ImageImage

2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,899

Re: 2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season 

Post#1961 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:44 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Was really, really hoping we could've dumped Bahk and his salary to the Jets

I thought they would have had to pay all of his dead cap as part of any trade? It was pretty unlikely to happen for that reason, although some restructuring probably would have been part of any possible deal. Releasing him next year is much more viable than releasing or trading him this year was, although they could have done it if they had traded some other vets and really started a tear-down in order to eat all his salary this year.

Anyway, keeping Bakh was likely to happen due to the financial issues, but I fear that within a few years we'll be questioning why they didn't trade Jenkins, Jaire, or Clark when they still had prime value.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,051

Re: 2023 Packers Trades, Transactions, News - Bakh to IR; Might Be Out for Season 

Post#1962 » by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 2, 2023 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1963 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 2:31 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Was really, really hoping we could've dumped Bahk and his salary to the Jets

I thought they would have had to pay all of his dead cap as part of any trade? It was pretty unlikely to happen for that reason, although some restructuring probably would have been part of any possible deal. Releasing him next year is much more viable than releasing or trading him this year was, although they could have done it if they had traded some other vets and really started a tear-down in order to eat all his salary this year.

Anyway, keeping Bakh was likely to happen due to the financial issues, but I fear that within a few years we'll be questioning why they didn't trade Jenkins, Jaire, or Clark when they still had prime value.

True, but you can't keep trading talent. I just thought the moment you drafted Love it was best to trade Rodgers and Bakhtiari (even as a duo) to the highest bidders. Get out from under their contracts and start new. If you trade Adams, Rodgers, and Bakhtiari and end up with 3 1sts and 3 2nds (at the very least) you restack that lineup and give Love a bunch of new young guys to grow with. In that situation I keep Jenkins, Jaire, and Clark for the veteran leadership.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,899

Post#1964 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:02 pm

Profound23 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

True, but you can't keep trading talent. I just thought the moment you drafted Love it was best to trade Rodgers and Bakhtiari (even as a duo) to the highest bidders. Get out from under their contracts and start new. If you trade Adams, Rodgers, and Bakhtiari and end up with 3 1sts and 3 2nds (at the very least) you restack that lineup and give Love a bunch of new young guys to grow with. In that situation I keep Jenkins, Jaire, and Clark for the veteran leadership.

That might have been asking a lot, especially since Rodgers had had a few years of decline in a row before his 2020 MVP season and didn't have the same trade value. But when he went all diarrhea-mouth after the 2020-21 playoffs, that was an incredible opportunity to trade him. He was almost doing them a favor by giving them just enough cover to sell high on him, but they looked the gift horse in the mouth. Bakh was already hurt at that point though.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1965 » by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1966 » by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Green Bay Packers