ImageImage

2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Week 1 in Brasil v. Iggles

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Re: 2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Jones/Bakhtiari/Campbell Gone; Jacobs/McKinney/Nixon Signed 

Post#1801 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:30 am

Frank Nova wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
Hasn’t been awesome in a few years? He’s been an all pro safety 4 out of the last 5yrs and led the league in picks 2 seasons ago in only 12 games played. Your ceiling for awesome must be in the heavens Lol. I mean to your point I guess, he hasn’t had a 90+ tackle season since 2020 but 80, 69 and 70 the last 3 years isn’t a huge drop off imo.

He also had a passer rating against of 101.9 the year he had all those picks.

After looking into it more your point is valid. His best season was 2019 and then 2021 so I guess he is a few years removed from being awesome like you said.

Yea, that said I'd still be happy making him the safety next to XM. Draft a guy on day 3.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Re: 2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Jones/Bakhtiari/Campbell Gone; Jacobs/McKinney/Nixon Signed 

Post#1802 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:44 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
He also had a passer rating against of 101.9 the year he had all those picks.

After looking into it more your point is valid. His best season was 2019 and then 2021 so I guess he is a few years removed from being awesome like you said.

Yea, that said I'd still be happy making him the safety next to XM. Draft a guy on day 3.

XM and Simmons would be a dream. Haven’t had 2 players like that since Woodson and Collins and then Butler and Robinson before that. 2 Super Bowl backend duos, let’s make that happen. Every safety in this class should be a day 3 pick lol, maybe we can find some real value but I still like Anthony Johnson Jr personally. I think the kid deserves a chance to grow some more, especially in Hafleys new system. He could end up a steal.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#1803 » by Frank Nova » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:06 am

So any new news on a potential Simmons signing??
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#1804 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:06 am

Asking so much that he's still on the market is a huge red flag for me. Reminds me of a Boras client in MLB who holds out until the last two weeks of spring training before someone finally caves in and gives him a huge contract, which almost always proves to be a terrible decision because, you know, there's a reason nobody came close to meeting his demands all along.

If possible, just front-load more of Love's extension money if you can't find any more good free agents at a reasonable price and don't know what to do with the extra cap space. Or save it for trades.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#1805 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=1YJQtAfaaRB5OVmoUu2zUQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,498

Post#1806 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,680

Post#1807 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:45 pm

This makes me want to believe the opposite and we're going to be drafting a Nickel. Jarrian or Bullard come on down.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1808 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote:This makes me want to believe the opposite and we're going to be drafting a Nickel. Jarrian or Bullard come on down.

Read on Twitter

Nixon is honestly the big head scratcher for me this offseason. I have absolutely no idea what they're seeing in him that would lead them to think he can be a regular on defense. The contract wasn't a lot, but it's more than the veteran minimum I thought he was worth.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#1809 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:This makes me want to believe the opposite and we're going to be drafting a Nickel. Jarrian or Bullard come on down.

Nixon is honestly the big head scratcher for me this offseason. I have absolutely no idea what they're seeing in him that would lead them to think he can be a regular on defense. The contract wasn't a lot, but it's more than the veteran minimum I thought he was worth.

Maybe it's just because they think the kickoff rules might change and he'll be worth it regardless. Then again, that doesn't explain why they would over-praise his work as the NB, but that could just be typical off-season speak for being happy with your own moves.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1810 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:41 pm

It seems Hafley liked Nixon in the slot

Read on Twitter
?t=51Mq_cHVdtBSCCXmhSUtUg&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#1812 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:28 pm

Does every team deal with this **** from their former players being massive babies on social media/in the media or is it just the Packers? I'm sure your paychecks from the team cleared just fine while you were barely playing David. He's been spending too much time talking to Rodgers. Yes, the evil Packers and their evil coaching staff definitely wanted to sideline you for multiple years right after giving you a massive contract, it's all their fault.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#1813 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:40 pm

I heard him say this in an interview. Didn't seem like it was him throwing the Packers under the bus, just trying to give hope to any team who is considering him now such as "this time we got the surgery right and I am finally ready to play." He said the same thing this time last year.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#1814 » by RRyder823 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:43 pm

Gotta love the "Don't be out there practicing in full pads Week 17 when the 1 seed is locked up" line

A: The Packers had the one seed 3 times during his career and outside of the last one where pretty cut and dry with strait up sitting players the final week (not even gonna bother looking up whether he was one of the sitting. He didn't play more than half at worst)

B: Were or Weren't playing week 17 you got the next week off. Oh no, they want you to get actually reps in before you get a week off. Heaven forbid

C: Aren't they only allowed x amount of padded practices a season anyways?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#1815 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:46 pm

Profound23 wrote:

I heard him say this in an interview. Didn't seem like it was him throwing the Packers under the bus, just trying to give hope to any team who is considering him now such as "this time we got the surgery right and I am finally ready to play." He said the same thing this time last year.

Fair enough but it sure comes off poorly in print. I rolled my eyes 3 or 4 different times at his quotes in that article.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#1816 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:58 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Fair enough but it sure comes off poorly in print. I rolled my eyes 3 or 4 different times at his quotes in that article.

You don't have to tell me. I was saying we should trade the dude the second we drafted Love.

Just think, 2020 we draft Love....how many firsts we could have received for Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Adams. I was so happy with drafting Love, but frustrated with trying to hold on to the other players. While it might have worked out if Rodgers doesn't sh** the bed vs TB but still. It seems in this article he is throwing more crap out there, just saying in his first interview it seemed more like a guy who knows his playing days are behind him and he has to say whatever he can to make the next team believe he will be ready.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1817 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:59 am

Read on Twitter
?t=5gwfOSvgVrNipW2doLvknA&s=19
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1818 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Interesting. He's mostly sucked.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,680

Post#1819 » by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:56 pm

He had a bunch of game winning FG's when the Vikes were good 2 years ago including a 61 yarder. Good competition for Anders.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#1820 » by Treebeard » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:06 pm

With kickers, its there any useful analytics for how they succeed indoors vs outside? Yeah, I know distance is a bigger factor, but...

Return to Green Bay Packers