ImageImage

2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably])

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1641 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Was exploring tradeups and ended up with Terrion Arnold at 17, Patrick Paul at 55, and Jerimiah Trotter Jr at 88. Picked up a future 3rd as well.

Honest question, is trading up for Arnold that much better than sitting at 25 and taking Kool-Aid? Is there a world we can live in that Kool Aid turns into the better pro CB? Just interested in your thoughts there, I’m on the fence.

I'm not so sure honestly. I think Arnold fits the Packers mold pretty well. Was watching something and they basically said this draft has a lot of position groups that are all relatively the same level of prospects, but just different flavored guys. I could see them valuing Arnold a lot.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1642 » by Frank Nova » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Was exploring tradeups and ended up with Terrion Arnold at 17, Patrick Paul at 55, and Jerimiah Trotter Jr at 88. Picked up a future 3rd as well.

Honest question, is trading up for Arnold that much better than sitting at 25 and taking Kool-Aid? Is there a world we can live in that Kool Aid turns into the better pro CB? Just interested in your thoughts there, I’m on the fence.

I'm not so sure honestly. I think Arnold fits the Packers mold pretty well. Was watching something and they basically said this draft has a lot of position groups that are all relatively the same level of prospects, but just different flavored guys. I could see them valuing Arnold a lot.

Yeah Arnold looks like a potential premiere guy no doubt, there’s a lot to like there. I listen to Locked On Packers on a daily basis and Bukowski has definitely gotten me to the point if we stayed at 25 and took Kool-Aid because Dejean was gone already, it would pay dividends anyway. He has stressed a lot about Kool-Aid being the stereotypical “Packers type”. I personally still love Dejean as a Packer and would hope the if we traded up it would be for him but I also really like Mitchell and Arnold a lot as they’re definitely the best 2 CB prospects. But if all 3 were gone and we chose to just stick and pick, I think Kool-Aid sounds like a great consolation prize. That’s why I was curious on your thoughts since you said about the trading up for Arnold, would you consider keeping those assets and “settling” if you thought the guy you didn’t have to give up assets for could end up just as good…. Lots of moving parts there I guess lol.

I’d trade up for Mitchell or Dejean but if it boiled down to losing assets for Arnold or just rolling with Kool-Aid, I’m not really sure which way I’d go still. Maybe 60-40 stick and pick and hope Kool-Aid is as good as advertised? That’s honestly a tough decision lol.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#1643 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:13 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

Yeah Arnold looks like a potential premiere guy no doubt, there’s a lot to like there. I listen to Locked On Packers on a daily basis and Bukowski has definitely gotten me to the point if we stayed at 25 and took Kool-Aid because Dejean was gone already, it would pay dividends anyway. He has stressed a lot about Kool-Aid being the stereotypical “Packers type”. I personally still love Dejean as a Packer and would hope the if we traded up it would be for him but I also really like Mitchell and Arnold a lot as they’re definitely the best 2 CB prospects. But if all 3 were gone and we chose to just stick and pick, I think Kool-Aid sounds like a great consolation prize. That’s why I was curious on your thoughts since you said about the trading up for Arnold, would you consider keeping those assets and “settling” if you thought the guy you didn’t have to give up assets for could end up just as good…. Lots of moving parts there I guess lol.

I’d trade up for Mitchell or Dejean but if it boiled down to losing assets for Arnold or just rolling with Kool-Aid, I’m not really sure which way I’d go still. Maybe 60-40 stick and pick and hope Kool-Aid is as good as advertised? That’s honestly a tough decision lol.

Yeah I'd be fine sticking at 25 and taking Kool Aid or Wiggins if he falls, I'd also be fine trading out of 25 and picking up future/extra picks as well. I really have no idea whats going to happen this draft. I have no expectations for any of their picks lol
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1644 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:49 pm

I would not hate Brian Thomas Jr. If his deep ball skills translates to the NFL you have a great wr. Whatever team gets Jayden Daniels should try to trade up out the 2nd and draft Thomas.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,263

Post#1645 » by skones » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Profound23 wrote:I would not hate Brian Thomas Jr. If his deep throat skills translates to the NFL you have a great wr. Whatever team gets Jayden Daniels should try to trade up out the 2nd and draft Thomas.

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1646 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Yeah I'd be fine sticking at 25 and taking Kool Aid or Wiggins if he falls, I'd also be fine trading out of 25 and picking up future/extra picks as well. I really have no idea whats going to happen this draft. I have no expectations for any of their picks lol

If Wiggins fell to us at 25 that would be nice. He is just a playmaker.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1647 » by Frank Nova » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:49 am

Junior Colson have a bad RAS? I don’t see his name thrown around here. Is that a Wisconsin thing? Lol. He looks like he’d be good next to Quay imo.
landoc88
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1648 » by landoc88 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:27 am

Frank Nova wrote:Junior Colson have a bad RAS? I don’t see his name thrown around here. Is that a Wisconsin thing? Lol. He looks like he’d be good next to Quay imo.

Nobody has his RAS score thst I can find.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1649 » by Frank Nova » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:38 am

landoc88 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Junior Colson have a bad RAS? I don’t see his name thrown around here. Is that a Wisconsin thing? Lol. He looks like he’d be good next to Quay imo.

Yeah I looked and couldn’t find anything on him that’s why I was curious. His measurables and tape look good, what round is his best draft value you think?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,933

Post#1650 » by Matches Malone » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Excellent tackler. Like a heat seeking missile. Not much of a ballhawk but he'll give you consistent coverage. Definitely on my short list of safeties I'd be happy if the Packers took.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1651 » by Matches Malone » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Packers bringing in Kiran Amegadjie on a Top 30 visit.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1652 » by Treebeard » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:15 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Packers bringing in Kiran Amegadjie on a Top 30 visit.

I admit that I hadn't heard of him, but on looking at some online info, Yale was a run-based offense, so maybe that's a key interest for the Pack?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,126

Post#1653 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:18 pm

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,093

Post#1654 » by MVP2110 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:56 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
landoc88 wrote:

Yeah I looked and couldn’t find anything on him that’s why I was curious. His measurables and tape look good, what round is his best draft value you think?

Speaking of Junior Colson, just listening to Dane Bruglar on the Athletic Football Show and he said he thinks Colson might end up going late R1 and his floor might be pick 37 to the Chargers
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#1655 » by Treebeard » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:38 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kinda sounds like a replay of Tariq Carpenter? A tweener to split time between Safety, Linebacker, and Special Teams?
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#1656 » by Treebeard » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:00 am

IF the Packers first pick remains at #25, that should be around 10pm our time, correct?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,126

Post#1657 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:37 pm

Reid (ESPN) with a seven round mock:

#25 - Graham Barton, C, Duke
#41 - Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
#58 - Cole Bishop, S, Utah
#88 - Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
#91 - Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee
#126 - Gabe Hall, EDGE, Baylor
#169 - Braiden McGregor, EDGE, Michigan
#202 - Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
#219 - M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh
#245 - Walter Rouse, OT, Oklahoma
#255 - KT Leveston, G, Kansas State

Hard to complain much about this one. I guess if you were going to levy one it would be using premium picks on non-premium positions.

Could have gone DeJean, Kneeland, Rosengarten. Gotten the linebacker in the late third with Wallace on the board.

But overall a mock I couldn't complain about.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,958

Post#1658 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:04 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Reid (ESPN) with a seven round mock:

Hard to complain much about this one. I guess if you were going to levy one it would be using premium picks on non-premium positions.

Could have gone DeJean, Kneeland, Rosengarten. Gotten the linebacker in the late third with Wallace on the board.

I can't pretend to have put an extensive amount of time in on this draft class the way you or a few others have done but I would sign up for those first six picks in a heartbeat.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1659 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:07 pm

Would love the Barton and Bishop picks, but I think I slightly prefer the scenario RS laid out.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,093

Post#1660 » by MVP2110 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Reid (ESPN) with a seven round mock:

Of the day 1 & day 2 picks the only ones I'd dislike is Khyree Jackson. I'd very happy with this result
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Green Bay Packers