Aiyuk back. Don't think I have ever seen a time where I lost both of my top two backs and all three of my top WRs. It was so bad that I didn't even consider picking up anyone off the waiver wire because I knew nothing would be worth it.

And thankfully because I would have ended up dropping Achane and now he is going to be one of the top pick ups of the week.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#203 » by jschligs » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:06 pm

tski1972 wrote:What would you give up to get Jonathan Taylor?

I'd give up Miles Sanders for him. Hell maybe even Derrick Henry (although I love his end of year schedule if he's healthy). That said, I don't think people would take Sanders for Taylor, but could be convinced to do Henry if he has a big week 4.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#204 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Profound23 wrote:My entire roster was either out or questionable for the most part.

I completely punted. Only two of my players did anything (Tua and Achane of all people) and I got smoked 240 to 70.

Hopefully by week 5 I have Kupp, Jonathan Taylor, Waddle, Ekeler, and Aiyuk back. Don't think I have ever seen a time where I lost both of my top two backs and all three of my top WRs. It was so bad that I didn't even consider picking up anyone off the waiver wire because I knew nothing would be worth it.

And thankfully because I would have ended up dropping Achane and now he is going to be one of the top pick ups of the week.

Sounds like my team and I also have Taylor and Ekeler (and Watson). I'm 0-3 and it's a keeper league so I sent out the 'open for rebuild trades' this morning. I'm done done done counting on RBs in FF.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#205 » by skones » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:38 pm

jschligs wrote:
tski1972 wrote:What would you give up to get Jonathan Taylor?

I'd give up Miles Sanders for him. Hell maybe even Derrick Henry (although I love his end of year schedule if he's healthy). That said, I don't think people would take Sanders for Taylor, but could be convinced to do Henry if he has a big week 4.

I think a lot of folks with Taylor on their roster are in panic mode just based on draft capital committed and likely holes in their roster through the first three weeks. I would deal Henry for him, because that situation is just NOT good. That offense is horrible, and his overall workload coming into this season doesn't exactly bode well for his health.

If it's a straight RB swap and you're in a good spot, I'd trade anyone not named:

McCaffrey
Pollard
Etienne
Jacobs
Robinson
Walker
James Cook
Kyren Williams

Straight up for him. Would even throw in like a WR3 to sweeten the pot a bit.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#206 » by tski1972 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:59 am

I just agreed to trade Henry/Mattison/Olave for JT/Sanders/McLaurin. I’m awaiting the return of Kupp, so if both he and JT come back healthy I feel this is grand larceny.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#207 » by RiotPunch » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:15 pm

Full PPR, must-win week. I need to pick one WR and a FLEX out of the following:

Tyler Lockett @ NYG, Tutu Atwell @ IND, Alexander Mattison @ CAR, Tank Dell v. Pitt

Josh Allen
Chris Olave
---WR2---
Kyren Williams
Alvin Kamara
Dalton Kincaid
---FLX---

Leaning Lockett/Mattison, but don't feel great about it. Atwell and Dell have been balling out and Seattle has been pretty trash through the air. Atwell in particular is really tempting to start over Lockett.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
skones
RealGM

Post#208 » by skones » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:25 pm

I just **** love Puka Nacua.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#209 » by RiotPunch » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:38 am

skones wrote:I just **** love Puka Nacua.

The Kupp owner and I had identical bids on Puka after week one, but he had the waiver priority edge. Still kicking myself for not going higher.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
skones
RealGM

Post#210 » by skones » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:39 am

RiotPunch wrote:
skones wrote:I just **** love Puka Nacua.

The Kupp owner and I had identical bids on Puka after week one, but he had the waiver priority edge. Still kicking myself for not going higher.

I went 106 on a 200 dollar budget and the next highest was 25. At least I made sure he ended up on my team.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#211 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:36 pm

I am 3-2 but I now have:

Josh Allen/Tua
Ekeler/Jonathan Taylor/Achane
Kupp/Nacua/Waddle/Aiyuk/Hopkins
Pitts
Tucker
Packers def

in a league where you start

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
FLEX
FLEX
TE
K
D

Now that they are all hopefully healthy my biggest problem will be figuring out who to bench at QB and one of my flex positions.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#212 » by DigitalFool » Mon Oct 9, 2023 9:05 pm

Down 7.2 going into tonight, with only Jones left. Wouldn't have even been a question if Richardson didn't go out and get me 4.3. Ugh.

.5 PPR

Options are super slim with LV (Abdullah, White, Renfrow) and GB (Taylor, Wilson, Wicks, Toure)

Don't want to overthink it and picked up Taylor as of now. Probably has the safest floor of all of them but certainly any one of these FA can get a TD and get me the win.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#213 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:04 am

Going into tonight I needed 20 total points. I have Pack D, Watson, Doubs, Reed all starting (ridiculous I know). I might actually lose lol

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#214 » by steger_3434 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:48 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Going into tonight I needed 20 total points. I have Pack D, Watson, Doubs, Reed all starting (ridiculous I know). I might actually lose lol

4 packers starting? Wtf is this a 32 team league?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#215 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:25 am

steger_3434 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Going into tonight I needed 20 total points. I have Pack D, Watson, Doubs, Reed all starting (ridiculous I know). I might actually lose lol

4 packers starting? Wtf is this a 32 team league?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
12 team with an extra flex so you do start a lot of wrs. I'm the only packer fan in the league and went a little overboard lol

DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#216 » by DigitalFool » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:42 am

Hope it was PPR because they didn’t hit 20
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#217 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:30 pm

DigitalFool wrote:Hope it was PPR because they didn’t hit 20
It was PPR so I did manage the win. 1-4... don't let me get hot :)

In retrospect building my team around Jonathan Taylor and Ekeler was a poor idea lol

Profound23
RealGM

Post#218 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:13 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

In retrospect building my team around Jonathan Taylor and Ekeler was a poor idea lol

Show how much luck is involved. I built my team around Ekeler, Kupp, Jonathan Taylor but am 3-2 thanks mostly to picking up Nacua and drafting Achane.

Now Achane goes down the second Ekeler/JT are back.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#219 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:32 pm

Profound23 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Show how much luck is involved. I built my team around Ekeler, Kupp, Jonathan Taylor but am 3-2 thanks mostly to picking up Nacua and drafting Achane.

Now Achane goes down the second Ekeler/JT are back.

Thought I was slick when I picked up Van Jefferson before week 1, Jackson to fill in for Taylor or Kelly to fill in for Ekeler. None of those worked out so well.

Really my downfall has been having kids. Ive won this particular league 5 times in 15 years. But having kids caused me to ditch college football so now I have no clue who guys are coming into the league and even with existing players by the mid rounds of the FF draft I have a bunch of 'oh that dude plays for them now?' moments.

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#220 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:26 pm

What are our takes on Jerome Ford long-term? In a deeper dynasty league and Ford would be $1, then 2 more years at 80% of ESPN projection.

Proposed trade for Kittle, who can be kept for one year at 80% of ESPN.

Time to cash in on Ford or is he a long-term guy?

Return to Green Bay Packers