ImageImage

Game 7: Green Bay at Washington - 10/23/22 - Noon -Fox

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Re: Game 7: Green Bay at Washington - 10/23/22 - Noon -Fox 

Post#381 » by skones » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:50 am

Or it was, our defense is hot garbage year after year after year and our offense was consistently good. But hey, that doesn't serve the narrative we're trying to paint. Instead we'll just build straw men and falsely claim that someone said Jimmy Graham was in his prime when we went out and got him. Listen to yourself.

You're just being dishonest if you think the offense was the number one priority throughout Rodgers tenure when it came to the draft. Weve been here for a decade bitching and moaning about how bad the D is, but because we're bad in 2022, we're going to act like we should have made all of these first round pick investments in skill positions while Adams and Jordy spent a chunk of their careers as elite weapons? I guess we have some serious cognitive blind spots.

The media running with that "NO FIRST ROUND PICK" narrative is dumb. You running with that narrative? Also dumb.

If you want to get mad at something, get mad about Ted Thompson completely ignoring free agency. Get mad about hiring garbage defensive coordinators. Get mad about drafting poorly. This obsession with using a first round pick on a wide out just to say we did is pearl clutching.

Bless those New England Patriots and their dynasty for drafting Nkeal Harry and Daniel Graham in 20 years. That's the template.

Wanna know the list of first round receivers since 2010 who have a ring as a primary weapon with the team that drafted them?

Mike Evans. That's the list. Not exactly a track record of success.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#382 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:52 pm

skones wrote:Or it was, our defense is hot garbage year after year after year and our offense was consistently good. But hey, that doesn't serve the narrative we're trying to paint. Instead we'll just build straw men and falsely claim that someone said Jimmy Graham was in his prime when we went out and got him. Listen to yourself.

You're just being dishonest if you think the offense was the number one priority throughout Rodgers tenure when it came to the draft. Weve been here for a decade bitching and moaning about how bad the D is, but because we're bad in 2022, we're going to act like we should have made all of these first round pick investments in skill positions while Adams and Jordy spent a chunk of their careers as elite weapons? I guess we have some serious cognitive blind spots.

The media running with that "NO FIRST ROUND PICK" narrative is dumb. You running with that narrative? Also dumb.

If you want to get mad at something, get mad about Ted Thompson completely ignoring free agency. Get mad about hiring garbage defensive coordinators. Get mad about drafting poorly. This obsession with using a first round pick on a wide out just to say we did is pearl clutching.

Bless those New England Patriots and their dynasty for drafting Nkeal Harry and Daniel Graham in 20 years. That's the template.

Wanna know the list of first round receivers since 2010 who have a ring as a primary weapon with the team that drafted them?

Mike Evans. That's the list. Not exactly a track record of success.

And you still don't get it.
skones
RealGM

Post#383 » by skones » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:38 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:And you still don't get it.

No I do. That's why you neglect to bring substance to the table here. There are just more impactful positions that provide far more payoff in the first round. But you do you.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#384 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:35 pm

skones wrote:

There are just more impactful positions that provide far more payoff in the first round. But you do you.

Like what? Backup QB?
skones
RealGM

Post#385 » by skones » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:57 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
skones wrote:

There are just more impactful positions that provide far more payoff in the first round. But you do you.

Like what? Backup QB?

You keep building straw men, shifting goalposts, and not making a lick of sense. You're clearly confused.

I didn't defend the Love pick. It's getting comical now.

VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#386 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:09 pm

skones wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
skones wrote: There are just more impactful positions that provide far more payoff in the first round. But you do you.

Like what? Backup QB?

You keep building straw men, shifting goalposts, and not making a lick of sense. You're clearly confused.

I didn't defend the Love pick. It's getting comical now.

Maybe go back and re-read the other posts if you're still that confused. I don't feel like wasting any more time on you.
skones
RealGM

Post#387 » by skones » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:10 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Maybe go back and re-read the other posts if you're still that confused. I don't feel like wasting any more time on you.

Follow your own advice. You'll see which ones have a coherent and consistent train of thought. It ain't you. I'm done. There's a reason you've just deflected every point made with a straw man.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,638

Post#388 » by LikeABosh » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:06 am

Mags FTW wrote:Sternberger, Moore, Amari...

Gotta wonder if pass catchers is a weakness for Gute. He's whiffed pretty bad on 3 guys taken in the first 4 rounds, and the jury is still out on Watson and Doubs. Doubs doing absolutely nothing yesterday doesn't bode well.

From 2018-2021 3rd and 4th rounds:

Gabriel Davis, Josh Palmer, Amon Ra St. Brown, Terry McLaurin, Michael Gallup, Riley Ridley, and Diontae Johnson

And then 22 other WR's who aren't notable or are total busts.

Definitely some talent there. I don't think it means he has a WR weakness, but he's certainly not finding difference makers like he does in the earlier rounds for other positions

I'll give him credit for MVS, Lazard, and Tonyan though. 5th rounder and 2 undrafted players who have been good support pieces

Return to Green Bay Packers