ImageImage

2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably])

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1461 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:43 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Anyone that says MHj isn’t the best overall player in this entire class is just trying to Skip Bayless themselves into an argument for the sake of having a different opinion. It’s silly.

It’s silly to label anyone as silly that has a different opinion. Like what are we doing here, it’s like the 2021(?) draft and people argued Justin Jefferson might be the best receiver but it’s silly to say.

Again all three of these guys may be absolute stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,090

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1462 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:45 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't really have much of a problem like Nabers (or Odunze for that matter) more than MHJr. I think it's weird, but different strokes, ya know.

It's when you justify it by knocking on MHJr's speed that I know you're telling on yourself.

Fairly certain MHJ clocked a 22 mph play this year. So I’d lean that he would have run close to Trey Bensons 4.39 time.

Worthy had the fastest clocked speed at 22.7 mph this season. Legette and Franklin had 22.3, and MHJr had 22.2, tied with Jaylen Wright.

From Feldman's Freaks list.

He’s very explosive, having broad-jumped 10 feet 8, and he’s really sudden, having clocked a 3.94 in the shuttle and improved on his max velocity from last year, up to 23.5 MPH. Asked for what training result he’s most proud of, he says it’s his 5-10-5, given his height and weight, yet still can run a sub-4-second time.

He tells The Athletic he’ll run in the high 4.3s at the NFL Scouting Combine next spring.

MHJ is a burner.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1463 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:04 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't really have much of a problem like Nabers (or Odunze for that matter) more than MHJr. I think it's weird, but different strokes, ya know.

It's when you justify it by knocking on MHJr's speed that I know you're telling on yourself.

Fairly certain MHJ clocked a 22 mph play this year. So I’d lean that he would have run close to Trey Bensons 4.39 time.

Worthy had the fastest clocked speed at 22.7 mph this season. Legette and Franklin had 22.3, and MHJr had 22.2, tied with Jaylen Wright.

From Feldman's Freaks list.

He’s very explosive, having broad-jumped 10 feet 8, and he’s really sudden, having clocked a 3.94 in the shuttle and improved on his max velocity from last year, up to 23.5 MPH. Asked for what training result he’s most proud of, he says it’s his 5-10-5, given his height and weight, yet still can run a sub-4-second time.

He tells The Athletic he’ll run in the high 4.3s at the NFL Scouting Combine next spring.

MHJ is a burner.

Dude is made in a lab (like DK Metcalf) but has way better WR skills vs pure athlete. I think Wright ran a 4.38 off the top of my head so that lines up nicely

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,617

Post#1464 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:48 pm

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

38.Cooper DeJean S Iowa
44.Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M
61.Michael Hall Jr. DT Ohio State
88.Devontez Walker WR North Carolina
91. Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
95. Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame
126. Jarrian Jones CB Florida State
169.Javion Cohen OG Miami (FL)
202.LaDarius Henderson OG Michigan
219. Austin Reed QB Western Kentucky
245.Maema Njongmeta LB Wisconsin
255.Logan Lee DT Iowa
2025 TEN 1st
2025 TEN 2nd
2025 PHI 4th

I am not even high on Cooper DeJean, but I had to do it
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Post#1465 » by Frank Nova » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:10 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Anyone that says MHj isn’t the best overall player in this entire class is just trying to Skip Bayless themselves into an argument for the sake of having a different opinion. It’s silly.

It’s silly to label anyone as silly that has a different opinion. Like what are we doing here, it’s like the 2021(?) draft and people argued Justin Jefferson might be the best receiver but it’s silly to say.

MHJ would’ve been the 1st WR drafted last year, the 1st WR drafted next year so how is it debatable now he’s not the best WR this year? I get different opinions and what not but Harrison has been regarded as the best WR in college football for 2yrs now, it’s not silly 2 weeks before the draft to act like he’s not?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1466 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:11 pm

Profound23 wrote:https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

38.Cooper DeJean S Iowa
255.Logan Lee DT Iowa
2025 TEN 1st
2025 TEN 2nd
2025 PHI 4th

Like it.

But this one made me chuckle. Traded down once in the first.

Outside of not getting a WR, I think I'd be 100% thrilled with this.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#1467 » by LUKE23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:15 pm

I really want to get out of this draft with Edgerrin Cooper. I'd even trade up a bit to get him.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1468 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:21 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

MHJ would’ve been the 1st WR drafted last year, the 1st WR drafted next year so how is it debatable now he’s not the best WR this year? I get different opinions and what not but Harrison has been regarded as the best WR in college football for 2yrs now, it’s not silly 2 weeks before the draft to act like he’s not?

I watch a lot of draft prospect stuff (mostly for dynasty fantasy football) and I've seen a lot of guys that I really respect say they won't be surprised if a team values Nabers after the catch ability to put him as the number 1 in this draft.

If it was just one or two guys, maybe I'd agree with you, but lots of football minds say the top 3 are so good this year, that it will be up to what the teams want out of a WR that will dictate the order they go. I think Matt Harmon might even have put Rome as the number 1 in the class because he sees so much Davante Adams in his game.

So my point is that it is silly to call any differing opinion silly at this point. But I really want to stress this is not a knock on MHJ, I think he will be fantastic all pro player. I just prefer what I see with Nabers and could see him with a better career.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,080

Post#1469 » by MVP2110 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I watch a lot of draft prospect stuff (mostly for dynasty fantasy football) and I've seen a lot of guys that I really respect say they won't be surprised if a team values Nabers after the catch ability to put him as the number 1 in this draft.

If it was just one or two guys, maybe I'd agree with you, but lots of football minds say the top 3 are so good this year, that it will be up to what the teams want out of a WR that will dictate the order they go. I think Matt Harmon might even have put Rome as the number 1 in the class because he sees so much Davante Adams in his game.

So my point is that it is silly to call any differing opinion silly at this point. But I really want to stress this is not a knock on MHJ, I think he will be fantastic all pro player. I just prefer what I see with Nabers and could see him with a better career.

Now, you want to see someone who is "silly" look at Chris Simms putting Brian Thomas Jr as his WR1
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,762

Post#1470 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:28 pm

I like Edgerrin Cooper but idk if he's a "got to have it" player for me. The LB crop is pretty thin this year though, so I'm not totally opposed to targeting him early if they deemed him a fit, but I also like Colson, Wallace and Gray. Jordan Magee is also an interesting later round developmental guy I'd like them to grab.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1471 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Profound23 wrote:https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

38.Cooper DeJean S Iowa
255.Logan Lee DT Iowa
2025 TEN 1st
2025 TEN 2nd
2025 PHI 4th

Like it.

But this one made me chuckle. Traded down once in the first.

Outside of not getting a WR, I think I'd be 100% thrilled with this.

Had one where Jayden Daniels fell to #25. Couldn't receive/find any good offers for the pick so I had to take him.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1472 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

Now, you want to see someone who is "silly" look at Chris Simms putting Brian Thomas Jr as his WR1

From a size speed I can kind of see a DK Metcalf maybe faster Tee Higgins with him, but I have the top 3 guys so far ahead of him in mind, its not a real discussion. I'm not sure if Chris is the type to have hot takes for clicks or not, but I have a hard time seeing this one.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1473 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:36 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I really want to get out of this draft with Edgerrin Cooper. I'd even trade up a bit to get him.

Huge boom/bust. If he is what he showed this year great, if he only played that well for one year because he knew this was it then nope because you are drafting a player who will only show up during his contract year.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1474 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

LMAO two hours after I posted that we get this update:

Read on Twitter
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1475 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:40 pm

Trade down-a-palooza in this mock for me
NFL-team-logo
Graham Barton
OC Duke
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Edgerrin Cooper
LB Texas A&M
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Michael Hall Jr.
DT Ohio State
NFL-team-logo
Marshawn Kneeland
EDGE Western Michigan
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Cole Bishop
S Utah
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Kiran Amegadjie
OT Yale
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Khyree Jackson
CB Oregon
NFL-team-logo
Jaylen Wright
RB Tennessee
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Mason McCormick
OG South Dakota State
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Jarrian Jones
CB Florida State
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Brevyn Spann-Ford
TE Minnesota
NFL-team-logo
Mark Perry
S TCU
NFL-team-logo
Kingsley Eguakun
OC Florida
NFL-team-logo
Al Blades Jr.
CB Duke

I'm not saying this is the best draft ever, but c'mon, it's pretty damn good. Strong entire OL with multiple guys that could take over OC for next year and start at RG as early as this year. Got the perfect high upside OT prospect, a giant blocking TE and a super explosive RB prospect to spell Jacobs.

Defensively what more could you want, great LB, OLB and very athletic S prospects. And a couple of athletic corners I really like along with some dart throws on guys late.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Post#1476 » by Frank Nova » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

That’s honestly just insane.

I really like this WR class a lot. I think there’s multiple guys with star potential. My favorite 1 is Xavier Worthy and not just because of the 4.2 40 speed, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone move the way he does. That quick twitch burst he possesses is deadly. I think he has the chance to be the most dynamic playmaker of the whole bunch. But having said that, I certainly wouldn’t draft him over MHj, Nabers or Odunze.

I apologize for being offensive. Calling anyone “silly” for a difference of opinion is poor taste. But like I said before, MHj has been top dog 2yrs running now and I’m struggling to understand what could have possibly changed that? Hes a cut above everyone else just look at the film, its incredible.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1477 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:56 pm

M-C-G wrote:Trade down-a-palooza in this mock for me
NFL-team-logo
Graham Barton
OC Duke
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Edgerrin Cooper
LB Texas A&M
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Michael Hall Jr.
DT Ohio State
NFL-team-logo
Marshawn Kneeland
EDGE Western Michigan
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Cole Bishop
S Utah
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Kiran Amegadjie
OT Yale
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Khyree Jackson
CB Oregon
NFL-team-logo
Jaylen Wright
RB Tennessee
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Mason McCormick
OG South Dakota State
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Jarrian Jones
CB Florida State
trade-icon
NFL-team-logo
Brevyn Spann-Ford
TE Minnesota
NFL-team-logo
Mark Perry
S TCU
NFL-team-logo
Kingsley Eguakun
OC Florida
NFL-team-logo
Al Blades Jr.
CB Duke

I'm not saying this is the best draft ever, but c'mon, it's pretty damn good. Strong entire OL with multiple guys that could take over OC for next year and start at RG as early as this year. Got the perfect high upside OT prospect, a giant blocking TE and a super explosive RB prospect to spell Jacobs.

Defensively what more could you want, great LB, OLB and very athletic S prospects. And a couple of athletic corners I really like along with some dart throws on guys late.

Do this but instead keep trading down and get as many future picks as you can. One time I traded away our entire draft along with my late round picks from next year but had half of the first round and a bunch of seconds.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1478 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:56 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I really like this WR class a lot. I think there’s multiple guys with star potential. My favorite 1 is Xavier Worthy and not just because of the 4.2 40 speed, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone move the way he does. That quick twitch burst he possesses is deadly. I think he has the chance to be the most dynamic playmaker of the whole bunch. But having said that, I certainly wouldn’t draft him over MHj, Nabers or Odunze.

I apologize for being offensive. Calling anyone “silly” for a difference of opinion is poor taste. But like I said before, MHj has been top dog 2yrs running now and I’m struggling to understand what could have possibly changed that? Hes a cut above everyone else just look at the film, its incredible.

I think it's prospect fatigue. Seems to happen fairly regularly with guys who have been stars for years before they get to the draft. Nate Tice wrote about it with regards to MHJr.

Marvin Harrison Jr. is the best WR, and arguably best overall player, in this class. Don't overthink it.
Harrison Jr.’s stock has been firm for almost two full seasons as the best wide receiver, and arguably the best overall player, in this draft that is full of offensive firepower. His arrow was always pointing up, or at the very least sideways, as he jumped up or sideways for errant passes during the 2023 season.

But then, as it seemingly always does during the shortest month of the year, the draft process power creep started to impact long-established prospects. The questions and nitpicks become declarations and career-hampering negatives, the newest north star statistic leading the way to the perfect prospect or away from a potential wasted draft pick.

In a group of talented wide receivers prospects (plus whatever you consider Brock Bowers), Harrison Jr. felt like he was in a tier of his own, and I still hold up in that regard. There has been plenty of drumbeating that has happened recently about LSU’s Malik Nabers, an unbelievably explosive receiver that sits at ninth on my most recent big board (slightly behind Washington’s Rome Odunze, and I’ll get into it later this week when I write about more on this year’s wide receiver class).

But I, personally, do not think Nabers is at the level of refinement of Harrison Jr. Could he get there? Absolutely. Part of the appeal of Nabers is how productive he already is and the ceiling he still provides. I just also think Harrison Jr.’s own explosive production and potential have been discounted as his last collegiate game, and public exposure, becomes further and further away in the rearview mirror.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1479 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:32 pm

I also think it is just really rare to see the high end caliber of WR prospects like we see in this draft. It's just an anomaly how many high end and high ceiling guys their are. I'm kind of stoked that we already have a legit WR core because that should drop a lot of value to our picks between the QBs that will be drafted and WR that go in round 1.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1480 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Oh don't sweat it, I completely get where you are coming from. Let me ask a hypothetical, how do you think MHJ is in the pros (maybe it was your or Ron) Julio Jones? Faster Mike Evans? something else?

If I think Nabers might be the next Chase or Lamb, how would that compare?

I have a dynasty league with pick 2,3 and 6 and I am salivating at getting 2 out of 3 of Marvin, Nabers and Oduze.

Return to Green Bay Packers