ImageImage

2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably])

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,079

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1161 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

The only way I'm good with an offensive lineman in the 1st is if they're convinced they can take over for Tom, with Tom being Runyan's replacement,
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably]) 

Post#1162 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:16 pm

Things would have to go very bad to be in a position to take Travis Hunter. But Deion is already saying he's gonna try and dictate where Hunter and Shadeur go.

“Top-4,” Sanders said when asked where he thinks the two players are going to go next spring at the 59:06 mark of this video. “Anywhere from 1-4, one of them is gonna be 1. One of them is gonna be 1, and the latter one would not go behind 4. Now, all this is subjective because I know where I want, kind of want them to go — and let’s not forget Shilo (Sanders). But I know where I want them to go. So, there’s certain cities where it ain’t gonna happen. It’s gonna be an Eli.”
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#1163 » by Frank Nova » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I think Coleman and Worthy have gotten to the point where they've become underrated, TBH.

Out of curiosity who do you think are being overrated? I know alot of guys you love but I'm curious who you don't want

Dallas Turner
Amarius Mims
Brian Thomas Jr.
Cooper Dejean
Graham Barton

I wouldn't say I don't want those guys, but I think they're being overrated right now.

What’s the issue with Cooper Dejean? The question mark of him testing still remains but the tape is fantastic. Plus, I haven’t really seen him mocked any higher than 19th overall so I’m wondering what makes him overrated at the point? Do you not think he’s a 1st round type of player?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,708

Post#1164 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:15 am

DeJean is only overrated if we're talking about him in the Top-15. As much as I love the prospect, I'm not moving up 10 spots just to draft him. In the mid-20's though? I think he's the absolute perfect fit and value for this new defense. Give me all the rangy, versatile athletes in the back-7.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1165 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:50 am

Ron Swanson wrote:DeJean is only overrated if we're talking about him in the Top-15. As much as I love the prospect, I'm not moving up 10 spots just to draft him. In the mid-20's though? I think he's the absolute perfect fit and value for this new defense. Give me all the rangy, versatile athletes in the back-7.

I guess he's not overrated in the consensus, which has him in the 20s. He's PFF's 7th ranked player and that's a bit too high for me.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#1166 » by Karmaloop » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:41 am

ReasonablySober wrote:The only way I'm good with an offensive lineman in the 1st is if they're convinced they can take over for Tom, with Tom being Runyan's replacement,

You can never have too many good OL. That's a good abundance to have. I don't think we go OT at 25, but I wouldn't hate grabbing someone like Mims if you believed in him.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,070

Post#1167 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:27 am

I'm hearing more and more buzz on TJ Tampa jumping into R1
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#1168 » by Frank Nova » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:39 am

MVP2110 wrote:I'm hearing more and more buzz on TJ Tampa jumping into R1

In general or a Packers target?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1169 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:48 am

Frank Nova wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:I'm hearing more and more buzz on TJ Tampa jumping into R1

In general or a Packers target?

I've seen the Packers speculated by a couple people as a team that could take him but I haven't actually seen him mocked to GB so moreso in general.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1170 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Dude is strong as hell.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#1171 » by Treebeard » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 am

Here's the bookend piece. By this WROPS computational tool, these are the most under-rated WRs in this years draft pool:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/3/25/24109179/wrops-most-underrated-wide-receivers-in-the-2024-nfl-draft
* Javon Baker
* Jermaine Burton
* Reggie Brown
* Xavier Legette (Honorable Mention)

Treebeard wrote:For the analytics minded here: Most overrated WR prospects

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/3/22/24108372/nfl-draft-2024-most-overrated-wide-receivers-wrops-keon-coleman-xavier-worthy-malachi-corley

analytics with some subjective context
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,691

Post#1172 » by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 am

Treebeard wrote:Here's the bookend piece. By this WROPS computational tool, these are the most under-rated WRs in this years draft pool:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/3/25/24109179/wrops-most-underrated-wide-receivers-in-the-2024-nfl-draft
* Javon Baker
* Jermaine Burton
* Reggie Brown
* Xavier Legette (Honorable Mention)

Really like Jermaine Burton. Think he's going to be good.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1173 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:56 am

If Legette ends up being awesome you guys are never going to hear the end of it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1174 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 am

Ran a search on Legette and man I had this class nailed before draft season began.

October:
If the Packers can't get Harrison Jr., go watch Xavier Legette and tell me he wouldn't be a nice consolation prize 20-40 picks later.

November:
If the Packers are in the 12-20 range it hopefully means they're winning convincingly with young guys playing well.

Obviously takes them out of range for the best OTs, QBs, Bowers, and MHJr. Probably out on Latu and one of Chop and Turner. At least one of Nabers and Coleman.

At 12 and beyond I think you're looking at the start of a run on DBs, RTs, and WRs.

I've watched literally all the first round DBs mocked get lit up at one point or another this season and I'd be holding my nose making a pick for any of Kool-Aid, King, DeJean, Arnold, and Wiggins.

WR is the opposite. This class rules. I love Nabers. I think Coleman does the ridiculous X stuff this team has lacked all season. Legette is a size/speed all around weapon. Same with Odunze. Worthy might be the fastest WR in college and we could use some more pure speed. Egbuka was maybe the highest touted of all these guys coming into the season and looks like other recent OSU WRs in that he's not the biggest dude but he's smooth and has elite footwork.

Give me any of those dudes and I'm happy.

8-)
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1175 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Ran a search on Legette and man I had this class nailed before draft season began.

October:
If the Packers can't get Harrison Jr., go watch Xavier Legette and tell me he wouldn't be a nice consolation prize 20-40 picks later.

November:
If the Packers are in the 12-20 range it hopefully means they're winning convincingly with young guys playing well.

Obviously takes them out of range for the best OTs, QBs, Bowers, and MHJr. Probably out on Latu and one of Chop and Turner. At least one of Nabers and Coleman.

At 12 and beyond I think you're looking at the start of a run on DBs, RTs, and WRs.

I've watched literally all the first round DBs mocked get lit up at one point or another this season and I'd be holding my nose making a pick for any of Kool-Aid, King, DeJean, Arnold, and Wiggins.

WR is the opposite. This class rules. I love Nabers. I think Coleman does the ridiculous X stuff this team has lacked all season. Legette is a size/speed all around weapon. Same with Odunze. Worthy might be the fastest WR in college and we could use some more pure speed. Egbuka was maybe the highest touted of all these guys coming into the season and looks like other recent OSU WRs in that he's not the biggest dude but he's smooth and has elite footwork.

8-)

You've seemingly completely changed your mind on the CBs then?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,691

Post#1176 » by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:27 pm

Adding to the visits list:

Spoiler:
Matches Malone wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
More visits:

James Cahoon, QB - Bridgewater State
Myles Murphy, DL - UNC
Curtis Jacobs, LB - Penn State
MJ Devonshire, DB - Pittsburgh
Steele Chambers, LB - Ohio State
John Rhys Plumlee, QB - UCF
Max Melton, DB - Rutgers :kiss
Joe Milton, QB - Tennessee
Spencer Rattler, QB - South Carolina

Adding to the List:

T'vondre Sweat, DL - Texas
Patrick Paul, OT - Houston
Edgerrin Cooper, LB - Texas A&M
Doug Nester, OL - West Virginia
Donovan Jennings, OL - South Florida
Aidan Robbins, RB - BYU

Gridiron Classic/Shrine Visits:

Marcellus Anderson, OL - UMass
Deiyantei Powell-Woods, OL - Central Michigan
Khristian Boyd, DL - UNI
Trey Taylor, S - Air Force

Combine Visits:

Ennis Rakestraw Jr, DB - Missouri
Audric Estime, RB - Notre Dame
Javon Bullard, S - Georgia
Evan Williams, S - Oregon
Kamren Kinchens, S - Miami
Michael Pratt, QB - Tulane
Jonathan Brooks, RB - Texas
Braelon Allen, RB - Wisconsin
Max Melton, DB - Rutgers (2nd visit)
Nate Wiggins, DB - Clemson
Chop Robinson, EDGE - Penn State
Jared Verse, EDGE - Florida State
Kingsley Suamataia, OT - BYU
Graham Barton, OL - Duke
Taliese Fuaga, OL - Oregon State
Xavier Worthy, WR - Texas
Adonai Mitchell, WR - Texas
Tyler Nubin, S - Minnesota

Kamari Lassiter, CB - Georgia (Pro-Day)
Brayden Narveson, K - (Hula & Tropical Bowls)
Jarrian Jones, CB - Florida State (Top 30 visit)
Khristian Boyd, DL - UNI (Top 30 visit)
Mike Hall Jr, DL - Ohio State (Top 30 visit)
Devin Leary, QB - Kentucky (Shrine Bowl)
CJ Hanson, OG - Holy Cross (Shrine Bowl & Combine)
Trey Benson, RB - FSU (Combine)
Jermaine Burton, WR - Alabama (Pro-Day)
Kool Aid Mckinstry, CB - Alabama (Pro-Day)
Kimani Vidal, RB - Troy (Combine and Shrine Bowl)
Kiran Amegadjie, OT - Yale (Combine)
Omar Brown, S - Nebraska (Shrine)
Bo Nix, QB - Oregon (Combine)
Matt Goncalves, OT - Pittsburg (Combine)
Zak Zinter, OG - Michigan (Top 30 visit)
Sione Vaki, S/RB - Utah (Combine)
Byron Murphy, DL - Texas (Combine)
Trevin Wallace, LB - Kentucky (Combine)
Tanor Bortolini, OL - Wisconsin (Senior Bowl)
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,163

Post#1177 » by JEIS » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:45 pm

Penix jr. looks like a QB Gutey would take. Some 4 d chess move as insurance with Love.

Dude has a cannon.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,163

Post#1178 » by JEIS » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:46 pm

Penix jr. looks like a QB Gutey would take. Some 4 d chess move as insurance with Love.

Dude has a cannon.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1179 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:51 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Ran a search on Legette and man I had this class nailed before draft season began.

October:

November:

8-)

Mitchell I wouldn't have any problem taking high. I think he's a stud. I like Arnold more now than I did back then too.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1180 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

October:

November:

8-)

Mitchell I wouldn't have any problem taking high. I think he's a stud. I like Arnold more now than I did back then too.

I thought you also want to trade up for DeJean or Wiggins? Or am I misremebering that?

Return to Green Bay Packers