Read on Twitter
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,566

Re: Lions Lead Up 

Post#22 » by th87 » Tue Nov 1, 2022 5:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guy who presided over incompetent defenses during his entire NFL career now presiding over another. Who saw this coming?

This is why I think any one of us could've had an NFL job if we knew the right people, grew up in the sport, and could stand the grind. Very few geniuses in the field or anything.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#23 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 1, 2022 5:35 pm

th87 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guy who presided over incompetent defenses during his entire NFL career now presiding over another. Who saw this coming?

This is why I think any one of us could've had an NFL job if we knew the right people, grew up in the sport, and could stand the grind. Very few geniuses in the field or anything.

I think you may be right. Only a handful like 10% of coaches are probably difference makers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#24 » by stillgotgame » Tue Nov 1, 2022 7:52 pm

M-C-G wrote:Season on the line. Lose this one and pack it in. Probably pushed the rebuild out one year too long but had to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lions are embracing the tank by trading Hockenson we should really win this game.

If we don't it's going to be a mini rebuild for us. Reload in the draft and run it back next year.

Rodgers is guaranteed $108 million over the next 2 years. I don't think you guys understand this. Only way we can trade him is if the acquiring team takes on that money. We also have $34M in bonuses paid to him that will come due.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

Prospects for a rebuild are much darker than the delusions on this board perceive. And Love has sucked so far, so we need a QB also.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,213

Post#25 » by skones » Tue Nov 1, 2022 9:40 pm

th87 wrote:
I'd put Rodgers there too until they broke out the full court press to tell him how much they loved him (and trashed their cap in the process). I think with Z there was some complaint about how they weren't communicating with him.

To me, this draws attention to the FO's ability to manage egos.

I don't think it has anything to do with managing egos because they don't make any effort to do that to begin with.

It takes about half a second to take a look at Mark Murphy and realize from the top down this organization is run with a no-nonsense, old school, we are tradition, you are a player/employee for the Green Bay Packers blah blah blah approach. That doesn't play in 2022. You can't be running any company in 2022 with that type of outdated methodology. You alienate your employees, they turn their heads, start looking at more favorable organizations with modern approaches, and that's all she wrote. They want out.

The Rodgers issues all revolved around that. It should have been a wake up call for the necessity to fix fundamental problems, but I feel the Packers see him as an exception rather than the rule.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 687

Post#26 » by ColeWorld23 » Wed Nov 2, 2022 7:10 pm

th87 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Agreed. I've been feeling this way for the past couple years now seeing all these random coaching tree people get jobs. Good ol boys network.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,556

Post#27 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 3, 2022 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#28 » by Treebeard » Fri Nov 4, 2022 12:20 am

My guess, as of Thursday evening: 24-21 Packers W

GB wins on a last-second Crosby FG. Jamaal Williams runs through his old pals for 105 yards, but not enough to win. Goff throws a tipped pick-six to Egabarre. Rogers loses a fumble of a punt after gaining 21 yards. Biasacia strangles him on the sidelines...

Chaos reigns
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#29 » by thomchatt3rton » Fri Nov 4, 2022 6:11 pm

That a Rodgers-led Packers team could absolutely lose to a 1-6 Lions team is very strange territory to be in as a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 4, 2022 7:14 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 4, 2022 8:51 pm

With Campbell out Quay will have the radio and call the defense.

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#32 » by stillgotgame » Sat Nov 5, 2022 7:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Green Bay Packers