ImageImage

2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably])

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,152

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1741 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Yea, you have to be really certain you like the guy you're trading up for. Like when the Packers traded up in the first for Clay Matthews Jr., Jaire Alexander, and Jordan Love.

I'm sure that they were "certain" they liked some other guys they traded up for who didn't pan out, too. I have confidence in Gute and his staff, who have been better than average IMO, but I have just as much confidence in them to make good picks later in the draft as I do in the first round - especially since development is a big part of the picture, and I think they are really good at that (at least on offense) right now.

I know the last two drafts look good, but their 2nd and 3rd day picks from 2021 and before were pretty lousy. The only thing saving those drafts were the first round picks.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1742 » by TroyD92 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:14 pm

I think the trade down chances are pretty high. Feel like there’s a lot of really good guys in the 2nd/3rd. We are even talking about taking guys in the first who are mocked in the 2nd. Not sure outside of a few players there’s a huge difference from like 24ish down to the middle of the 2nd. There’s also potential the QB run could see a team try and sneak into the top of the first to grab one of those 2nd tier guys (specifically Nix and Penix ) there’s a pretty huge drop off after those two, and they all could realistically be gone before the end of the first.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,857

Post#1743 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 pm

TroyD92 wrote:I think the trade down chances are pretty high. Feel like there’s a lot of really good guys in the 2nd/3rd. We are even talking about taking guys in the first who are mocked in the 2nd. Not sure outside of a few players there’s a huge difference from like 24ish down to the middle of the 2nd. There’s also potential the QB run could see a team try and sneak into the top of the first to grab one of those 2nd tier guys (specifically Nix and Penix ) there’s a pretty huge drop off after those two, and they all could realistically be gone before the end of the first.

I would probably include Rattler as a potential 1st-round prospect. In any case, it is worth noting that a lot of their needs are aligned with later picks.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#1744 » by TroyD92 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:I think the trade down chances are pretty high. Feel like there’s a lot of really good guys in the 2nd/3rd. We are even talking about taking guys in the first who are mocked in the 2nd. Not sure outside of a few players there’s a huge difference from like 24ish down to the middle of the 2nd. There’s also potential the QB run could see a team try and sneak into the top of the first to grab one of those 2nd tier guys (specifically Nix and Penix ) there’s a pretty huge drop off after those two, and they all could realistically be gone before the end of the first.

I would probably include Rattler as a potential 1st-round prospect. In any case, it is worth noting that a lot of their needs are aligned with later picks.

Is rattler really that high now? I recall him having a ton of question marks, but admittedly haven’t followed him much
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,096

Post#1745 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=iQSxYPAj7LyxUCsdRt49RQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,152

Post#1746 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

Any team that trades for a WR they'll need to pay a lot of money is insanely stupid.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,264

Post#1747 » by skones » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Any team that trades for a WR they'll need to pay a lot of money is insanely stupid.

There are exceptions to this. Tyreek Hill has CERTAINLY worked out for Miami, but yeah, Deebo and Aiyuk aren't those guys.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1748 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 pm

That rumor screams Jets to me
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1749 » by Treebeard » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 pm

Supposedly, the Rams are intent on bundling some of their picks, so they can move up to the 6 to 9 range for one of the primo Recievers.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,857

Post#1750 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Is rattler really that high now? I recall him having a ton of question marks, but admittedly haven’t followed him much

I wouldn't say he's quite that high, the keyword being "potential" first-rounder, but he has blue-chip tools and you can NEVER underestimate teams being desperate for a QB. He's reportedly been great in workouts, and I think the analytics are showing that he had god-awful protection all season, which contextualizes his numbers. I would be very reluctant to bet against some team reaching for him in the late first, even though it seems like that should be too high.

Put it this way, I bet a number of teams are hoping to get him a little later in the draft, but all those teams have to be worried about someone else getting him first. Someone's going to take the bait and snap him up surprisingly early IMO.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,962

Post#1751 » by stillgotgame » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Any team that trades for a WR they'll need to pay a lot of money is insanely stupid.

There are exceptions to this. Tyreek Hill has CERTAINLY worked out for Miami, but yeah, Deebo and Aiyuk aren't those guys.

AJ Brown worked out pretty well also.
Paying big money to a player that produces is worth it. Paying big money to guys that get injured or are malcontents is a problem.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,264

Post#1752 » by skones » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
skones wrote:

AJ Brown worked out pretty well also.
Paying big money to a player that produces is worth it. Paying big money to guys that get injured or are malcontents is a problem.

Eh, not what I'm really getting at. Hill is the type of WR that's transformative to an offense. I don't see Brown in the same light.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,333

Post#1753 » by Mags FTW » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 pm

Treebeard wrote:Supposedly, the Rams are intent on bundling some of their picks, so they can move up to the 6 to 9 range for one of the primo Recievers.

Dumb considering what they already have at WR.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1754 » by Treebeard » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Treebeard wrote:Supposedly, the Rams are intent on bundling some of their picks, so they can move up to the 6 to 9 range for one of the primo Recievers.

Dumb considering what they already have at WR.

Yup. Its either smoke screen, or they're making a desperation play for the playoffs, as Stafford has a high-mileage body. Their playoff window has shrunk
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,961

Post#1755 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1756 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:28 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Image

Read on Twitter

Would love DeJean. Chop or Newton would be solid. Eh on Edgerrin Cooper, pass on Robinson.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#1757 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 pm

Packers Twitter will meltdown if we take Edgerrin Cooper at #25. I'm legit worried about it. We have such an obvious need at the LB spot and this is the man who drafted Quay Walker at #22.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1758 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Packers Twitter will meltdown if we take Edgerrin Cooper at #25. I'm legit worried about it. We have such an obvious need at the LB spot and this is the man who drafted Quay Walker at #22.

Honestly his style of play is very similar to Quay as well. If Gute loved Quay it's very easy to see him loving Cooper as well.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#1759 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Packers Twitter will meltdown if we take Edgerrin Cooper at #25. I'm legit worried about it. We have such an obvious need at the LB spot and this is the man who drafted Quay Walker at #22.

Honestly his style of play is very similar to Quay as well. If Gute loved Quay it's very easy to see him loving Cooper as well.

If that's really the route he wants to go I think he has to try and work a trade down at least.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,961

Post#1760 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:19 pm

Daniel Jeremiah said he could see a scenario where 6 QB's go before pick 18. If that's the case, we'd have some awesome options left over to pick from.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Green Bay Packers