ATL - Week 17

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: ATL - Week 15 

Post#1961 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:40 am

skones wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:19 TD (and “only” 5 rushing) for an MVP would be wild. Hard to see him really piling them up the next two weeks. But I honestly don’t know who else should get it. Maybe CMC if we could or would actually give it to a non-QB.

CMC or Tyreek should be at the top of everyone's list IMO. If Buffalo ends up winning their division, Josh Allen enters the chat.

Sure they are 2 and 3 for me right now, but the disrespect of Lamar is insane. Put him on that Niners or bills team and the offense is unstoppable. Dudes weapons are pretty average compared to what Purdy and Allen have. plus hes taking care of the ball really well this year.Tyreke missing time prolly knocked him out of it. CMC would be fine too. Lamar or CMC should win it.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,208

Post#1962 » by skones » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:51 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:
skones wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:19 TD (and “only” 5 rushing) for an MVP would be wild. Hard to see him really piling them up the next two weeks. But I honestly don’t know who else should get it. Maybe CMC if we could or would actually give it to a non-QB.

CMC or Tyreek should be at the top of everyone's list IMO. If Buffalo ends up winning their division, Josh Allen enters the chat.

Sure they are 2 and 3 for me right now, but the disrespect of Lamar is insane. Put him on that Niners or bills team and the offense is unstoppable. Dudes weapons are pretty average compared to what Purdy and Allen have. plus hes taking care of the ball really well this year.Tyreke missing time prolly knocked him out of it. CMC would be fine too. Lamar or CMC should win it.

There's no way I can justify Lamar Jackson as MVP with his lack of statistical production. Dude's accounted for 24 total TDs this year as a QB. It's nothing more than just defaulting to the best teams QB and that just feels insane. The idea that merely acknowledging this MAJOR hole in his resume is somehow "disrespect" doesn't make a lick of sense. Their rushing attack ASIDE from Lamar has found paydirt 19 times this season and rushed for 1,609 yards, why are we just turning a blind eye to that?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#1963 » by MVP2110 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:37 am

Yea I don't really see the argument for Lamar other then being the QB of the best team. The volume statistics aren't there and neither are the advanced metrics(12th in DVOA, 13th in EPA/Play). He's obviously a very talented rusher but he's also helped massively by having an elite defense. This is definitely the year it should go to a non QB, it's kind of sad we don't have any defenders putting up historical seasons as this would be the perfect year to give it to a defensive player imo
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#1964 » by Mags FTW » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:46 am

CMC is going to finish with 2000+ scrimmage yards and 20+ TDs. He'd be my choice.

Never understood the Purdy love. He has Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk, and CMC to throw to. You would have to be a really incompetent QB to not produce in that offense.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#1965 » by jute2003 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:48 am

I'm glad #12 is someone else's headache now.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1966 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:13 am

skones wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
skones wrote:

There's no way I can justify Lamar Jackson as MVP with his lack of statistical production. Dude's accounted for 24 total TDs this year as a QB. It's nothing more than just defaulting to the best teams QB and that just feels insane. The idea that merely acknowledging this MAJOR hole in his resume is somehow "disrespect" doesn't make a lick of sense. Their rushing attack ASIDE from Lamar has found paydirt 19 times this season and rushed for 1,609 yards, why are we just turning a blind eye to that?

His stats are fine IMO, 800 yards rushing and a lot of that is drive saving runs for first downs. Its gonna be CMC but for me Lamar is the MVP.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,208

Post#1967 » by skones » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:37 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:
skones wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:Sure they are 2 and 3 for me right now, but the disrespect of Lamar is insane. Put him on that Niners or bills team and the offense is unstoppable. Dudes weapons are pretty average compared to what Purdy and Allen have. plus hes taking care of the ball really well this year.Tyreke missing time prolly knocked him out of it. CMC would be fine too. Lamar or CMC should win it.

His stats are fine IMO, 800 yards rushing and a lot of that is drive saving runs for first downs. Its gonna be CMC but for me Lamar is the MVP.

NFL MVP Total Yard Rank:
2022 Mahomes #1
2021 Rodgers #10
2020 Rodgers #8
2019 Jackson #7
2018 Mahomes #1
2017 Brady #1
2016 Ryan #2
2015 Newton #9
2014 Rodgers #6
2013 Manning #1

Total TD Rank:
2022 Mahomes #1
2021 Rodgers #7
2020 Rodgers #1
2019 Jackson #1
2018 Mahomes #1
2017 Brady #1
2016 Ryan #2
2015 Newton #1
2014 Rodgers #2
2013 Manning #1

Jackson is currently #6 in total yards and #11 in TDs. It'd be one thing if he had an absurd amount of yards to cover the gap, but he's nowhere close. He's a massive outlier.

As for "a lot of that being for drive saving first downs?" That's not a thing based on a run or two against the niners. They're 10th in overall 3rd down conversion percentage.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,708

Re: ATL - Week 16 

Post#1968 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:51 pm

If a RB or WR (McCaffrey or Hill) doesn't win MVP this year then it's never happening again. They can't in good conscience call it anything but the "Quarterback on the best team" award and I think that's a horrible look for the sport.

Return to Green Bay Packers