ImageImage

2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Week 1 in Brasil v. Iggles

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,682

Re: 2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Jones/Bakhtiari/Campbell Gone; Jacobs/McKinney/Nixon Signed 

Post#1761 » by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:10 pm

De'Vondre going off on social media this morning lol. Through all his babble this is the only thing I actually believe lol

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Re: 2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Jones/Bakhtiari/Campbell Gone; Jacobs/McKinney/Nixon Signed 

Post#1762 » by crowhead76 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:11 pm

How well would Julian Blackmon fit into the Hafley scheme?
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#1763 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 am

I don't think this makes him a lock but I do think it's more evidence that the Packers like their CB room as is and won't reach for A CB just to take one

Read on Twitter
?t=VrlhI4wIxO3SwcHWVkzcEw&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#1764 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:04 pm

Thought Ballentine filled in really well as a starter last season (56% completion and 81.2 rating when targeted), so that doesn't surprise me. He was the main guy on Jefferson in the game Jaire was suspended and pretty much clamped him up (interception, 3 pass deflections) until garbage time.
MKE_Hodag22
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#1765 » by MKE_Hodag22 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote:De'Vondre going off on social media this morning lol. Through all his babble this is the only thing I actually believe lol

Read on Twitter

Interesting that a lot of these players blast their former teams/coaches via social media. I still don't think it's a very good look, even if they're correct in this specific example. That stuff should really just stay in the clubhouse/locker room. But to that point, i don't think D-Coordinator staying or getting fired had anything to do with De'Vondre getting cut, I think he was gone either way.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#1766 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:20 pm

MVP2110 wrote:I don't think this makes him a lock but I do think it's more evidence that the Packers like their CB room as is and won't reach for A CB just to take one

Read on Twitter
?t=VrlhI4wIxO3SwcHWVkzcEw&s=19

They're handling every position like that. We can easily draft BPA and go from there.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#1767 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:43 pm

Matches Malone wrote:De'Vondre going off on social media this morning lol. Through all his babble this is the only thing I actually believe lol

Read on Twitter

Dude was the easiest unfollow I've ever made on social media while he was still a member of the Packers. The vibe he put out in his posts and stories made him incredibly unlikable. Nothing ever seemed like it was his fault.

He was all about the organization when they gave him the contract. He even had an Instagram post about it (I just looked at his profile, and it looks like he deleted that post at some point LOL).
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1768 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#1769 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm

O-line depth is officially a concern.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1770 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 pm

I'm not in the concerned camp just yet. They've been developing Caleb Jones and Luke Tenuta for depth at tackle, and we'll probably get a few more linemen in the draft. Yosh was an awesome swing tackle, but I think they can develop another one.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1771 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#1772 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I'm not in the concerned camp just yet. They've been developing Caleb Jones and Luke Tenuta for depth at tackle, and we'll probably get a few more linemen in the draft. Yosh was an awesome swing tackle, but I think they can develop another one.

I'm concerned. Last year, their depth chart included Nijman, Bakh, Runyan, and (if I'm not mistaken) every OL who's still on the roster, and they still nearly ran out of serviceable OL's. Is Newman the only backup OL on the roster who's ever played a meaningful snap? Are we counting on him, Jones, Tenuta, and a few rookies to be the best non-starting OLs on the team? And let's not pretend that Jenkins has been a picture of health. They're now in a position where they might literally have to draft 4-5 OL's.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1773 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I'm not in the concerned camp just yet. They've been developing Caleb Jones and Luke Tenuta for depth at tackle, and we'll probably get a few more linemen in the draft. Yosh was an awesome swing tackle, but I think they can develop another one.

I'm concerned. Last year, their depth chart included Nijman, Bakh, Runyan, and (if I'm not mistaken) every OL who's still on the roster, and they still nearly ran out of serviceable OL's. Is Newman the only backup OL on the roster who's ever played a meaningful snap? Are we counting on him, Jones, Tenuta, and a few rookies to be the best non-starting OLs on the team? And let's not pretend that Jenkins has been a picture of health. They're now in a position where they might literally have to draft 4-5 OL's.

They were probably going to draft a good amount of OL anyways. They have 11 picks and that's a spot Gute always puts equity in. The experience isn't going to be what it was, but they are choosing to move on from injured/older linemen. They kept Jones on the 53 despite being inactive for every game, so they clearly like something in him.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#1774 » by RRyder823 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:

Ehhhh. Only two of those would qualify as "depth" lost (Bahk i wasn't counting as anything going into last season) and GB has a good track record of drafting guys in the mid rounds every year.

This wasn't unexpected imo and doesn't change a whole lot from yesterday. We were gonna draft a few O linemen for depth before. We're still gonna be drafting a few O linemen now

We got 11 picks to replenish the depth pipelines

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1775 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:15 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Very similar to the Welch signing. Probably won't actually be used on defense but Rochell & Welch each played quite a bit on ST last year so I think they both have a realistic path to making the 53
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#1776 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 am

RRyder823 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Ehhhh. Only two of those would qualify as "depth" lost (Bahk i wasn't counting as anything going into last season) and GB has a good track record of drafting guys in the mid rounds every year.

I debated whether to include Bakh, my point being that that's how many OLs they thought they needed and that they're now well short of that. They went into last year with Newman being the 9th option on the OL, and right now, he's the 6th. Yosh and Runyan, despite their warts, were both far more accomplished in the NFL going into last year than anyone they'll have on the bench this year. I expect Gute and the coaching staff to figure it out, but I'm concerned. That's not the same as betting against them, but just as an example of how it could play out in the draft, does this mean they end up reaching for need? I hope they avoid that.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1777 » by MVP2110 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:33 am

Read on Twitter
?t=qmyFRRfx19l8VU62OWEa9A&s=19
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Post#1778 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:40 am

I was hoping it was us, take away a road game in Philly.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#1779 » by RRyder823 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

I debated whether to include Bakh, my point being that that's how many OLs they thought they needed and that they're now well short of that. They went into last year with Newman being the 9th option on the OL, and right now, he's the 6th. Yosh and Runyan, despite their warts, were both far more accomplished in the NFL going into last year than anyone they'll have on the bench this year. I expect Gute and the coaching staff to figure it out, but I'm concerned. That's not the same as betting against them, but just as an example of how it could play out in the draft, does this mean they end up reaching for need? I hope they avoid that.

All that's fair. I guess I just expected them to have inexperienced depth on the line going into this year (since I didn't expect Yosh or Runyan back to begin with) and just trust this team to draft quality linemen more than any other position

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#1780 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 pm

They'll draft at least 2-3 O-lineman and it wouldn't surprise me if they go with one in our first 3 picks. Your starting-5 is basically already set with Walker/Jenkins/Myers/Rhyan/Tom. Newman, Jones, and whoever you draft will more than suffice as depth. Zero concern about the O-line given our history of always finding quality interior guys. Only worry would be if Walker's last season turned out to be a mirage.

Return to Green Bay Packers