ImageImage

GT: Bucky at Hoosiers - 11:00 - BTN

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,781

Re: GT: Bucky at Hoosiers - 11:00 - BTN 

Post#61 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:26 pm

It's a bad loss. OTOH, someone ITT said this is a low point in Wisconsin sports dating back to the 90s. Guys, we had a worse Bucks loss like a week ago.

We are not a good team. Like Giannis hitting a 3, it's like we hung with OSU last week for a few quarters and suddenly expectations reset to what you expect a normal Wisconsin team to look like - or even back to beginning of the season. Back when we weren't missing QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, S1. What are they "preparing" for when we have SO many holes? We're missing like the only good players we have. What are we expected to do?

It sucks to watch, I just don't think it's unexpected. Detach from the season.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,181
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: GT: Bucky at Hoosiers - 11:00 - BTN 

Post#62 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:55 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:It's a bad loss. OTOH, someone ITT said this is a low point in Wisconsin sports dating back to the 90s. Guys, we had a worse Bucks loss like a week ago.

We are not a good team. Like Giannis hitting a 3, it's like we hung with OSU last week for a few quarters and suddenly expectations reset to what you expect a normal Wisconsin team to look like - or even back to beginning of the season. Back when we weren't missing QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, S1. What are they "preparing" for when we have SO many holes? We're missing like the only good players we have. What are we expected to do?

It sucks to watch, I just don't think it's unexpected. Detach from the season.

I’m not so worked up about the bad loss, some of this is on Chryst - but the guys that are out there will be leading next year’s team and aren’t good. I’m talking specifically about the QB and portal WRs. I wouldn’t expect them to light the world on fire but I’m starting to worry about the rebuild getting off the ground.

I give Fickell the benefit of the doubt of a few years to get *his* recruits in there, but we suck after a portal season that everyone was gushing over. The offense generates zero explosive plays.

It’s bizarro me because I spent the past decade reassuring “it’ll be fine” after every crappy loss but it was usually due to an unlucky game and we knew the developmental program would shine later in the season or next year. We’re officially 2 years out now from hopefully being good. That’s just uncharted territory.

Return to Green Bay Packers