Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Re: 2023 Packers News, Transactions, Trades 

Post#61 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:30 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't it just come out recently that Benkert hated MLF cause MLF yelled at him in practice?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#62 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:36 pm

So is MLF too soft or too mean? I'm having a hard time keeping up this week.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,274

Post#63 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:02 pm

Don't know why people pay attention to the backup QB who lasted one season in the NFL.

So over a year of giving my point of view on how I see the game, offense, mixed in with the fact that I was doing a lot in the gaming / media space while being a player — it was clear that it wasn’t liked so much. So regardless of how well I felt I was playing - it didn’t really matter. At the end of the day I was a dispensable practice squad player. My perspective in conversation, added in with my projects off the field weren’t a fit for the head coach (even though it was appreciated by others).

Truly one of the more embarrassing self-owns you'll read.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,102

Post#64 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:23 pm

"At the end of the day I was a dispensable practice squad player."

He was then briefly on the Niners PS and then out of the league.

I'd say it was lack of talent rather than his personality.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,751

Post#65 » by Treebeard » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:30 pm

Regardless of his own on the field abilities, are his comments about MLFs schemes valid? Some of the best observers and coaches were bench players.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#66 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Don't know why people pay attention to the backup QB who lasted one season in the NFL.

So over a year of giving my point of view on how I see the game, offense, mixed in with the fact that I was doing a lot in the gaming / media space while being a player — it was clear that it wasn’t liked so much. So regardless of how well I felt I was playing - it didn’t really matter. At the end of the day I was a dispensable practice squad player. My perspective in conversation, added in with my projects off the field weren’t a fit for the head coach (even though it was appreciated by others).

Not really? He's not being unreasonable about any of it.

Why are we carrying water for MLF and the organization now? You're offering your opinion on a message board, but Kurt Benkert, who was in the locker room, in practices, has experience within the organization, AND has a working knowledge of the game higher than that of anyone here, has invalid opinions so we're going to undermine his credibility?

Now let's watch JT O'Sullivan's QB School for in depth analysis.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,144

Post#67 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:45 pm

I don't know if his criticisms are valid or not, but his bias is pretty clear, and I'm gonna need some more details other than some vague "we didn't get along" chatter.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:48 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Don't know why people pay attention to the backup QB who lasted one season in the NFL.

Not really? He's not being unreasonable about any of it.

Why are we carrying water for MLF and the organization now? You're offering your opinion on a message board, but Kurt Benkert, who was in the locker room, in practices, has experience within the organization, AND has a working knowledge of the game higher than that of anyone here, has invalid opinions?

I'm not carrying anyone's water. I just think it's funny to give your opinion next to, "I liked to play video games too much to last in the NFL".

skones wrote:Now let's watch JT O'Sullivan's QB School for in depth analysis.

I absolutely will not be doing that.
skones
RealGM

Post#69 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
I'm not carrying anyone's water. I just think it's funny to give your opinion next to, "I liked to play video games too much to last in the NFL".

Friendly reminder that you are offering your opinion here on a message board where you also frequently talk about video games. I think the irony there is funny.

To read this as an excuse as to why he's not in the NFL is a bit baffling given he was in and out of practice squads for 5 seasons instead of, this is why MLF and I didn't really get along. Ok, it happens so what? What an idiot for realizing that the NFL wasn't a long term full time option and diversifying his income streams.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:56 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Friendly reminder that you are offering your opinion here on a message board where you also frequently talk about video games. I think the irony there is funny.

To read this as an excuse as to why he's not in the NFL is a bit baffling given he was in and out of practice squads for 5 seasons instead of, this is why MLF and I didn't really get along. Ok, it happens so what? What an idiot for realizing that the NFL wasn't a long term full time option and diversifying his income streams.

Yea but I'm not out here offering up my NFL opinions as if they mean anything.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:57 pm

I think it's perfectly ok to discount the opinion of a QB who admitted to not liking MLF. And if that was a trend among several QBs that'd be notable but it rather seems Benkert is the exception as others have noted plenty of other QBs who have praised MLFs work
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
skones
RealGM

Post#72 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

You're doing the exact same thing he is without the audience.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:04 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Again, my opinions don't mean anything and I'm not pretending they do.
skones
RealGM

Post#74 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Again, my opinions don't mean anything and I'm not pretending they do.

You think it means enough to put it out into the ether on a message board though? There's your "self own." How is he doing anything different? I missed where he wrote that he was some sort of end all be all authority. Take his opinions with a grain of salt sure, but this bully-ish, "You were a backup QB who couldn't hack it cuz you played video games! Stfu LMAO!" stance is weird as hell.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:14 pm

Alright, whatever.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#76 » by LUKE23 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:29 pm

Must be a slow news day. :)
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#77 » by Treebeard » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:32 pm

Packers re-sign LB Justin Hollins and release RB Patrick Taylor

The release of Taylor is a little bit of a surprise since he was just called up to the 53 roster (3rd time) from the PS.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-lb-justin-hollins-oct-10-2023
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:39 pm

Treebeard wrote:Packers re-sign LB Justin Hollins and release RB Patrick Taylor

The release of Taylor is a little bit of a surprise since he was just called up to the 53 roster (3rd time) from the PS.

At this point I'd probably cut bait on Wilson and see if you can sneak him onto the PS. RB is a position where you can usually tell pretty quickly if they have it and if Wilson is unplayable at 24 years old he's probably not going to suddenly become playable next year
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#79 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:43 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Treebeard wrote:Packers re-sign LB Justin Hollins and release RB Patrick Taylor

At this point I'd probably cut bait on Wilson and see if you can sneak him onto the PS. RB is a position where you can usually tell pretty quickly if they have it and if Wilson is unplayable at 24 years old he's probably not going to suddenly become playable next year
They must still like him more than Taylor. I think this move is more about them feeling like Jones will be fine after the bye and also Taylor is like the definition of just a guy so they can easily find another if needed later on.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#80 » by Treebeard » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm

^^^ I think they're kinda stuck needing a 3rd RB, given Jones problematic hammie. Either they like Wilson a hair more as an RB, or Taylor got paszed up on the ST depth chart

Return to Green Bay Packers