Game 12: Chiefs at Packers - 12/3/23 - 7:20 - NBC

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Re: Game 12: Chiefs at Packers - 12/3/23 - 7:20 - NBC 

Post#681 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 4, 2023 11:44 pm

I keep forgetting that I have, like, 400 gummies or something similar in my bathroom cabinet and total over the last year or so I think I've ate maybe five. They definitely work on me, I just don't eat them when I drink and I like to drink.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,399

Post#682 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 11:55 pm

Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
midranger wrote:Guys. 6:30 am is like 7 hours and 45 minutes from now. Go to bed. You’ll be fine.

I like sleep and it takes me a while to fall asleep and I wake up several times a night. I'm not having a great time right now.

You should see how much it would cost to get a sleep study done to check for sleep apnea. I used to think it was only for people who snore or have obvious physical problems breathing, neither of which describes me, but I still tested out as having sleep apnea and a CPAP has made a massive difference in my quality of life because I don't always wake up exhausted.

I would never wear that god damn thing lmao
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#683 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 5, 2023 12:39 am

trwi7 wrote:
Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
I like sleep and it takes me a while to fall asleep and I wake up several times a night. I'm not having a great time right now.

You should see how much it would cost to get a sleep study done to check for sleep apnea. I used to think it was only for people who snore or have obvious physical problems breathing, neither of which describes me, but I still tested out as having sleep apnea and a CPAP has made a massive difference in my quality of life because I don't always wake up exhausted.

Finn
Starter
And1: 2,287

Post#684 » by Finn » Tue Dec 5, 2023 12:41 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Finn wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:I have central sleep apnea and my ASV machine has completely changed how I feel each morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So jealous of you guys able to use a CPAP machine. I felt like I was getting strangled & couldn't get used to it. Tried a dental appliance for a while which really didn't help much. Would love to explore the Inspire implant if a local doctor ever gets trained.

How long ago did you have one? I got one last year with a full face mask. Was pretty easy to get used to. There are some rare occasions where I wake up in the middle of the night and the pressure just feels off, and I need to remove it.

I know how crappy I feel in the morning if I don't wear it though, so I really try to put it back on after a little break.

It was a number of years ago. I also have rheumatoid arthritis & flop around quite a bit during the night due to discomfort so that makes the issue worse.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#685 » by Ayt » Tue Dec 5, 2023 2:49 am

trwi7 wrote:
Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I thought the same thing, but I use a 30i mask that just has two little nose buds and it isn't all that noticable. I tried one that was more of a full mask and couldn't get used to it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#686 » by Treebeard » Tue Dec 5, 2023 3:24 am

Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Ayt wrote:

I thought the same thing, but I use a 30i mask that just has two little nose buds and it isn't all that noticable. I tried one that was more of a full mask and couldn't get used to it.

I'm new to CPAP. The fighter jock mask did not work for me at all - I got claustrophobic. I'm just about a week in on a hybrid job - nose pillow and lower face mask. Better, but I'm thinking that just some form of nose piece will work. I flip-flop when I sleep too, so the larger profile masks get pushed out of place.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#687 » by HKPackFan » Tue Dec 5, 2023 10:07 am

M-C-G wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
He said he thinks about how much he has. Not check. I’m the same way, especially after a close game. Like it still takes me a while to settle down after a blowout but my mind takes forever to slow down after a game like that.

I get it, was just goofin

Mediation has really helped me calm the mind and be more focused and present but I realize most people will think that's weird

Meditation has only been used successfully for hundreds if not thousands of years. I don’t think that is what is weird in this discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meditation has literally changed my life. I'm actually in a 7 day meditation retreat right now. Kudos to those that have unlocked it. Took me a while and different methods to get it to work for me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#688 » by jimmybones » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:41 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
I get it, was just goofin

Mediation has really helped me calm the mind and be more focused and present but I realize most people will think that's weird

Meditation has only been used successfully for hundreds if not thousands of years. I don’t think that is what is weird in this discussion.

Meditation has literally changed my life. I'm actually in a 7 day meditation retreat right now. Kudos to those that have unlocked it. Took me a while and different methods to get it to work for me.

That's awesome dude. I'm very much a novice and I've found one method that works for me, I just need to make it a more consistent habit. When I was doing it consistently a few years back it was so good.

Care to share about your method? I use headphones with the brainwave tones synced into music and just lay flat and try to keep my focus on deep breaths.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#689 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 8, 2023 4:29 am

jimmybones wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Meditation has only been used successfully for hundreds if not thousands of years. I don’t think that is what is weird in this discussion.

That's awesome dude. I'm very much a novice and I've found one method that works for me, I just need to make it a more consistent habit. When I was doing it consistently a few years back it was so good.

Care to share about your method? I use headphones with the brainwave tones synced into music and just lay flat and try to keep my focus on deep breaths.

I had trouble on my own, so I do guided meditations, works better for me.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers