MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,384

Re: Bears Lead-Up - Watson OUT; Doubs Questionable 

Post#85 » by MoreTrife » Fri Sep 8, 2023 8:46 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Lafleur, I hope he's a good coach this year.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,770

Post#86 » by jimmybones » Fri Sep 8, 2023 9:22 pm

Did I miss something with Nijman that Stenavich had such a sour answer about him? Seems kinda **** to be honest, guys win battles and the other guy ends up the back up every year for every team for every position. Why **** on the guy?
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,586

Re: Bears Lead-Up 

Post#87 » by Frank Nova » Fri Sep 8, 2023 10:24 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

This **** blows. Might as well sit Doubs too if he’s not 100%. Hamstring injuries can be killers throughout the season, im not sure it’s worth risking either of them missing extended time rather than just a game or 2. It’s a long season and we have 3 very winnable games to start the year regardless of who’s playing WR.

Unleash the Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke (Musgrave)!
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#88 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Sep 8, 2023 11:47 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

This **** blows. Might as well sit Doubs too if he’s not 100%. Hamstring injuries can be killers throughout the season, im not sure it’s worth risking either of them missing extended time rather than just a game or 2. It’s a long season and we have 3 very winnable games to start the year regardless of who’s playing WR.

If Doubs can practice the last two days. He can and will play in the game. Unless there’s a setback. Games mean a more than practice. Whether they are beginning, middle or end of the year. Plus he missed the last preseason game already with this injury. It’s not as recent as Watson’s.
LatentFrog
Senior
And1: 392

Post#89 » by LatentFrog » Sat Sep 9, 2023 12:17 am

Giannisland34 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Doubs can practice the last two days. He can and will play in the game. Unless there’s a setback. Games mean a more than practice. Whether they are beginning, middle or end of the year. Plus he missed the last preseason game already with this injury. It’s not as recent as Watson’s.

I badly want to win this one, but I'd err on the side of caution with Doubs, as much as I hate to say it. Love has the best connection with him of all the receivers. And practice isn't full speed. There's a higher risk in game.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,682

Post#90 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Sep 9, 2023 2:34 am

LatentFrog wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

I badly want to win this one, but I'd err on the side of caution with Doubs, as much as I hate to say it. Love has the best connection with him of all the receivers. And practice isn't full speed. There's a higher risk in game.
But assuming the Packers coaches and medical staff aren't idiots I would take him practicing as a sign he's basically 100% healthy. Because there's no reason to rush a hamstring injury at this point in the season.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#91 » by stillgotgame » Sat Sep 9, 2023 2:57 am

jimmybones wrote:Did I miss something with Nijman that Stenavich had such a sour answer about him? Seems kinda **** to be honest, guys win battles and the other guy ends up the back up every year for every team for every position. Why **** on the guy?

He benched Josh for the San Fran playoff debacle at the end of 2021 also. Chose Dennis Kelly at RT and Billy Turner at LT over Josh.

https://dairylandexpress.com/2022/01/25/green-bay-packers-ol-shake-up-doesnt-pan-out-49ers/

Zach Tom is an excellent athlete and a future Pro Bowler. Zach beating out Yosh for starting RT being labeled as some sort of competition is a joke, it was a foregone conclusion. Belittling Yosh after it is just dumb.
As you said hopefully there's something behind the scenes that we're not seeing.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
LatentFrog
Senior
And1: 392

Post#92 » by LatentFrog » Sat Sep 9, 2023 1:19 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
LatentFrog wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:

But assuming the Packers coaches and medical staff aren't idiots I would take him practicing as a sign he's basically 100% healthy. Because there's no reason to rush a hamstring injury at this point in the season.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

I hope you're right!
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,103

Post#93 » by MVP2110 » Sat Sep 9, 2023 6:23 pm

Innis Gaines & Patrick Taylor called up from the PS. That seems to be a good sign for Doubs. Curious if they are going with 4 RBs or are choosing to have Taylor active over Wilson
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,031

Post#94 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 9, 2023 8:45 pm

Interesting. Maybe they plan on looking lining up Jones as a WR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But I think it means Doubs goes.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#95 » by Treebeard » Sat Sep 9, 2023 8:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Interesting. Maybe they plan on looking lining up Jones as a WR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But I think it means Doubs goes.

Jones as a slot receiver and Dillon and Wilson could be pretty wild. Wilson has more burst speed than either Dillion or Taylor, IMO

Jones running a sweep?

Return to Green Bay Packers